Votes: 107 23.2%
  • Absolutely anyone at all other than Boris Johnson

Votes: 354 76.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
USA seems to be gearing up for a war with Iran. We need a trade deal with the US, so sort of guessing we will be heavily involved. Maybe it will cut unemployment anyway.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I genuinely don’t believe we have a leader in waiting that can stop Brexit now. Boris is spouting on about a no deal being pretty much inevitable, which is probably true but it’s so clear he’s implying it’s a cert so that when he makes a total Barrymore of the last dregs of negotiations, he has pre-excused himself.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I genuinely don’t believe we have a leader in waiting that can stop Brexit now. Boris is spouting on about a no deal being pretty much inevitable, which is probably true but it’s so clear he’s implying it’s a cert so that when he makes a total Barrymore of the last dregs of negotiations, he has pre-excused himself.

I wouldn't be particularly worried whoever gets in. (Although Rory Stewart pushing TM's deal would be implementable, but our wonderful sovereign parliament may have something to say about that :wink:)

They won't go 'no deal' as there is currently no border posts in NI, No lorry parks at any port in Britain, No IT infrastructure or systems on which to run the 'WTO rules' on which we are supposedly going to trade and no trained staff to operate any of the processes. (And none of these will be in place by October 31st). So, even if they really wanted to, they cant.

If they want to renegotiate, there may be a problem as Baldseagull pointed out some while back

The EU will not give ground for two reasons, Firstly, they don't believe that we would leave without a deal, and in any case, there is strong evidence that Parliament would not allow it, Secondly, the EU negotiating team has packed up, the last EU Parliament is over, the new one has to arrange itself in groups, the next President needs to be elected, the commission needs to be chosen and the new EU Commission does not begin until November, after our supposed exit date, so it's going to be bloody hard to find anyone to negotiate with.

They are pretty much all deluded, or deluding their colleagues, if they are saying they can get something significantly different than what is on offer, whoever gets the job is going to have to go to the EU and ask for a long extension whilst we have a general election or second referendum, or persuade their colleagues to pass Mays withdrawal agreement, with perhaps a few tweaks to the Political Declaration if they can find anyone in the EU to talk to and agree to put it to the other 27.

So really, all any future PM can do is go with TM's deal or Fudge.

I wonder what flavour of fudge our friends [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] [MENTION=20840]The Rivet[/MENTION] [MENTION=12740]pork pie[/MENTION] [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] etc would prefer on October 31st ?

halls_assorted_fudge_3_1.jpg

Or maybe they will all leave the EU unilaterally on October 31st :lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I wouldn't be particularly worried whoever gets in. (Although Rory Stewart pushing TM's deal would be implementable, but our wonderful sovereign parliament may have something to say about that :wink:)

They won't go 'no deal' as there is currently no border posts in NI, No lorry parks at any port in Britain, No IT infrastructure or systems on which to run the 'WTO rules' on which we are supposedly going to trade and no trained staff to operate any of the processes. (And none of these will be in place by October 31st). So, even if they really wanted to, they cant.

If they want to renegotiate, there may be a problem as Baldseagull pointed out some while back

So really, all any future PM can do is go with TM's deal or Fudge.

I wonder what flavour of fudge our friends [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] [MENTION=20840]The Rivet[/MENTION] [MENTION=12740]pork pie[/MENTION] [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] etc would prefer on October 31st ?

View attachment 111446

Or maybe they will all leave the EU unilaterally on October 31st :lolol:

Ah,Watford zero answers spouting his regurgitated rubbish again.Utterly clueless,as nobody 'ITK' :lolol: has spoken to him since 2016,and just sounds like a stuck record.Hopefully,will follow Mr. Burns down into obscurity in November.Wonder who he will come back as?

dildo.png

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A good old finger will do me nicely ta.

finger-of-fudge.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Ah,Watford zero answers spouting his regurgitated rubbish again.Utterly clueless,as nobody 'ITK' :lolol: has spoken to him since 2016,and just sounds like a stuck record.Hopefully,will follow Mr. Burns down into obscurity in November.Wonder who he will come back as?

View attachment 111454

If you actually linked to the sources you quote, rather than creating a jpeg of the first few lines you would see

Figures seen by BBC's Newsnight have suggested that many UK businesses "are not even close to being ready".

The discovery came after the HMRC launched the Transitional Simplified Procedures scheme in February, aimed at easing imports in the event of the UK leaving the customs union and single market abruptly.

Fewer than 10% of the firms estimated to require the status had applied for it as of 26 May, Newsnight found.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48631741

From the very article you are quoting. You really are the gift that keeps giving :facepalm:

Still afraid the Internet gremlins will get you if you put a link in ? :lolol:

And I suspect the fact that the Director General of HMRC's Brexit border delivery group, decided to take unexpected early retirement last week, may indicate that 'no deal' Brexit planning may be less advanced than you think and the government is claiming. (She was the lead official responsible for the cross government 'no deal' planning involving police, ports, customs and freight interests).

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Oh Blimey; some things never change on dear old NSC.
Each side slagging off the other lot and getting nasty with it.

I don't think this is about left v right slagging each other off; this is about Boris Johnson and his suitability to be PM. I'm no Tory but I wouldn't have any complaints about Gove or Hunt being elected leader and PM. They've both proved themselves to be more than competent cabinet ministers, in fact, I'd say Gove has been excellent one (apart from at education).

This is purely about Johnson and the fact that he is such a mendacious, indolent, duplicitous, dissembling nasty piece of work

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You people who think the world owes everyone something, and don't want to pay your way in life make me sick. Yes, after the Labour government spewed out money they didn't have, whilst developing a sickening work ethic, really did create unrealistic expectations, didn't it!

I'm really struggling here to come to terms with what you are trying to say ? I'm not sure if you are trying to construct an argument or just trying to wind people up ?

I for one don't think the World "Owes " me anything. I think I was unemployed for 2 weeks when I was 17 and other than claiming child benefit for my one child I think I have pretty much paid my way in life. I do however, feel that my Income Tax, NI and Indirect taxation should support our children and those less fortunate than I and hopefully myself too when I get to retirement old and crotchety after a lifetime of work.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I don't think this is about left v right slagging each other off; this is about Boris Johnson and his suitability to be PM. I'm no Tory but I wouldn't have any complaints about Gove or Hunt being elected leader and PM. They've both proved themselves to be more than competent cabinet ministers, in fact, I'd say Gove has been excellent one (apart from at education).

This is purely about Johnson and the fact that he is such a mendacious, indolent, duplicitous, dissembling nasty piece of work

Have never, will never, voted Tory in my life but Gove and Hunt both seem pretty weak and useless to me. Wouldn't want either of them running a bath, let alone a country. Imho, of course.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Have never, will never, voted Tory in my life but Gove and Hunt both seem pretty weak and useless to me. Wouldn't want either of them running a bath, let alone a country. Imho, of course.

So who do you reckon is 'least bad' ?

For me, It's Rory Stewart but I also think he is the only one with an implementable approach to Brexit and so, as a remainer, he is the one I don't want.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Hunt and Gove each have their own skeletons on view rather than in the cupboard, Gove was a nightmare when Education secretary, his legacy still haunts our education system. Hunt managed to alienate thousands of junior doctors and other staff under his tenure during which he tried to develop a " 7 day a Week " NHS while paying staffing levels that were unable to cover a 5 day week due to staff shortages at a time of enforced austerity !

Nearly all the candidates are tarred by their previous performances in office except Rory Stewart, who has a clean pair of hands, at least for the moment.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Stewart is probably the least bad option- seems to have alright ideas, good real world experience etc.

unfortunately he hasnt got a chance as:

-he's not completely mental
-he has a weird face

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So who do you reckon is 'least bad' ?

For me, It's Rod Stewart but I also think he is the only one with an implementable approach to Brexit and so, as a remainer, he is the one I don't want.

I always try and picture whoever it is sitting down and having a powwow over a pot of Earl Grey with the major leaders of the world.

Now McVey is out and can't charm them, BoJo or Raab probably. No idea, until they are in that position we go on gut instinct.

Stewart seems a bit, erm, geeky. Needs a thicker neck.

dfd.JPG

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I’ve not been to St Helena but I have been to Ascension, but I wasn’t talking about that, I was talking about our Ester and her love of the fleshy flute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was reading a story recently about a female MP who enjoys a bit of backdoor action over her desk in the Commons and always insists the other party goes in ‘dry’.

Often wondered if it is the fragrant McVey.

If so it’s a good starting negotiating position when trying to sign that trade deal with Trump.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was reading a story recently about a female MP who enjoys a bit of backdoor action over her desk in the Commons and always insists the other party goes in ‘dry’.

Where the hell did you see that? And how did you find such a thing?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boris has confirmed that he IS going to do the BBC debate (Tuesday?). But not the one on Sunday.

Game on!

Clearly running scared from Channel 4, terrified he might actually get properly held to account by the likes Guru-Murphy.

Like Trump selective media where he think he'll get an easier time of it

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If you actually linked to the sources you quote, rather than creating a jpeg of the first few lines you would see

Figures seen by BBC's Newsnight have suggested that many UK businesses "are not even close to being ready".

The discovery came after the HMRC launched the Transitional Simplified Procedures scheme in February, aimed at easing imports in the event of the UK leaving the customs union and single market abruptly.

Fewer than 10% of the firms estimated to require the status had applied for it as of 26 May, Newsnight found.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48631741

From the very article you are quoting. You really are the gift that keeps giving :facepalm:

Still afraid the Internet gremlins will get you if you put a link in ? :lolol:

And I suspect the fact that the Director General of HMRC's Brexit border delivery group, decided to take unexpected early retirement last week, may indicate that 'no deal' Brexit planning may be less advanced than you think and the government is claiming. (She was the lead official responsible for the cross government 'no deal' planning involving police, ports, customs and freight interests).

Watford zero answers,you're so predictable.I will post links when we Leave,to every report I can find, with a question for you to answer,until you finally do.Unless you have flounced off,like Mr. Burns.It's not the Government claiming,it a top civil servant.Try to get something right for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here