Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You've had the positives for leaving posted endlessly in this thread - you don't believe them, that's your choice. We're leaving - it's just a question of how.

I wouldn't say it's a case of not believing them, it's more a case of not believing they are positives.

So other than blue passports and turning The UK into a divided, moribund, international embarrassment of a country and a world class political and diplomatic joke, what other positives are there?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Bushy was a far, far better poster than this clown Baker Lite. Bushy would have had him for breakfast. He was a worthy adversary. There's not many like him anymore. Sure, the board is full of the JCL's like SlymJym , Baker Lite . Wrong Direction. Mere children.

It's Ppf for sure.

If there was a market on it, I'd hedge my bets with a couple of quid each-way on everyone's favourite flying spaghetti monster too though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wouldn't say it's a case of not believing them, it's more a case of not believing they are positives.

So other than blue passports and turning The UK into a divided, moribund, international embarrassment of a country and a world class political and diplomatic joke, what other positives are there?

To quote [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION], use the search function - they've been posted time and time again. I'm sure you can find them in the other 76422 posts on this thread if you care to put the effort in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I think we identified food shortages lessening the obesity problem on the NHS.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No, more that we're just letting remainers reply to each other in their own echo chamber. You've had the positives for leaving posted endlessly in this thread - you don't believe them, that's your choice. We're leaving - it's just a question of how.

You would think after the referendum result the #teamEU crew would have learnt that living inside an echo chamber while ignoring or patronising or abusing anyone with a different world view might not be the best idea ....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
To quote [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION], use the search function - they've been posted time and time again. I'm sure you can find them in the other 76422 posts on this thread if you care to put the effort in.

No positives other than blue passports and faded hot air - take back control of our money, laws, borders, free trade deals, German car manufacturers, we hold all the aces, technological solutions, we won, you lost, get over it remoaner, tally ho, what what what, etc

A good example would be how 'invisible' borders became 'friction-less borders', became 'friction-less as possible borders', became Operation Brock and rip up The Good Friday Agreement.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Regarding article 50, as I understand it we can unilaterally revoke it but can we, at a later date, invoke it again ?

The ECJ ruling was that we can unilaterally revoke it but only if the UK didn't then re-invoke it immediately afterwards, else the revocation would be void.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You've had the positives for leaving posted endlessly in this thread - you don't believe them, that's your choice. We're leaving - it's just a question of how.

Remind me then. Because so far all the "positives" I've seen cited are actually hokey.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Westdene knows we’re on our way,it’s the miserable doomsday Doris brigade that need reminding.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, and there was me hoping that you’d reached a level of maturity where you could leave your puerile little comment behind,

Still, if you want to be seen as a poundshop impression of Das Reich, you crack on.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I thought that article 50 is now enshrined in law and so has to given the nod from Her majesty if it were to reneged upon.If that’s not the case do you really think Parliament would renege it? Would see an awful lot of folk lose faith in our elected representatives.

Ah, this old chestnut again.

Do you really think Parliament admitting that something was too difficult and deciding not to do it would have a worse outcome than Parliament saying "we're not capable of doing this properly but we'll go through with this extreme version which puts the economy and lives at risk"? I don't. People expect as a basic function of Government that they will, when the shit hits the fan, do the right thing and protect the citizens of the country. All of them. Actively pushing for a No Deal Brexit is patently not doing that.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Ah, this old chestnut again.

Do you really think Parliament admitting that something was too difficult and deciding not to do it would have a worse outcome than Parliament saying "we're not capable of doing this properly but we'll go through with this extreme version which puts the economy and lives at risk"? I don't. People expect as a basic function of Government that they will, when the shit hits the fan, do the right thing and protect the citizens of the country. All of them. Actively pushing for a No Deal Brexit is patently not doing that.

You seem very angry today.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If there was a market on it, I'd hedge my bets with a couple of quid each-way on everyone's favourite flying spaghetti monster too though.

It's clearly a Brexiteer that's been banned from this thread. It's the only subject Baker lite has ever posted on. And all this nonsense about not being able to see he has a join date. He's rumbled.
Interestingly, apart from my short ban from here it's only Leavers that have been banned form this thread for abuse, despite them claiming they are the ones receiving the abuse. Couldn't be more lies, could it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here