Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Millwall

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anyone who is suggesting anything other than our strongest possible 11 is insane. Pick the team most likely to take us to the semi-final.
They have had a full week between matches, with a week before that. No match for 2 weeks after. The team/club will be on cloud 9 after Saturday.
**** the internationals, not many of our players will be first 11 for their countries anyway.

Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Propper
Stephens
Kayal

AK
Murray
AJ

Subs: Button, Bruno, Burn, Sanders, March, Izzy, Locadia.

If you want to field the strongest XI that would include March or Iziquierdo instead of Kayal surely.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Is there any news on Andone at all? Hoping it is nothing too serious as he was warming up fine, hoping it was a minor tweak

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We would easily be a top 2 Championship team, they won’t often come up against the likes of Propper, Knocky, Ali J, Izzy, March etc. In the Championship and not in the same squad. Murray would still be a top, top striker at that level too. Take our game to them, shut the crowd up early.
I think the team Saturday (I know no Yves) was very well balanced, it needs to continue to be allowed to develop not hacked about at the potential expense of a semi-final just to keep fringe players happy.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Anyone who is suggesting anything other than our strongest possible 11 is insane.

CH will not put out his strongest team or risk certain players but he will pick a team capable of winning, as previous rounds of the FAC have shown!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
More or less the same as last week except Kayal for Bissouma, and Andone for Murray if he’s fit to play. CH will start Burn and give either of Dunk or Duffy a rest I suspect......and perm any two from four with the wingers.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I think it will be basically our strongest team except for Ryan, Murray and the fullbacks. Murray will be on the bench and brought on if we go behind or aren't ahead after 60 minutes.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
We would easily be a top 2 Championship team, they won’t often come up against the likes of Propper, Knocky, Ali J, Izzy, March etc. In the Championship and not in the same squad. Murray would still be a top, top striker at that level too. Take our game to them, shut the crowd up early.
I think the team Saturday (I know no Yves) was very well balanced, it needs to continue to be allowed to develop not hacked about at the potential expense of a semi-final just to keep fringe players happy.

Eh? Top two Championship team? We were that when we got promoted. We’re in the top flight now, mate.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Millwall were at Bolton last Saturday & were the worst team we've seen this season. They play an inept version of hoofball to a poor target man ( their fans are turning against them as well ) so as long as you play 2 physically strong, good in the air centre halfs, it really should be an easy win for Brighton........even Bolton beat them !!
And yet those same Millwall donkeys scored 3 goals and beat Everton about 6 weeks ago...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No reason not to go full strength, this is our best shot at an FA Cup semi-final for over 30 years, plus there's an international break coming up immediately afterwards.

Ryan

Montoya
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo

Bissouma
Stephens
Propper

Knockaert
Andone
March

Only possible changes I'd consider are AJ / Izquierdo for March, Gross for Bissouma and Bong for Bernardo.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If I'm Chris Hughton, in the later years of my managerial career, I'll say all the right things about the league being important, and then bloody go for it in the cup.

Bruno / Button I think will start, but otherwise its a strong team. Its actually hard for us to be anything but strong in our front three; and I expect to see Dunk and Duffy together, just like they were at same stage last year.

For the record, 2018 QF v Man Utd: Krul, Schelotto, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner, Kayal, Propper, Gross, Locadia, Ulloa, March. Subs: Maenpaa, Bruno, Goldson, Sanders, Izquierdo, Baldock, Murray.

were Stephens and Knockaert injured / banned?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bernardo and Stephens are both up for the press conference on Friday. You'd assume that means they're both likely to start.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
————————-Button————————-
Bruno———Duffy————Burn———Bong
————————Stephens———————-
—————-Kayal————Molumby————
March—————————————Izquierdo
————————Locadia————————-

Subs
Steele
Balogun