Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Indeed and as most Remoaners probably view Farage as the anti-Christ it should perhaps give them pause for thought.

I don't really need to pause for thought. I had no problem with Farage saying before 23 June that he would fight on for another referendum. I found - many people found, leading members of the Leave campaign found - some of the things he did in the campaign deeply obnoxious but I would not expect anyone who really believes in something to throw in the towel. Would you expect them to?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You brought it up though?
It regards COMMERCIAL aircraft 'professor'. It has nothing to do with NATO. Keep laughing to yourself.

MIlitary aircraft have to follow the same rules as civilian ones.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Over a year down the line and nobody is any the wiser as to how this is going to happen. What an unnecessary, monumental, embarrassment.

This from the Grauniad sums it up nicely for me

And normally I like the jokes at PMQs. But, having spent the hour before PMQs listening to Michel Barnier give his press conference about Brexit in a tone that was sombre, rational and deeply serious, it was hard to avoid the conclusion that the House of Commons as a whole is failing to acknowledge quite how perilous this whole Brexit enterprise is. It doesn’t inspire confidence.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I suspected for some reason you'd have a considered, measured and balanced view on this.

I just would have thought that perhaps our chief diplomat would be residing in the country of our mission overseas, particularly as negotiations have variously been described as being of such importance and complexity, plus the fact he managed to slum it in Kiev and Moscow when he was ambassador there before, but I'm sure you're right.

Kiev and Moscow are beautiful cities,and some distance from the UK.Brussels is a military encampment due to their on-going jihadi problem,so commuting from the UK when he needs to makes a lot of sense.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Proof that you really need a name change here.

Come on then,clever clogs.Post the information that says military aircraft can just swan around where they want to without following air traffic control rules.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Kiev and Moscow are beautiful cities,and some distance from the UK.Brussels is a military encampment due to their on-going jihadi problem,so commuting from the UK when he needs to makes a lot of sense.

Do other Ambassadors commute to nearby capital cities where we have diplomatic missions? Dublin, Paris etc? What about The British Ambassador to Belgium, do they commute too?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I don't really need to pause for thought. I had no problem with Farage saying before 23 June that he would fight on for another referendum. I found - many people found, leading members of the Leave campaign found - some of the things he did in the campaign deeply obnoxious but I would not expect anyone who really believes in something to throw in the towel. Would you expect them to?

Found many things Geldof said and did deeply obnoxious,but he seems to have thrown in the towel,if,indeed,he knows what one is.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Come on then,clever clogs.Post the information that says military aircraft can just swan around where they want to without following air traffic control rules.

From NATO page.

5. The 191 Contracting States of the Convention on
International Civil Aviation recognise that every State has
complete and exclusive sovereignty over the airspace above its
territory1
and stipulated that “this Convention shall be applicable
only to civil aircraft, and shall not be applicable to state aircraft”.

They have also agreed on a common definition of state aircraft,
thus: “Aircraft used in military, customs and police services shall
be deemed to be state aircraft”. However, Contracting States
stipulated that “…The contracting States undertake, when
issuing regulations for their state aircraft, that they will have due
regard for the safety of navigation of civil aircraft.”
(Reference (a),
Part 1, Chapter 1, Article 1 and Article 3).

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Found many things Geldof said and did deeply obnoxious,but he seems to have thrown in the towel,if,indeed,he knows what one is.

So there we have it. When a Remain supporter feels it worth battling on he is a moaning, wingeing loser who can't accept (whatever that means) he has lost. When he doesn't he's a towel-throwing surrender monkey.

PS Out of interest, what was it he said/did that you found deeply obnoxious?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So there we have it. When a Remain supporter feels it worth battling on he is a moaning, wingeing loser who can't accept (whatever that means) he has lost. When he doesn't he's a towel-throwing surrender monkey.

PS Out of interest, what was it he said/did that you found deeply obnoxious?

Really ....................

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Let's not worry...we are getting our country back

Party time

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It would be a bit hard to have a Brexit ratification vote if we had voted to remain, we didn't we voted to leave but only just

A bit odd that no one mentioned we would need a second 'Brexit Ratification' referendum if we voted to leave during the campaign. Anyone would think it's a not so cunning wheeze dreamt up by people who can't accept the result.

Ref 1 Do you want to Leave or stay in the EU? Leave

Ref 2 Are you sure?

Ref 3 Are you really sure?

Ref 4 One last chance

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

I wonder what the response of the vast majority of people calling for a second referendum now would have been to Sir Nigels 'another referendum asap' campaign if Remain had won. I'm guessing derision. At the very least he would be condemned for not respecting the democratic will of the people .. rightly so.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
From NATO page.

5. The 191 Contracting States of the Convention on
International Civil Aviation recognise that every State has
complete and exclusive sovereignty over the airspace above its
territory1
and stipulated that “this Convention shall be applicable
only to civil aircraft, and shall not be applicable to state aircraft”.

They have also agreed on a common definition of state aircraft,
thus: “Aircraft used in military, customs and police services shall
be deemed to be state aircraft”. However, Contracting States
stipulated that “…The contracting States undertake, when
issuing regulations for their state aircraft, that they will have due
regard for the safety of navigation of civil aircraft.”
(Reference (a),
Part 1, Chapter 1, Article 1 and Article 3).

Well done!Due regard for the safety of navigation means following instructions from air traffic control,as police helicopters,customs,and military flights always do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here