Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Just won tickets

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
There is huge difference in quality of 1901 tickets. Best ones I`ve been in are lower west. If they are these they are good. Tickets in W2A or W2I are to be frank ridiculously overpriced.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I've won standard 1901 tickets in the past, regretted it, yearning to get back in my normal atmospheric seat

I was given 1901 tickets a couple of years back, I will never go back again. Give me a seat with the riff raff a time.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If my mrs had won this I'd be up for it mainly for the food and drinks. Live a bit of the high life!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was this an etoro competition?

A friend won 4 tickets via this earlier this season - meal in the Goldstone restaurant, unlimited bar throughout and seats at the back of the East Lower, and I went with him, sacrificing my WSU seat.

It was absolutely fantastic - the club do an amazing job.

it actually costs more than £150. For a Category B game, such as today, it's £185+vat, so £222 all in. Even at this price, for a special occasion, I think it's well worth spending that. I'd do it again if free without any thought and I'm sure I'll pay the going rate at some point too.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016

A friend won 4 tickets via this earlier this season - meal in the Goldstone restaurant, unlimited bar throughout and seats at the back of the East Lower, and I went with him, sacrificing my WSU seat.

it actually costs more than £150. For a Category B game, such as today, it's £185+vat, so £222 all in. Even at this price, for a special occasion, I think it's well worth spending that. I'd do it again if free without any thought and I'm sure I'll pay the going rate at some point too.

Agree with this.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

Won them for the same game as Bozza, agree with everything above. As a one off it is absolutely fantastic, you’ll be hard pushed to go anywhere where you’re as well looked after as this.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It's an experience! Go eat the food, go drink the drinks, and enjoy the fact they're completely free!

If you don't like the seats or the atmosphere, go to your NS seats at half time. Sorted :)

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Suppose it’s what you like but both wife and I went to the 1901 as guests of friends, no atmosphere although good view. Wouldn’t do it again and for a game as important as Newcastle I would want to be part of the atmosphere. Still if we play the same as the last two home games retiring to the free bar may be preferable.

Go and enjoy it. Put your NS tickets on the exchange and get some cash back.

Go in there with an open mind. You might just realise that coz some folk can afford something that some folk cannot, it does not mean they are toffs, corportates or any less of a supporter than you are in your cheaper NS seat.

You’ll have a great time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

It's my 60th birthda on Tuesday and my fmily have clubbed together to get me and Mrs LLF this for todays game.
Im excited now as I've never done corporate at the football before, really looking forward to it. But, I'd give it uo for a win.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's my 60th birthda on Tuesday and my fmily have clubbed together to get me and Mrs LLF this for todays game.
Im excited now as I've never done corporate at the football before, really looking forward to it. But, I'd give it uo for a win.

I wouldn't say it was "corporate" at all - just a mix of fans who either had done OK for themselves, or wanted a special treat.

As I say - I really enjoyed it, and it really shows the Albion off in a positive light.

We got to meet both Mullers and Bob Booker, and I understand that at some games you'll get to meet Bobby Zamora too (or instead of).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know I can't wear a shirt, but, is it acceptable to wear a team scarf?

Absolutely, I have seen plenty of away fans in there sporting scarves.

If you look at the promotion video after the Wigan game you can see TB going mental waving a scarf. Don’t take any shit from the door staff on this.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I wouldn't say it was "corporate" at all - just a mix of fans who either had done OK for themselves, or wanted a special treat.

As I say - I really enjoyed it, and it really shows the Albion off in a positive light.

We got to meet both Mullers and Bob Booker, and I understand that at some games you'll get to meet Bobby Zamora too (or instead of).

I have gone to various grounds as corporate and its always great, 1901 is equally as good (not had the pleasure of the meal and free bar though) like you say its often those who have done well for themselves but still as much a fan as the next person and then others going for a treat who are often as equally a big fan but its a birthday etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here