Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jamie Oliver’s Restaurants Administration!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I feel sorry for the people who will lose their jobs whilst he dreams up his next cluster **** of a business plan!

so you're ok with a business plan that created 1300 jobs, but...? didnt work out? perhaps should not have expanded so much?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
so you're ok with a business plan that created 1300 jobs, but...? didnt work out? perhaps should not have expanded so much?

Just don't bother unless you have a rock solid business plan that can't fail I guess?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've never seen the attraction of Italian restaurants - pizza and pasta is the easiest food to cook at home.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Blimey, I'm not sure I get the hate for Oliver himself.

He's always struck me as a decent bloke who wants to do the right thing for others. He takes risks and has done well for himself.

I appreciate his tone and mannerisms won't suit everyone, but I'm not sure I could be wishing ill on him because of that.

Agreed - can be a bit irritating at times but no-one is forced to watch him

Jamie's Italian was OK IMO - not particularly good or bad. Used to go there a fair bit because it was literally across the road from the office so very convenient for a quick lunch. Fairly expensive for what it was, portion sizes quite small (for me anyway - I'm a bit of a pig though) but reasonable quality and well presented. Won't miss it though - plenty of other options. Shame about the job losses of course.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
He'd pumped in a lot of personal cash not long ago when it was looking in trouble.

I've only visited them once or twice, and not recently, but thought the food was pretty decent as chains go. Certainly a step above any of the other large Italian chains I've ever eaten in.

Yep agreed, much better than other chains like Ask, Bella Italia etc., good service too.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yep he will be alright the smug ****..

I know this is a commonly-held view of JO but the truth is that he is very down-to-earth chap and pretty unassuming and modest. And yes, he will be alright.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
From memory I have had meals at his outlets and was not impressed but I do feel sorry for the 1,000 plus employees who are likley to be looking for new jobs in what has become a difficult employment sector

There is something about Jamie Oliver that I cannot warm to I think its this bish bosh throw everything into a pan and make it look a mess on the plate or even worse serving food on a lump of wood or slate what's that all about I want a plate if I wanted to eat camping style I would have joined the scouts.

However much as I hate to admit it Jamie Oliver recipes on line when you don't have to listern to him are on the whole fantastic they may have a lot of ingredients but his mixing of flouvours is top class

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Expanded. Expansion.
You know, a few years ago you’d have been thought a homosexual for using fancy words like that. But times change.
Know who said that?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Seems that his restaurants have been boycotted by angry brexiteers who don’t like his remain views (according to angry brexiteers) :wink:

nigel-farage-milkshake-1558430783.jpg:lolol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Any business that goes into administration is is a cluster **** of a business plan, surely?

Absolutely not.

Sometimes the market changes, sometimes events conspire against you, sometimes the banks decide your industry isn't want they want anymore and pull the funding. There are a multitude of reasons a business fails, and it cannot always be put down to bad management.

Obviously hindsight for all business decisions is a wonderful gift to have, but the reality is that if there was no risk involved everyone would be doing it. Where there is risk, there is reward, but likewise the risk is that of failure.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
British celebrity chef Jamie Oliver’s restaurants set to go into administration, putting up to 1,300 jobs at risk!

He’ll be alright though [emoji35]

Yeah. Horrible bloke.

That Fifteen restaurant where he allowed youngsters who had previous issues with drugs and alcohol to have a fresh start and re-train in the restaurant industry was a RIGHT ******* MOVE.

And then, to make it even worse, he had the CHEEK to put the previous profits from the restaurant into the foundation to continue the training programme.

BOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Blimey, I'm not sure I get the hate for Oliver himself.

He's always struck me as a decent bloke who wants to do the right thing for others. He takes risks and has done well for himself.

I appreciate his tone and mannerisms won't suit everyone, but I'm not sure I could be wishing ill on him because of that.

I’m just pleased there’s someone hated more than us. :D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here