Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which other teams supporters have you sat with?

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Quite common to sit with home fans in our first season premier league due to LP tally. Eased north of London in the second season. Probably will still do the same next season for the odd game even if away tickets are available. Everton springs to mind.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Was on a course in London many moons ago, and I went on an evening to see qpr vs Cardiff. Was stood in the Cardiff away area ...there were about 50 of them and turned out loads of people around us were supporters of various teams, like palace, Fulham, Chelsea, Darlington, Newcastle etc...it was refreshing to stand and chat to opposition fans without some numpty wanting a fight!

The only nob funnily enough was another Brighton fan who was trying to wind up the palace fan who was a really nice bloke and we still keep in touch now. I am known as Brighton scum and he is known as palace scum on our respective phones

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I sat next to a Millwall supporter at the Amex.
Mind you he was only 7 at the time and his Dad (my son in law) hadn't taken him to any games yet so I thought I might save him by taking him to an Albion game before it was too late. Bought him a shirt with his name on it too.

I took him a couple of times but I think parental pressure means he'd tell me he supports Millwall if I asked him.
He hasn't been to any Millwall games, the (maybe not so) poor little chap.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Let’s be honest, being with home fans when you are not THE opposition is not too difficult. Have done this at Highbury and at Selhurst many years ago, Arsenal second club, bad fan I know, but Albion fan since early 70’s, favouring Arsenal occasionally only came later with a desire to see BIG games.

Only time as an opposition fan was at White Hart Lane, 5th Round FA Cup some years back. On my own, main stand right near directors box, reasonably blotto to to be honest. Twenty minutes from the end and I could hold back no longer.....Albion, Albion, Albion etc etc, arms out wide standing up. A few shocked faces at first around me, then security started to gather, somehow got away with it. Lucky to be honest, could have gone proper tits up.

Mention of Highbury reminded me I watched Arsenal v Brighton from the North Bank (forgot about that when I posted earlier). When Brighton scored their consolation goal, my arm shot up and very quickly shot back down again.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Went to uni in Pompey so went to Fratton Park several times
Watched Gor Mahia when I lived in Kenya
Watched Atletico when I lived in Madrid and went to Real about 5 times too including to see El Classio (2-3 Barca with a Messi last minute goal)
Always take in a local game if there is one on when I am on holiday too

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Stood with Airdrie on many occasions ,the original Diamonds were my Scottish team and most of them were crackers.

I went to see Airdrie play away at Berwick Rangers once when I lived in Newcastle. They sang the best song I’ve ever heard at a football match, to the tune of Oh When the Saints

Oh Air-da-rie! (Oh Air-da-rie!)
Is wonderful! (Is wonderful!)
Oh Air-da-rie is wonderful
It’s full of c**ts
Pissed on Buckfast

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I went to see Airdrie play away at Berwick Rangers once when I lived in Newcastle. They sang the best song I’ve ever heard at a football match, to the tune of Oh When the Saints

Oh Air-da-rie! (Oh Air-da-rie!)
Is wonderful! (Is wonderful!)
It’s full of c**ts
Pissed on Buckfast

There is a couple of versions of that song .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Arsenal, a mate gave me and junior his season tickets a couple of times. Miserable bunch of entitled whingers. Very sweary [emoji23][emoji23]

Fulham, went once with a pal who is a long-term Fulham fan. Vocal, friendly lot. Absolutely ZERO tolerance to an away fan in the home end, got him chucked out immediately (Liverpool)

Chelsea - went several times with a former client (very well known at Chelsea). Horrible. Bunch of gobby Burberry-wearing chavs.

Barcelona- chock-full of tourists. No atmosphere, club shop manically busy.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Went to about five Colchester United games last season and hoping to go to plenty more next season. Atmosphere a bit lacking but really enjoyable and very easy for me to get to.

Seen VfB Stuttgart play as well against Mainz 05 a few years ago. Good experience and adore Germany.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Kidderminster (long story)
West Ham (last ground)
Palace
Spuds
Reading (that 0-0)
Watford (lived up that way)
Werder Bremen (lived that way)
Cheltenham (lived that way)
Liverpool (Not the OG cup game)
Derby

SwedishSonna

Aug 9, 2005
Newcastle upon Tyne
Plymouth - Lived there.
Newcastle - Live here.
Sunderland - Live not far from there.
Cambridge Utd - Live near a mate who is a fan of the U's and we went to Hartlepool one day to watch them play there.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
Mate of mine used to follow Wimbledon and we went to white hart lane (the game where Fash elbowed Mabbutt) hardly any wimbledon fans and the stewards were *****. Euro 2004 as we were staying in Lisbon we decided to go to Germany v Czech Rep in the Germany end that was fun as they lost 2-1

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Hereford away 1997 (something I constantly take any excuse to post on here). Surrounded by families, no trouble as I kept my mouth shut.

Anfield, the Kop, away 1991 (something I constantly take any excuse to post on here). Surrounded by scousers, no trouble as I kept my mouth shut.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
With Donny fans at their play off triumph over the mighty Leeds at Wembley
With Watford fans v Sunderland... keeping quiet as was supporting the mackems
With West Ham mate for a match eons ago at Boleyn Ground
With Palace fans v Coventry away,,. not many there and I wore my BHA hat!
With Blackpool fans v Palace up north.. I refused to sit in the away end!
With Pompey in prawn sarnie part v West Brom..... whilst cheering when Soton scored and keeping tabs on BHA away to Northampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here