Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Talksport (YES I KNOW)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"When Dan Ashworth came in, Chris was always going to go."

Why? If Dan felt we weren't getting young players in the squad enough, he could help with that. It's no guarantee the new manager will be better on that front (with Dan's help, hopefully they will be, but Chris hadn't had Dan's help yet).

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Murphy's view is that Ashworth was responsible for Hughton getting the sack - interesting!!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Murphy's view is that Ashworth was responsible for Hughton getting the sack - interesting!!!

If that is the case, I hope Ashworth's contacts extend to brilliant young managers wanting to come to Brighton.

But he then said,. it's hard to get an accurate view without inside info.. so he's just guessing.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The view that has made my blood boil this morning was that of John Barnes.

Apparently if CH was white he would have had more time to turn things round in his view.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The view that has made my blood boil this morning was that of John Barnes.

Apparently if CH was white he would have had more time to turn things round in his view.

Wait till Adrian Durham starts...He accused WBA of being racist for taking Moore.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Whether it was inevitable that Chris would be sacked is completely open to argument - personally I think that's wrong.

But one thing is for sure, Ashworth is definitely running the football side of things now and without any emotional attachment to Chris he was more likely to pull the trigger on him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nope, turned the conversation straight to BAME managers and that they typically have less time to turn things round
**** me that's some impressive bullsh*t right there. What a tw@t.

Chris is the most honourable and well respected manager I've ever heard of, as Bloom well knows, and this decision would have been really tough. The suggestion that Bloom's done it because Chris is black is ****ing mind numbingly stupid.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
**** me that's some impressive bullsh*t right there. What a tw@t.

Chris is the most honourable and well respected manager I've ever heard of, as Bloom well knows, and this decision would have been really tough. The suggestion that Bloom's done it because Chris is black is ****ing mind numbingly stupid.

& incredibly offensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here