Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2015

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Plateau last night as previously recommended by [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION]

A really enjoyable blow out in a top quality French style bistro. Slightly chaotic when busy, which seems to be most of the time. The food and drinks selection are excellent and I am sure it is possible to eat well there for a lot less than we spent last night, but no regrets, just a be kind to yourself sort of a day really.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Fancied a quick bite to eat after work during the week with Mrs Westdene so we wandered into town thinking that it would be easy to find a restaurant with outside seating with space on a Tuesday night. How wrong we were !!!!

Anyway, ended up at Bellota Bar y Tapas. Nice enough, not the best Tapas I've ever had. The meatballs were great ( tonnes of garlic ) but some of the dishes were over spicy and the potato bravuras was over cooked. Good service though. I'll probably only use it as a last resort ( like we did Tuesday ! ). 6/10

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jimmys Brighton Marina - all you can eat buffet type place, reasonable food for what you pay but with the boys in tow suits their needs better than ours.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Brasserie Fish, Brighton Marina- along the raised boardwalk, from the multi storey carpark-overlooking the outer harbour.

Does fish. And chicken. Was rather nice, too. Upstairs looked better seating, more airy. No idea on price, as family were paying!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...h_and_Grill-Brighton_East_Sussex_England.html

NB: There is another 'Brasserie', in main square too. Italian style, I think.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Anyone got tips for Japanese or Chinese food? Done Oki-Nami before and was quite enjoyable, wondering if anyone else had other suggestions? Somewhere that'd be good to take a date ideally too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone got tips for Japanese or Chinese food? Done Oki-Nami before and was quite enjoyable, wondering if anyone else had other suggestions? Somewhere that'd be good to take a date ideally too.

Moshi Moshi in Brighton? They have a conveyor belt which might be fun on a date.

Jul 7, 2003
For those who have enjoyed Little Blue Smokehouse's food at Street Diner (National Street Food Awards winners 2014), they will be opening for business in the revamped Seven Stars on 16th July.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Been mourning the loss for many moons (actually probably over a decade) of Cheungs down the bottom of Queens Road. No chinese has come close since.

Then the other night, Bramber Dragon. My mourning is over :)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Moshi Moshi in Brighton? They have a conveyor belt which might be fun on a date.

Murasaki at Seven Dials. Small intimate and quality food.

Thanks guys, I shall investigate!

For those who have enjoyed Little Blue Smokehouse's food at Street Diner (National Street Food Awards winners 2014), they will be opening for business in the revamped Seven Stars on 16th July.

Ah new this was coming, but wasn't sure when. Excellent! The meat is good, but it's the slaw and sauces that really make it for me.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
While there is mention of Street Diner on here, I'd recommend the deep fried fish stall - their sandwiches are just fantastic. I can't remember what thye're called though.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
While there is mention of Street Diner on here, I'd recommend the deep fried fish stall - their sandwiches are just fantastic. I can't remember what thye're called though.

Olli's Fish Shack I believe. Very good stuff, annoyed that I missed out on the soft shell crabs last week.

Jul 7, 2003
Wanted some cheap eats while out with the family so tried the new pizza place in Worthing - Fiordilatte. It is a Sourdough Pizza and Gelato place which has only just opened and has a proper wood fired oven for cooking the pizza.

Very good large pizza, nice dough, good quality toppings and most pizzas between a fiver and £8. You get given a bottle of tap water on arrival which is nice and the beer is a bit different but nice. Service is attentive as you would expect from a new place and they are still getting up to speed so have no specials and also no card machine yet. Didn't have gelato as too full but the total bill for the four of us was less than £30.

Would definitely recommend this as the best pizza in Worthing - far better in quality and value than Pizza Express a couple of doors along.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Wanted some cheap eats while out with the family so tried the new pizza place in Worthing - Fiordilatte. It is a Sourdough Pizza and Gelato place which has only just opened and has a proper wood fired oven for cooking the pizza.

Very good large pizza, nice dough, good quality toppings and most pizzas between a fiver and £8. You get given a bottle of tap water on arrival which is nice and the beer is a bit different but nice. Service is attentive as you would expect from a new place and they are still getting up to speed so have no specials and also no card machine yet. Didn't have gelato as too full but the total bill for the four of us was less than £30.

Would definitely recommend this as the best pizza in Worthing - far better in quality and value than Pizza Express a couple of doors along.

Looking forward to trying this one. Far too many bang average pizza places about. My current favourite is The Hearth in Lewes another sourdough and wood fired oven venue.

Jul 7, 2003
Looking forward to trying this one. Far too many bang average pizza places about. My current favourite is The Hearth in Lewes another sourdough and wood fired oven venue.

Very similar to The Hearth but pizzas are cheaper at Fiordilatte (and it is much closer to home).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here