Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Approx 29,000 sold to date for Monday's Play Off Game

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hull normally get around 16k anyway although they'll sell out this I'm sure.
Derby had 2k more against Sheffield Wednesday than they did against hull yesterday.... I'd suspect the Derby fans are fed up with the playoffs also lol

For the big clubs like Derby, Hull and Albion this is all business as usual. For the smaller clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, it's a once in a generation thing and all manner of people come out of the woodwork for it, as was illustrated by the bumper crowd at Hillsborough the other night.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
For the big clubs like Derby, Hull and Albion this is all business as usual. For the smaller clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, it's a once in a generation thing and all manner of people come out of the woodwork for it, as was illustrated by the bumper crowd at Hillsborough the other night.
Yes I can see they've gone from 17/18k to 35k in no time and had 20k just a few games ago against MKD's....guess these tiny clubs get all excited at the prospect of the playoffs bless.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Wednesday and Derby have their own cause for embarassment, like a group of them asking me directions to their stadium (they had made an error in identifying my shirt) and I obliged - but not selling out tomorrow is a poor show and proves a lack of belief that this squad can turn it around. Yes there are legitimate excuses; Monday night, school night, train disruption but none that should see us get any less than 29k for a po semi.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Lots of lads and lasses have their GCSEs this coming week and have to spend their time revising. They may get to watch a few minutes of the game on TV.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Lots of lads and lasses have their GCSEs this coming week and have to spend their time revising. They may get to watch a few minutes of the game on TV.

You have to revise for those nowadays? I say take their revision with them, they won't be able to concentrate with the albion playing anyway :albion2:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Wednesday and Derby have their own cause for embarassment, like a group of them asking me directions to their stadium (they had made an error in identifying my shirt) and I obliged - but not selling out tomorrow is a poor show and proves a lack of belief that this squad can turn it around. Yes there are legitimate excuses; Monday night, school night, train disruption but none that should see us get any less than 29k for a po semi.

I made a similar (poor show) point about our non sell out of tickets at Hillsborough which bizarrely proved a controversial pov. As was mentioned then the club may be slightly to blame as the supporter points threshold may have been initially set too high. Having gone I don't think it mattered that much after all, as the support was tremendous. A few empty seats will make little difference and soon be forgotten if the crowd does it's job.

No doubt we will take 35k+ to Wembley if we do achieve the great escape!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
West lower emptiness is an odd one. It's mostly season ticket holders so why have they not bought? Won't be because of the Friday result because they had to take their seats before that. Odd, very odd.

Perhaps as they have to pay they move to cheaper areas or just fancy trying a different view?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They aren't even the biggest team in Sheffield.

Wednesday:lolol:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
BingleyOwl
Reserve Team Player

Sheffield Wednesday Fan
PipPipPip
231 posts
Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:04 PM
Haha that poster is obviously fishing!

Brighton are a nice club with a nice new stadium.

However, I see them no differently to how I see Tranmere or Gillingham.

Wind your neck in chap. Gillingham. Pfft.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Top Fishing [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

caught quite a few, might need a bigger net :lol:

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/239980-no-respect/

Ha!

To be fair to the Wednesday fans, they've not been noticeably all over NSC in the way Burnley and, particularly, Boro fans were. Links must have been on their forums near-constantly as Google Analytics had their forums as the main referrers of traffic to NSC nearly every day. Owlstalk has popped up from time to time but not in the same kind of numbers as the others did.

We've had very few Wednesday fans register either whilst, in contrast, there is still a bit of an ongoing battle to fend off the abusive and homophobic Boro fans joining NSC. Largely we're keeping them out of sight of the main board.

It gives me the impression that Wednesday fans are largely keeping their heads down in a respectful way, just going about their business of hoping they can pull it off. Fair play to them.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I like the Owlstalk member who says that we have to turn round a three-goal deficit - what's he been drinking since Friday night (or he's a Hull supporter on the wrong board)

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ha!

To be fair to the Wednesday fans, they've not been noticeably all over NSC in the way Burnley and, particularly, Boro fans were. Links must have been on their forums near-constantly as Google Analytics had their forums as the main referrers of traffic to NSC nearly every day. Owlstalk has popped up from time to time but not in the same kind of numbers as the others did.

We've had very few Wednesday fans register either whilst, in contrast, there is still a bit of an ongoing battle to fend off the abusive and homophobic Boro fans joining NSC. Largely we're keeping them out of sight of the main board.

It gives me the impression that Wednesday fans are largely keeping their heads down in a respectful way, just going about their business of hoping they can pull it off. Fair play to them.

Yeah i quite like their board, they're very much like us tbh, which has actually surpised me.
Yes they have the odd numpty, who doesn't?, but overall they have my respect at the moment...... That might change on Tuesday, I thought Boro were ok until after the game, there are still a few on here who do seem decent, i guess they are the ones that have survived the cull.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Robin's Hood Bay (no Tunny now, used to be Massive!)

It does not seem Yorkshire is big enuff for Sheffield (nowhere near the sea). To the rest of the world, Yorkshire is just a place to get through to go to somewhere else.

Where is that Jimmy Case video?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here