Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Talksport (YES I KNOW)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Can't see how it's going backwards given Ashworth's success at club and international level. We didn't have him back then. Whether it's a good decision, only time will tell but if you get someone in with his reputation, there's not much point unless you back his judgement. Pivotal moment for the club, for sure.

I vaguely knew Ashworth when he was a newly qualified PE teacher.
Back then he was a bit of a brown nose, if I remember correctly.
I find it really difficult to think of him as anything else.

I understand that he has a great reputation, but what is that based on exactly?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

The complete transformation of cultural approach and talent development/team building with the national team. I spent some time with their sports psychology people and what they are doing/done is seriously impressive.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I vaguely knew Ashworth when he was a newly qualified PE teacher.
Back then he was a bit of a brown nose, if I remember correctly.
I find it really difficult to think of him as anything else.

As I understand it, the driving force behind getting West Bromwich Albion back into the top flight and staying there for a while. It all went belly up after he left. That success got him his move to the FA. There he laid out the plan for England's future that seems to be bearing fruit, with the current crop of good youngsters pushing to get into a team that reached a World Cup semi-final. So it's not a bad CV. Seems to be highly regarded within the game.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'll be interested in what that well-known controversialist Adrian Durham has to say on this from 4pm. Because if he decides to start wailing and howling about the decision, the bloke is a total hypocrite. All season long he has been slaughtering the team and the manager for being too negative.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As I understand it, the driving force behind getting West Bromwich Albion back into the top flight and staying there for a while. It all went belly up after he left. That success got him his move to the FA. There he laid out the plan for England's future that seems to be bearing fruit, with the current crop of good youngsters pushing to get into a team that reached a World Cup semi-final. So it's not a bad CV. Seems to be highly regarded within the game.

Well I take my hat off to him.
He has certainly been on some journey in the past 20 odd years.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I'll be interested in what that well-known controversialist Adrian Durham has to say on this from 4pm. Because if he decides to start wailing and howling about the decision, the bloke is a total hypocrite. All season long he has been slaughtering the team and the manager for being too negative.

If he goes down the path of accusing the club of racism then I might actually call in.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You’ve always struck me as high-brow, flitting between R3 and R4.

Not a Checkatrade ads type.

I'm radio 4 and 5 in the evening and at weekends.

However both stations are best avoided during the day. Radio 4 goes ACHINGLY thespian (*) whilst Radio 5 is so dumbed down you get calls in (like last week) about dogs liking your face.

They return to normality around 5 o'clock. If I listen during the day on weekdays - it's Talksport or LBC :)

(*) I can't stand any form of drama or theatre. Acting is simply a normalised form of lying.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bloom showing what a poker player he is. I doubt 10% of the fanbase saw this coming even though about 50% had been calling for it.
I had a feeling Tony Bloom would act quickly once the season had finished. Hughton has looked like a lost soul for weeks, none more so than yesterday against City. He is a very likeable man but his football has led us to where we now find ourselves-2 points above three very poor teams. Thankfully there was a group of three clubs just slightly worse than us. Bloom was never going to let that roll over to next season.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

That is basically what he and thicko Gough are saying. The pair of BELLS. "Well I know I've complained about the style of football but.........".

Agree totally we've been slaughtered by them and on sports bar by Jason Cundy

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Trying to link us with Lampard at every bulletin, as he’s the Big name .

Clowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here