Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Things designed specifically to annoy and frustrate people.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Whoever designed the junction when turning from A23 Northbound to A27 Westbound, where after the roundabout you have to get across two lanes of traffic in about 200 yards, needs rodgering with something very large and very spiky.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Whoever designed the junction when turning from A23 Northbound to A27 Westbound, where after the roundabout you have to get across two lanes of traffic in about 200 yards, needs rodgering with something very large and very spiky.

It’ll have been The Greens what did that.

You’re supposed to traverse that stretch of road on a bicycle made of lentils at a sedate 2 miles per hour.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

You only have to cross one lane, the middle lane is also to go westbound on the a27. Look at the road markings!

So it's you who cuts up traffic and brings the left lane to a sudden standstill at 50mph from us southbound a23 traffic trying to go east on the a27.:censored::rant:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I tried wipes but not that brand, I use the cheaper range from Toolstation, fine for hands but not good enough for labels.
Will give them a go, thanks.

All you need is acetone, I'm a sheet metal worker and suppliers use the same sticky shitty labels on some sheet material, lasers dont cut through them so we have to get them off. Acetone is best. And it is the chemical used in nail polish remover. If you can find some from a supplier it's cheaper than buying a 300ml bottle of nail polish remover.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
All you need is acetone, I'm a sheet metal worker and suppliers use the same sticky shitty labels on some sheet material, lasers dont cut through them so we have to get them off. Acetone is best. And it is the chemical used in nail polish remover. If you can find some from a supplier it's cheaper than buying a 300ml bottle of nail polish remover.

Thanks Spongy, I'm going to be an expert in removing labels very soon. :thumbsup:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Just thought I'd have my tuppence worth on label removal. Haven't read all the posts because, well, I didn't want to.....if you don't have acetone or nail varnish remover, use WD40. Takes a bit longer, but works a charm. A baby wipe or multi surface wipe will remove the WD40.
Sorry if it had already been posted, but as I said........

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
There’s an unexpected bonus here. When using Sky+ To see which one of the 400 episodes of Eastenders that my other half clogs up the Sky planner memory with. There’s a handy recap, usually a one line description, reading something like “Phil Mitchell falls off the wagon again. Kat Slater regrets sleeping with Ian Bleale.” Which saves one the trouble of actually watching that shit.

Kin ell did Kat shag Ian Beale? Really?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
LED headlights on cars, who’s crazy idea was that, blinding road users and causing loads of accidents here.
Some vehicles here have rows of them which they put on for their main beam, ffs if you need stadium lighting to be able to see then you shouldn’t be driving.
Not dimming them till they see the whites of your eyes doesn’t help either, stupid idea and just dangerous.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
The entrances to the Dartford Crossing Tunnel northbound on the M25.

Since they've installed the "new improved automated" entrance thingy there are inevitably long 4 lane queues - sometimes (like this week) back to effing Orpington - wasting millions of man hours and money every week.

Why hasn't the guy who thought this was a good idea been sacked( (maybe he has?)

… and relax!

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Post #67 nail varnish remover is the tip.
I'm going to try this as I spend far too long trying to remove labels on some jobs.

Good tip. The label was on the plastic toilet seat, not even the friggin cistern which would've been easier. I've never come across a more stubborn pointless sticker than this one. I'm not sure the remover will be OK on plastic but i'll certainly try on other things in the future.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Mill Road?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
entrances to car parks, usually unnecessarily narrow. in particular Eastbourne Arndale where they have you approach at an angle.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Road changes to accommodate cycle lanes where our council make junctions a sharp right angle, rather than curved, resulting in you either driving over the pavement corner or turning left into oncoming traffic.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
May I begin with HDCP2.2? This is a copy protection trick to prevent copying of UltraHD 4K material. Unfortunately it also means I cannot play genuine 4K BluRay discs on my genuine Samsung 4K monitor using either my genuine Samsung 4K BluRay disc player or the genuine LG 4K BluRay player in my PC. A curse on HDCP2.2.

I looked this up to get a flavour of what you're talking about https://www.cnet.com/news/hdcp-2-2-what-you-need-to-know/ and still not sure I understand it all. What's the blockage in your chain? Or rather, what 2.2 has been introduced into your setup that's causing the problem?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Pedestrian crossing buttons you press and it says ''Wait''

These lights are on a cycle to stop cars hitting each other at a crossroads.

The lights do not change any quicker just because you press the ''Wait Button'' - Absolutely pointless

They are about as much use as those ****ing kagools you used to get in the 70s where 10 drops of rain drop from the sky and you were drenched through when wearing one

Yeah but they do have a rotating thingy in their base to help the blind. This makes my waiting little moments of discovery!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here