Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Interesting that the narrative here has entirely moved on from 'Is Brexit a complete disaster for the UK?', to 'who is to blame for Brexit being a complete disaster for the UK?'.

I read an article yesterday that detailed how in yougov polling, "Is leaving the EU a bad idea?" has returned a Yes answer for the last 18 straight months, with the latest poll returning the highest majority yet (9 points).

We all know 'the people' no longer want to leave, by a bigger majority than they ever voted otherwise. The politicians know it. The media know it. It is all just a ridiculous, hellish charade.

Seriously, what the actual ****?

And there was me thinking YouGov were an impartial polling company.In 5 years of being a panellist,I have never been asked "Is leaving the EU a bad idea".Funny that.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think Laura has hit the nail on the head absolutely dead centre:

cynical.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How many buzz words can we get in one sentence..:rolleyes:

IMHO we need to run it up the flag pole and see who salutes it. It'll at least give us a ball-park figure, from there we can touch base and take it offline to see what ideas we can come up with.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I would think as we have provided EU nationals here with settled status, then the reciprocal agreement should already be in place?

To be fair to the Government (UK) they offered this almost two years ago. Sadly the French Government will only legally agree to this once all is settled and there is a reciprocal arrangement. Unfortunately, should we leave with 'No deal' then these arrangements will be null and void.

To have an appointment here ( it is a little slow here...lol) to sort Residency etc etc is booked up until November. Other departments are making no further appointments for the for-seeable future.

Should we 'Leave' with a deal....then the fun and squabbling between the UK and Europe will begin. If people thought the last two years of negotiations were long-winded, it will be nothing compared to sorting Trade Agreements, Fishing Rights, Gibraltar etc.

Challenging times for all I'm afraid.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You bought him into it. Anyway, it's a nice sunny day and I'm gonna head out and get a spot of brunch. Theres a lovley cafe with a secluded outdoor dining area near me where they do a pitta filled with grilled haloumi, grilled peppers and veg, tatsiki, olives and coleslaw. Stick a nice blood orange San Pelegrino in a glass with ice and bingo! Have a nice day.

I did indeed,after you mentioned that your grandfather would have referred to Me as a “sore winner “but as long as you’re pleased with yourself.Enjoy your brunch,sounds good.

On our way.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
IMHO we need to run it up the flag pole and see who salutes it. It'll at least give us a ball-park figure, from there we can touch base and take it offline to see what ideas we can come up with.

Indeed, with the implementation of best practices and thinking outside the box we may be able to avoid this logistical nightmare. :rolleyes:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And there was me thinking YouGov were an impartial polling company.In 5 years of being a panellist,I have never been asked "Is leaving the EU a bad idea".Funny that.

There's a slight bias in all polling organisations: YouGov tends to favour the Tories. It was set up by two Tory activists (one of whom is now an MP). The current CEO is founder Stephan Shakespeare and the chairman is Saatchi alumnus Roger Parry, who wrote the Tory party report on the future of local media. I'll always knock a percentage point off YG's Conservative polling figures.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You probably think it's only remainers who find you depressingly banal, but I suspect there are leavers who do too but dare not say it.
I think his posts are a reflection on this thread. He wouldn't be making his posts were it not for the repetitive insults from many of the remainers here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am a 'remainer' and the constant rubbish posted on here is so disappointing.

I now live in France...( and have done so for a few years now ). I'm retired and whatever is decided over the next few weeks is incredibly important to me....and a few million others living in Europe. People like me will have to accept what Parliament/Government decides over the next few weeks and get on with the total disruption to our lives that it could bring. I can do that.

What is so deeply offensive on this thread is the pathetic comments made by regular posters on both sides of this national divide.

This forum has many posters....with many different views....and much 'informed' knowledge.

This thread has failed NSC,s usual high standards.

I am sad about that.
That's how I feel about this thread. I did consider starting a Brexit thread where insults / winding up etc was not allowed, but I assumed I'd have been wasting my time.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Delay means delay, A50 postponed beyond EP election. All is well, Nigel will still have a job...:moo:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think his posts are a reflection on this thread. He wouldn't be making his posts were it not for the repetitive insults from many of the remainers here.

Pfft
Typical Brexiter, blaming anyone but themselves. We all decide how we choose to react. That’s down to every individual.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He wouldn't be posting if he wasn't banned as PPF.

Regards,

BV

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and now it's moved on to calling grandparents names.
Just when you think they've run out, they find even more embarrassing ways to undermine this thread.

Thankfully it's not representative of the Brexit debate at large...

...oh.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
vote for the deal, if rejected vote on no deal, if rejected vote on extension.

why not do this tomorrow, what exactly is suppose to happen in next two weeks to change anything?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ok so I'll backtrack from almost equally to blame, as obviously the Labour Party is in no why responsible for starting the madness beginning as a Public School squabble.

But unlike many here I do firmly believe that one way or the other the country wouldn't be where it is now, 750 hours from 'no deal' with almost hourly revelation of stuff we've forgotten to pack, if the Labour Party wasn't trying (and failing) to stop fighting among themselves.

SB,do you really think that the Tories who have been in charge of this shambles since it’s ill conceived conception would have allowed any kind of meaningful input from Labour? I think May and her merry bunch of incompetents, wanted to have complete ownership of this, because they completely underestimated how impossible this task was.
The real blame for this must lie with the cowardly right wing of the Tories who dropped us in it with no plan, and then ran away.
Oh, and the lickspittle Cameron.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here