Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just a read through this thread makes me think about how unrepresentative of Brighton fans NSC is. No player we have has a song sung as loud and as genuinely by our supporters, (ie the ones at the matches) than Knockeart.

I reckon the Brighton supporting public are wholly behind Knocky and want him to stay. The subset of NSC .. much more divided

Definitely this.

Muzza and March too, they’ve much loved at games, thousands applauding them in the warm up, or if they warm up as a sub.

Their haters are all signed up and active on NSC. But still heavily outnumbered!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Knocky gets me out my seat, has defenders on the back foot. One of my favourite EVER players in the stripes. Has so much left to give, he's at his peak I'd say, but with still a bit to prove in the PL to the doubters. What sort of game will he bring under Potter? That's the exciting part for me. Knocky totally unleashed to cause mayhem is what I'd love to see.
DO NOT want him to leave.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The problem this attacking option scores 3 or 4 goals a season and with his "antics" concedes a couple too, so the return isn't great, add in a couple of red cards and pointless bookings (just imagine if that Palace early doors tackle had been a red, we'd be in the Championship now) and I think you see that £15m is a very good price for the player.

Utter nonsense :facepalm:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Knocky gets me out my seat, has defenders on the back foot. One of my favourite EVER players in the stripes. Has so much left to give, he's at his peak I'd say, but with still a bit to prove in the PL to the doubters. What sort of game will he bring under Potter? That's the exciting part for me. Knocky totally unleashed to cause mayhem is what I'd love to see.

I don't disagree with any of that - he is exciting, he's that sort of player. But so was LuaLua. Knockaert, to a certain extent, was the upgrade on LuaLua that we needed to progress the team. I don't think the final product has been good enough, which is why I would take the money from Fulham and allow Jahanbakhsh and March to regularly play from the side that their strongest on.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Depends more on the song than the player. Ulloa's was belted out as it was easy to sing and catchy, same as Bissouma. Not necessarily to be confused with any popularity.
So, Ulloa's goals, Bissouma's undoubted potential and Knockaert's exciting attacking play had nothing to do with their popularity, just their songs... :doh:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

This.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't disagree with any of that - he is exciting, he's that sort of player. But so was LuaLua. Knockaert, to a certain extent, was the upgrade on LuaLua that we needed to progress the team. I don't think the final product has been good enough, which is why I would take the money from Fulham and allow Jahanbakhsh and March to regularly play from the side that their strongest on.

Taking £15m for Knocky so that Ali J can get regular starts on the right would be an astonishing gamble. Ali J could have played on the right all of last season ... were he good enough to displace Knockeart from the side.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If they're lower PL at best, they can and do - voluntarily if they want to shine again like they did when previously at the lower level, or voluntarily if their PL team doesn't want them/wants to sell them, and no other PL team comes in with an offer.
Knocky can shine in the Championship in a way that he can't in the PL - he's lower PL standard.

Lower PL standard is still PL standard...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lower PL standard is still PL standard...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’d be a bigger fish in The Championship. I think this might suit his character better.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The same Naylor whose contacts said Dunk to Leicester was....

The same Leicester who haven't and don't want to sell Maguire, are "miles away" from agreeing a deal, have priced him so high that Man United are pausing for thought, haven't made a bid for Dunk and have other targets and Bloom has priced him so high that everyone is freaking out.
How likely do you think it is ? .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Now that Potter has publicly said he wants Knockaert to stay, I can't see this transfer going any further.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Another ridiculous statement. NSC again at its best. Poster spouting crap he knows F all about.

Well, I've spent five minutes with the egotistical midget.
Have you?
Seems to me you are acting a bit pissy because I've suggested your 100-mile-an-hour hero isn't a shining light in the community or model member of society.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I largely agree with this. His skills were well suited, and tricky enough, for the Championship where he could beat multiple players before cutting back onto his left peg for a shot. Move this up a division where players are more savvy and it loses its effectiveness. Over the past 2 seasons there’s been many moments where players have completely read him and negated his impact especially that moment where they know he wants to tee up the ball on his left.

Take the money and invest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here