Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have YOU besmirched the good name of the club in any way?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton & Hove Albion are reminding fans to continue to follow and represent the club with pride and passion when supporting the team at home and away, ahead of Saturday's match against Preston North End at the Amex.

<some stuff>

‘Seagulls Priority members and match-ticket purchasers must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the club and not to diminish or besmirch the good name of the club in any way or through any means.

'This includes, but is not restricted to, conduct at any Brighton & Hove Albion fixture, including the first-team, under-23s, women's and academy teams; all club events; while travelling to and from any match or event; and conduct on social media.

'The club also does not tolerate foul and/or abusive behaviour towards staff, either in person or via any form of communication with club staff, including telephone, email and social media. Anybody in breach of these rules can expect a lengthy ban, potentially life long, depending on the severity of the breach.'

Source >>> http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-3359184.aspx

I'm as clean as a whistle. Honest, guv. How about you?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton & Hove Albion are reminding fans to continue to follow and represent the club with pride and passion when supporting the team at home and away, ahead of Saturday's match against Preston North End at the Amex.

<some stuff>

‘Seagulls Priority members and match-ticket purchasers must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the club and not to diminish or besmirch the good name of the club in any way or through any means.

'This includes, but is not restricted to, conduct at any Brighton & Hove Albion fixture, including the first-team, under-23s, women's and academy teams; all club events; while travelling to and from any match or event; and conduct on social media.

'The club also does not tolerate foul and/or abusive behaviour towards staff, either in person or via any form of communication with club staff, including telephone, email and social media. Anybody in breach of these rules can expect a lengthy ban, potentially life long, depending on the severity of the breach.'

Source >>> http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-3359184.aspx

What a load of PC bollocks.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Not me personally, but when I read that, the first thing I thought of was the free shirt thread and the thought of club staff getting virbally abused for providing a poor customer service

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I once was co-editor of a popular Albion fanzine that published an article that questioned the quality of a replica shirts being sold (in comparison to the early examples shown to the press), and after a home game (it may even have been the 1st game at Withdean!) Nick Rowe confronted me and others, I think including [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] outside the Prince Albert pub in Brighton, accusing us of besmirching the good name of the club

I wouldn't have minded, but I didn't write the article, eh [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Am I the only one uncomfortable with this and the 1984-style Big Brother wording? The doublespeak of the title wording that Barber uses - for it his surely his text - is particularly troubling.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What an odd statement to issue.

They've obviously got something on their mind, wonder what prompted the lawyers to get them to issue that ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I once was co-editor of a popular Albion fanzine that published an article that questioned the quality of a replica shirts being sold (in comparison to the early examples shown to the press), and after a home game (it may even have been the 1st game at Withdean!) Nick Rowe confronted me and others, I think including [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] outside the Prince Albert pub in Brighton, accusing us of besmirching the good name of the club

I wouldn't have minded, but I didn't write the article, eh [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?

Ahem...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I wouldn't be too concerned what a Leeds fan thought

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 7, 2003
The <some stuff> is what it's all about, so entirely reasonable. Aimed at the knuckle draggers who, unfortunately, are present at every club. Having said that the literal meaning of besmirch is to make something dirty or discoloured, so I might have been guilty having left a skid mark in the South Stand bogs at the Goldstone in 1991.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I started this besmerching thread back in March 2016. Apparently then they were worried that the 7,000 fans were going to besmarch the clubs name in Milton Keynes. I don't believe anyone did. Looks like they are fond of copy and paste.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...d-besmirch-the-name-of-our-fine-football-club

I guess I could understand the message for MK away but why now ahead of Preston at home? Do they have a massive element of trouble makers? Has Darren Balkham "heard" something from one of his SOURCES?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I once dropped my Albion mug at work, smashed into pieces.
With me resulting in swearing at the disaster, by saying 'cheap crap'
Punishment was taking myself outside and giving one a good talking to :)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
[MENTION=1022]Wilko[/MENTION] [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] and I left this on a car in the middle of Copenhagen. Does this count?

20hnkgh.jpg

I seem to recall that Muhammed 'im hard' Bruce Lee has etched similar on the Little Mermaid, also in the same city - if I've got that right then he wins.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What an odd statement to issue.

They've obviously got something on their mind, wonder what prompted the lawyers to get them to issue that ?

The 'some stuff' is what it's all about, so entirely reasonable. Aimed at the knuckle draggers who, unfortunately, are present at every club. Having said that the literal meaning of besmirch is to make something dirty or discoloured, so I might have been guilty having left a skid mark in the South Stand bogs at the Goldstone in 1991.

Ah, I see - the "some stuff" explains it. I assumed that was an ad in the middle of the text.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I've been thrown out at the end of two Amex matches - Millwall & Norwich(disco) :ohmy:

This was entirely due to [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] and his crew :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here