Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] POLL TIME - Danny Baker’s tweet

Was Danny Baker’s Royal Baby tweet KNOWINGLY racist?

• YES - You stupid prat, of course it was. He knew what he was inferring.

Votes: 97 29.7%
  • NO - You utter melt, the intent wasn’t racism.

Votes: 230 70.3%

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
FWIW I actually like the fact Baker is 'Sorry but not sorry' He has actually said it as it is. I got it wrong, I'm not a racist but some suit decided I was, I'm sacked, what else do you want? In the age of the faux apology to save career or face he has just carried on as usual. Bravo.

As I posted earlier, I'm no fan but he has actually gone up in my estimation. Not that that will get him his job back.

As for the' he might end up at talksport' comments, no chance. Its the absolute last place he would go and I'm prepared to take money on it for the remf.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’d be a really refreshing change if people and the BBC could accept an apology and leave it there without outrage and sacking. I’d respect the BBC a lot more if they took that approach. I think many would if it was handled the right way.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So just so we all know the BBC rules, a bit of intended casual racism towards the Senegal football team is OK but unintended racism is a sackable offence.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sorry I didn’t make myself very clear. If we accept that Danny Baker didn’t mean anything racist then what is the joke?

Just a silly picture! Ask Danny Baker.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Baker ought to know better. It was plain stupid not to think how it could be interpreted.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I guess we won't be getting that second series of 'Cradle To Grave'.

That's a shame.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I made a similar faux pas a couple of years ago having a meal out. A young black family were on an opposite table with a young girl, three years old ish.We were chatting with her parents and I started smiling and pulling faces at her, and she was responding, poking her tongue out , etc. As we left, we said goodbye to her Mum and Dad, and I quite innocently called her a cheeky monkey.
It was only later that I realised the offence that I could have caused quite unintentionally.

White people haven't been dehumanised and identified as animals historically so being called a cheeky monkey doesn't carry any weight with us and I embrace my inner chimp anyway. Children are like monkeys and are always monkeying about but if I thought that saying something could hurt someones feelings I wouldn't say it. Hopefully the young couple would have taken it in the spirit it was intended but this is the world we live in unfortunately. White people have had a superiority complex for much longer than we haven't and we treated Africans like caged animals for display too.

I don't think it is unfair to have to think twice about what we say or post because that is our own baggage of history we carry with us today.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's obviously not racist, but he deserves to be sacked just for being a c**t to a one day old baby.

Somebody did a tweet about one of the recent royal babies that just said

“He’s only a year old and already looks like a dickhead”

It was generally received as being very funny.

I offer no opinion.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I doubt DB is racist, but he at least has v poor judgement and so little surprise he got the boot.

(Personally I'd sack him on incompetence grounds - I find him unlistenable.)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'll miss the Danny Baker show on Saturday mornings. I wouldn't miss the royal family if the whole lot of them disappeared tomorrow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I doubt DB is racist, but he at least has v poor judgement and so little surprise he got the boot.

(Personally I'd sack him on incompetence grounds - I find him unlistenable.)

Rather listen to him than to you . But, you carry on....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here