Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nobody gives us a hope in hell

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
We love Harry the Hornet and do you know why?
He fell over and made Zaha cry!

And we’re singing...clap clap..Wilf Fell over...yes he, clap clap...fell right over..baby he...fell right over and now he’ll cr iiiiiii y

If you all love Harry clap your hands!
If you all love Harry clap your hands,
If you all love Harry
Diving like Wilfy
If you all love Harry clap your hands.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I've got a feeling that something big is going to happen in this game, I've got a feeling we're going to win - I knew we'd draw City, (as we all did, I suspect) and I was like great, bring them on... let's do it. I reckon the players will be feeling this way too... The final is shrouded in mist atop a hill in the land of grey and pink, but this game is clear to me: We will emerge victorious and so it will be as it was written. The universal force that guides all life has aligned itself to us, and thus City are utterly ****ed.

Albion.

I rarely have these feelings but, I do agree on this one.

I’m a pessimist of the highest order but...I don’t know...I’ve got a feeling in my water for the first time in years that we’re going to win this on pens.

No one thrashes us so it’ll be tight. it isn’t likely we’ll win in 90 minutes but...penalties. Yep.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I’m a pessimist of the highest order but...I don’t know...I’ve got a feeling in my water for the first time in years that we’re going to win this on pens.

No one thrashes us so it’ll be tight. it isn’t likely we’ll win in 90 minutes but...penalties. Yep.

I agree. But if we're three down after 20 mins, well; I might have to review my stance. :wink:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've got a feeling that something big is going to happen in this game, I've got a feeling we're going to win - I knew we'd draw City, (as we all did, I suspect) and I was like great, bring them on... let's do it. I reckon the players will be feeling this way too...

The final is shrouded in mist atop a hill in the land of grey and pink, but this game is clear to me: We will emerge victorious and so it will be as it was written.

The universal force that guides all life has aligned itself to us, and thus City are utterly ****ed.

Destiny is all.

Albion.
I'm with you brother!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm with you brother!

I see it like this from our perspective: If the FA cup were a lady (being a straight guy myself), well this would be that night out when you pull WAY out of your league. Obviously you're going to give absolutely everything you've got... everything.

For them; well they're the bloke up in the VIP surrounded by coke addled hotties, so many women not enough time... yawn... how does one get any higher?!? So 'he' pulls one and it's like yeah... whatever.

Therein lies the rub. We're going to way more up for this encounter then they are, if anything this is just another day for City... for us... it's the ONLY day.

We're not going to stop, not now, not until Lewis Dunk holds the trophy aloft and grown men, women and children cry in unison.

This is our year.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Bookies have us as long as 18/1 for a 2 team game. They have a week break before the game we have 3 days, although they may have an eye on their Tuesday game you can’t deny it would be a massive shock if we won

City play Cardiff the same night we play Chelsea... although interesting to see their line-up for that game... but it's still 3 days same as us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
City will think they have this won before they get on the pitch which may well affect the attitude they go into the game with.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
City play Cardiff the same night we play Chelsea... although interesting to see their line-up for that game... but it's still 3 days same as us.

Which is a bummer, we don't want them to slip up against Cardiff do WE?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I see it like this from our perspective: If the FA cup were a lady (being a straight guy myself), well this would be that night out when you pull WAY out of your league. Obviously you're going to give absolutely everything you've got... everything.

For them; well they're the bloke up in the VIP surrounded by coke addled hotties, so many women not enough time... yawn... how does one get any higher?!? So 'he' pulls one and it's like yeah... whatever.

Therein lies the rub. We're going to way more up for this encounter then they are, if anything this is just another day for City... for us... it's the ONLY day.

We're not going to stop, not now, not until Lewis Dunk holds the trophy aloft and grown men, women and children cry in unison.

This is our year.

Steady on. Your rampant optimism is infectious. You’ve got me thinking we’ll only lose by 2.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think this slider on Bet365 for goals in the match says it all from the bookies point of view:

Screenshot 2019-03-25 at 11.54.17.png

Don't agree about winning on penalties. Our record on shootouts is excellent, something like 8 out of the last 9 isn't it?

Theses sort of runs must come to an end.

I still think we are in with a chance - more of a chance than other teams fans give us credit for. Keep it tight, stay in the game for 70 minutes and then go for it. Unlike previously we now have the firepower to win it in the last 15 or 20 minutes, even if we were one down at that stage. We no longer have to rely on a knackered Murray of Locadia who we we all know is crap (isn't he?). Kocky, Solly, Izzy, Ali J and certainly Andone all have the pace and/or skill to cause problems for tiring defenders.

We only need to outplay City for 10 or 15 minutes, not 90 or 120. The longer we play City the more their quality will tell, let's sneak it right at the death in 90 minutes, a la Millwall.

And I hope we don't score too soon, that would only waken an injured beast.

Plus, shirley we are due a win at Wembley, aren't we? Aren't we?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You are all competely ****ng nuts if you think we will get through to the final. ****ing nuts but I love it. Crack on.

We barely got passed Palace and now expecting to beat arguably the best team in Europe. Love it, Bring it on.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You are all competely ****ng nuts if you think we will get through to the final. ****ing nuts but I love it. Crack on.

We barely got passed Palace and now expecting to beat arguably the best team in Europe. Love it, Bring it on.

Barely? Palace couldn't score a goal in open play in either game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here