Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But that is half the transfer window gone. Would he be allowed to work with the recruitment team prior to officially taking up the job

Maybe not, but surely they'd be heavily involved in incomings and outgoings as soon as the window opens.

Again as I said on another thread, whoever we get in is unlikely to have worked with any of our players before, and will not see them in action before they return for pre-season training. Realistically, no new manager is going to be in any position to make any decisions on any of our players until mid-July at the very earliest, as early pre-season doesn't involve much kicking footballs about.

I can only assume that Dan Ashworth is going to be quite influential in any player signings before then, as well as accepting/rejecting any bids too.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hiring the manager would involve MILLIONS of pounds and agreeing terms with another 'business' and then several people, which is reliant on those people (and their families) almost certainly relocating, moving kids out of schools etc etc etc.

It's amazing how, in the football world, people forget that all this is really quite complex. Our manager left THIS WEEK and I'm seeing some people are questioning how long it's taken to get a replacement in.....when there is no fixture due for MONTHS:lolol:

And we don't need to make any squad changes in the transfer window that opened yesterday.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Again as I said on another thread, whoever we get in is unlikely to have worked with any of our players before, and will not see them in action before they return for pre-season training. Realistically, no new manager is going to be in any position to make any decisions on any of our players until mid-July at the very earliest, as early pre-season doesn't involve much kicking footballs about.

I can only assume that Dan Ashworth is going to be quite influential in any player signings before then, as well as accepting/rejecting any bids too.

I am sure we have lots of video footage of our players available to the new guy (or gal) from day 1. A number of decisions might be made before the players actually return.

Exits may be predetermined and even communicated to the players impacted before July (assuming we have a manager by then - I mean, it's been nearly a week! What's going on?! No one wants us!! Arghhh!)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would be unthinkable negligence to wait until 7 weeks of the transfer window have passed by before having a manager in place.

So Neville, if he wants it, needs to resign his current role.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It would be unthinkable negligence to wait until 7 weeks of the transfer window have passed by before having a manager in place.

So Neville, if he wants it, needs to resign his current role.

Pissing off Kick it Out AND undermining the England Women's team on the eve of a world cup, all in one week?

PR GOLD.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Hiring the manager would involve MILLIONS of pounds and agreeing terms with another 'business' and then several people, which is reliant on those people (and their families) almost certainly relocating, moving kids out of schools etc etc etc.

It's amazing how, in the football world, people forget that all this is really quite complex. Our manager left THIS WEEK and I'm seeing some people are questioning how long it's taken to get a replacement in.....when there is no fixture due for MONTHS:lolol:

This!

Some of the comments are very funny.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pissing off Kick it Out AND undermining the England Women's team on the eve of a world cup, all in one week?

PR GOLD.
Depends how much he wants the job.

Albion cannot come 2nd this summer. Must be #1 priority from day 1.

Which is why it won't - indeed can't - be Neville.

The last post World Cup appointment was Hinshelwood...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You mean he has looked at Wales online, like the rest of us, and rewritten it word for word.

Tuff gig that journalism lark.

And being Welsh he will be able to understand their speak

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I don't get why people think that it's not happening or that it's taking so long ... we haven't even spoken to him yet, There's no cause to worry about a delay,

As that great Danish manager, Hamlet, said: "If it be now, ’tis not to come. If it be not to come, it will be now. If it be not now, yet it will come"

We just have to wait and see

Excellent. And a reminder that Craig Shakespeare is available...

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

PR GOLD.

What?

You mean rightly pulling up an organisation for making absurd comments about our clubs management or BAME managers? Hope they learn from that as those comments are the sort of thing that set kick it out back in what they are trying to achieve

Hardly undermining the England team we have an open vacancy if Neville is not interested both the FA and him will issue a swift go away

We are at the highly competitive business end of the football pyramid we can’t be tip toeing around worried about upsetting everyone.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

It's exactly the same posters who ruin every transfer window, for the same reasons.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sammy Lee was supposed to be no. 2 then ditched us for Southampton, right?

Sammy Lee was due to come to us but I think it was with another manager.

The guy I was thinking of for Hyppia was called Sascha Lewandowski

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He can feck off.....the manager of Juve has just come on the market!

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here