• In

Votes: 209 37.3%
  • Out

Votes: 351 62.7%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A recruitment man being ageist, who would have thought it.

BG is only suggesting a figure head, a motivation speaker he would have a team around him.

Although I'd prefer Bruno until the end of the season leads from the front has respect from the squad. He has nothing to lose and neither has the Albion, because Chris has proven twice in a few days he is incapable of getting a performance from 2 out of form teams with hardly any shots on target and lots of goals conceded.

Hughton has to go.

When I suggested bringing in Mullery that was exactly the reasoning perhaps CH should get him in to give a talk. Bruno is already there as Club Captain so presumably has no input.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of course he would, but it is not about all-out attack every game. To be successful on a small budget you have to be organised, that is Hughton's main strength, arguably we were unlucky at Anfield, didn't get hammered by Man City, Utd or Spurs at home.

Chelsea we were poor.

Last season we had pace on the break, this season we have nothing, that is down to poor recruitment in my mind.

That is where the questions must be asked and the problem rectified whether we stay up or are relegated. but isnt that why Dan Ashworth has been brought in

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That is where the questions must be asked and the problem rectified whether we stay up or are relegated. but isnt that why Dan Ashworth has been brought in

Presumably, but how long has the alleged ‘unrest’ been there, or did it coincide with Ashworth’s appointment?

Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Our recruitment this year was primarily to strengthen the squad so that if any player was out for injury / suspension / intl duty , then there was a replacement or two well able to fill in. So CH has been unable to produce any different a style than in the past. Hard to see much point kicking him out now with 5 games left including 3 against top 6 teams where we would have to play his way anyway.

If we go down, then there will be lots of players in and out. CH has shown that he can do well at Championship level and will have a ' newish' squad. ( And perhaps the chance to give some of the U23s a chance )

If we stay up, then our recruitment strategy will surely be to bring in significant upgrades on current players. We may only be able to afford a couple. Will that be sufficient for CH to change the style of play ? TB is a true fan just like us - He understands the need for a change. If CH feels that with his input to the recruitment of a couple of upgrades he is able to make the change then perhaps TB will give him a chance. But if things are no better as we approach Christmas then part company with him on good terms.

I haven't read all of this or similar threads so this may have been said before...... One manager who is unsettled at the moment, who is filling a similar role successfully, and who seems to carry himself with the dignity which matches the Albion's style is Rafa.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In.

This poll confirms everything I suspected about our fan base. We're no better than the rest of the fickle fans of any other club, in fact, we're probably worse.

How the hell do you come to that conclusion? Worse? Really? We are football fans fed up with 2 years of mostly shit football. Especially away from home. Now at home we can't score a f.ucking goal against the strugglers in FIVE games. Most have realised that our manager is in fact quite shit at PL football, certainly in 2019 and definitely away from home for two seasons.

Anyway, carry on believing whatever it is you're believing in.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I did cover both points in my post you quoted but, in addition, if there is unrest how do we know he isn't sorting it out, i.e. that it wouldn't otherwise be worse.

I think last night confirmed that he hasn't sorted it out and this is as bad as it can be results wise.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn't vote out JUST because we're fourth from bottom and could well be relegated.

It's because I think Hughton is tactically naive and negative - just as Norwich warned us.
Like Norwich fans know anything. We did well enough last season, and did well the first half of this season. We've had a poor few months, due to a combination of things, but that doesn't mean it's all down to Chris. You also need to accept that we have one of the smallest budgets, and with that in mind we're not actually under-performing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone who votes in knows nothing about football.
Oh god it's worse than I thought. The man fully responsible for all our progress and success, who owns the club, clearly knows nothing about football.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Like Norwich fans know anything. We did well enough last season, and did well the first half of this season.

Well, everything they predicted has come true!

I think players have been ground down by the negative tactics. Once players lose confidence, they lose belief in coming back. That's what it's looked like in the past few matches.

You can tell from selections that players are picked for their defensive qualities.

And, finally, our new signings have looked poor - or Chris hasn't got the best out of them.

I don't think he'll be our manager next season - not in the Premier League anyway.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Massive bunch of dickheads on here. Anyone booing last night should do one and not come back.

Considering our budget and our squad, Houghton has done an amazing job.
Plonkers calling for attack attack have their heads up their arses. We simply don't have the quality to play that kind of football .. yet.
It's mission survive for at least the first 3 or 4 years of being in the Premiership.

Sure we have hit a bad spell.. very bad.. somethings gone wrong somewhere, but we don't know the story in the dressing room.
Houghton had done us proud. You knobs should wake up and get behind him. He is working with what he has.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Massive bunch of dickheads on here. Anyone booing last night should do one and not come back.

Considering our budget and our squad, Houghton has done an amazing job.
Plonkers calling for attack attack have their heads up their arses. We simply don't have the quality to play that kind of football .. yet.
It's mission survive for at least the first 3 or 4 years of being in the Premiership.

Sure we have hit a bad spell.. very bad.. somethings gone wrong somewhere, but we don't know the story in the dressing room.
Houghton had done us proud. You knobs should wake up and get behind him. He is working with what he has.

#HoughtonOUT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here