Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton's strange pre match comment

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I assume that the OP has been away on Plant Zogg since CH's appointment, every interview pre game or post game always talks about the quality of the opposition regardless of whether they are 1st or last in the league, or whether they've won or lost all their last 10 games.

Along with the calm approach in the technical area on matchdays, CH is nothing but consistent.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Along with the calm approach in the technical area on matchdays, CH is nothing but consistent.

Calm? This nutcase?

NN9jURx.gif

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Swings and Roundabouts in the mind games department, I would of thought West Ham fans were quietly confident before last night, then their world comes tumbling down with the ticker tape sky announcement that Izquierdo is fit to start , I can imagine the reaction to that simple announcement.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
[MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION]

Think you've missed the point

The oddity is in the fact that hughton says we keep playing form teams at home.

As others have said maybe it's just mind games

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
[MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION]

Think you've missed the point

The oddity is in the fact that hughton says we keep playing form teams at home.

As others have said maybe it's just mind games

Or are you missing the point?

Fulham visited after putting their first win on the board beating Burnley 4-2, then beating Exeter in the cup. West Ham visit after losing their first 4 games, with a win away to Everton, draw away to Chelsea and beating MU.

Even MUs only home win came in the game before ours, they were actually in form at our place! :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wonder if he’ll be up against Zabaletta - who he’s eaten for breakfast twice - again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the last 10 minutes of the game?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hughton said: “It seems to be a bit of a habit where teams come to the Amex having hit good form, which is what West Ham have done but it’s probably no surprise.

Sorry but he can't be making excuses already ? I love the man but this is a bit weak.

.....and factually untrue. Spurs and man u were hardly hitting the heights and Fulham had won once. Southampton in the cup, yep, let's pass on that one as well.

Is he feeling the heat ?

Win, lose or draw, CH is ALWAYS deferential to the opposition, both pre and post match. He's too much of a gentleman to do otherwise. Just a tragedy that he seems unable to reel in his vile touchline antics during the game itself.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Cutting to the chase, is there any manager that says in a pre-match press conference that we only need to turn up and win and should p**s all over this team. I doubt even Pep would do it! :moo:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Win, lose or draw, CH is ALWAYS deferential to the opposition, both pre and post match. He's too much of a gentleman to do otherwise. Just a tragedy that he seems unable to reel in his vile touchline antics during the game itself.

he's gotta be close to a touchline ban surely.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Cutting to the chase, is there any manager that says in a pre-match press conference that we only need to turn up and win and should p**s all over this team. I doubt even Pep would do it! :moo:

Do you think we’ll piss all over them tomorrow? Incredibly tough fixture. Only hope is they underestimate us if not I’m going for a 1-3 reverse.

Arnoutovic/Anderson damage makers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree with a previous post that showing a bit of neutrality, honesty and a little respect for opponents is good psychology.

Nothing galvanises an away team more than derisory comments from the opposing teams players or manager. Don't give them the ammo. Let them come to the Amex thinking they're all that, then hit them.

This.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Hughton said: “It seems to be a bit of a habit where teams come to the Amex having hit good form, which is what West Ham have done but it’s probably no surprise.

Sorry but he can't be making excuses already ? I love the man but this is a bit weak.

.....and factually untrue. Spurs and man u were hardly hitting the heights and Fulham had won once. Southampton in the cup, yep, let's pass on that one as well.

Is he feeling the heat ?

I originally considered we could get three points from this match however the hammers much improved performance last weekend makes for a very difficult match for us and one point at the most

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
West Ham have had a good run since the last international break, after a disastrous first 4 games. But it was probably going to take time for new players there to bed in and for the existing ones to adapt to Pellegrini's methods and style of play. His approach is quite different to David Moyes' or even Slaven Bilic's.

In some ways, it's a match Brighton could have done with playing a month ago. That said, West Ham are often better at sticking pins in the big teams' balloons but are vulnerable when they are perhaps expected to get something out of the game.

The AMEX under lights can be intimdating. Brighton have previous against West Ham and if they can get their noses in front early on, they have a good shot of doing it again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here