Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Qatar and world cup 2022.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Then there was the story that came out this week of the British national from Wolverhampton who travelled to the UAE, and went to the Qatar vs Iraq in the Asia Cup wearing a Qatar national football shirt. He was arrested, detained and beaten, because "showing sympathy for Qatar on social media or by any other means of communication is punishable by a large fine and imprisonment" (I'd assume the Qatar football team is given special dispensation"

Anyone contemplating actually going to a World Cup in that backward region wants their rocks felt.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Widening participation, my actual arse.

If you go, have a drink. All of you. Start a riot. Let the place burn.

And, ladies.....on second thoughts perhaps not. No amount of factor 50 etc etc.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Middle East is more like the Middle Ages.

Apart from Israel of course.

I wonder what Corbyn's view on all this is. Sadly, as with his view on many things, we shall never know.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Then there was the story that came out this week of the British national from Wolverhampton who travelled to the UAE, and went to the Qatar vs Iraq in the Asia Cup wearing a Qatar national football shirt. He was arrested, detained and beaten, because "showing sympathy for Qatar on social media or by any other means of communication is punishable by a large fine and imprisonment" (I'd assume the Qatar football team is given special dispensation"

Anyone contemplating actually going to a World Cup in that backward region wants their rocks felt.

But then there was a fair few stories of the problems which would arise in Russia and they never materialised. They will relax everything for a month or two whilst the world watches ...... then go back to the dark ages

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But then there was a fair few stories of the problems which would arise in Russia and they never materialised. They will relax everything for a month or two whilst the world watches ...... then go back to the dark ages

Possibly, but I wouldn't want to chance it.

Pat of the attraction is surely exploring new cities where the venues are. Doha is just a dustbowl, with ALL the World Cup stadiums within about 35 miles of each other. And the only place you'll be able to get a drink is in your hotel, or in the fanzones.

Sounds fun. Not,

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
All the stadia being built will go to waste after this back handed arranged WC Finals.
They'll be more befitting for a Bros revival concert, than showcasing the beautiful game.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
_104438629_lusailstadium.jpg

Not many boozers there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How on earth did you manage to go off on that tangent on a thread about the world cup in Qatar.

The world cup in Qatar.

If anything deserved to be gone from, on a tangent, rhombus, equilateral triangle, or the number 1 to Whitehawk, it is that.

McGhee OUT!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Qatar hosting the 2022 World Cup :annoyed:

As with everything FIFA had a hand in a few years ago, this decision was as bent as a two bob note and ultimately should be treated with the utmost distain from football fans everywhere.

JUST SAY NO :nono:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Then there was the story that came out this week of the British national from Wolverhampton who travelled to the UAE, and went to the Qatar vs Iraq in the Asia Cup wearing a Qatar national football shirt. He was arrested, detained and beaten
That is an outrageous accusation. Police took him to hospital where a doctor who examined him, concluded that his injuries were inconsistent with his account of events and appeared to be self-inflicted.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The video doing the rounds of the celebrations in support of Qatar winning the Asia cup with fans beheading camels is not what Fifa are wanting to hear about i suspect.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
How this c..t didn't win an oscar for acting surprised is a disgrace:
[yt]Sk7_7ij9HkU[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here