Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Your persistence is noted but unless someone reads and explains the previous posts to you, there is no point in you repeating your questions. Don't you have a literate friend?
so you can't give me an answer no problem it's all self explanatory
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Clearly you need things spelled out for you. You are agreeing that soldiers who fought fascism in WW2 are to be admired and appreciated for their bravery while you call yourself after a Nazi division that committed atrocities against those soldiers in WW2.
You are a disgusting excuse for a human.

Ditto
regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's a landmark day today for The NSC Brexit Thread, as we'll break the 100,000 post mark shortly. As of a little while ago this was the league table for posters on the thread with 1000+ posts on it.

Pretty pink fairy - Posts 3,553
Two Professors - Posts 3,446
The Clamp - Posts 3,445
pastafarian - Posts 3,360
Herr Tubthumper - Posts 3,351
JC Footy Genius - Posts 3,329
ManOfSussex - Posts 3,327
Baldseagull - Posts 3,212
Thunder Bolt - Posts 2,782
WATFORD zero - Posts 2,776
nicko31 - Posts 2,660
Lincoln Imp - Posts 2,376
Westdene Seagull - Posts 2,221
beorhthelm - Posts 1,638
GT49er - Posts 1,574
Plooks - Posts 1,526
Soulman - Posts 1,486
portslade seagull - Posts 1,343
bashlsdir - Posts 1,239
Hampster Gull - Posts 1,219
Garry Nelson's teacher - Posts 1,139
The Rivet - Posts 1,070
Blue Valkyrie - Posts 1,038

10,000 pages and we still haven't a clue where Brexit is going...

What ever happened to soulman?

How many of PPF's posts were created by a bot?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I agree with you that it is not that smart a move, although as said the Lib Dems winning a majority is hugely unlikely.

But I think it is interesting to note how those who are most angry at the thought of the Leave vote being ignored were the ones who didn't so much as raise an eyebrow when the entire Remain vote was being ignored.

Because they think it is about “winning”, rather than sensible, grown up democracy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or, more simply, Leavers voting to leave the EU in the referendum wish to leave the EU. As it says on the tin.

*Sigh*. For the four-thousandth time, the fairest course of action is a soft Brexit. That respects the result of the referendum most fairly. The reason you have people trying to stop Brexit is that any talk of a soft Brexit was clearly a lie and now the hard right are trying to force an insanely Hard Brexit.

Fine with a soft Brexit - it’s the fairest way and if I was a brexiteer I would be getting full steam behind it, as it’s the best chance of Brexit actually happening. Keep trying to force through a ludicrous version that was never even being considered at the time of the vote, and it risks Brexit falling apart entirely.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
WTF???

That is absolutely mental. He was making the point that the UK government haven't bothered to look at the border issue (again) and pleading that the EU shouldn't be blamed for that. I think we can all see who the pathetic one is here. You disappoint me - you seem a highly intelligent and decent fella from what I've read on here, but when it comes to the Tory party, you clearly have a massive blind spot. Johnson is undoubtedly one of, if not the worst PMs of all time, but you seem to make excuses for him at every turn.

Hi Simster, I am a decent fella but I'm not sure about the highly intelligent bit. I pass muster, I suppose!
The point I was trying to make, badly it seems, is that I thought it was 'unhelpful grandstanding' by PM Bettel. This was also the view expressed by the expelled Nicholas Soames, no fan of B.J.
Anyway, I no more think Johnson is a suitable PM for this country, than you do!
As for the Tories, I don't have a blind spot, but I have to admit that my fear of a Corbyn led Government, truly gives me the shits and maybe this is sometimes reflected in my posts!
Lovely day down here on the Sussex coast, hope it is the same in lovely old Reigate!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Or, more simply, Leavers voting to leave the EU in the referendum wish to leave the EU. As it says on the tin.

Put another way, if it isn’t simply about “winning”, why do you think 16million plus voters should be totally ignored?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But it obviously isn't that simple is it? If it was, it could have been done two weeks after the vote. Why do you leavers never question the lies from people on your own side? Gove was quite explicit that we'd stay inside the customs union if we left the EU, so why did May put up all those red lines (including being out of the customs union) in the first place?

Staying inside a customs union would have respected the vote, it would have been in line with what senior leave campainers actually stated in the first place, and would have been more democratically aligned with the referendum result.

I'm a remainer, and I'd have accepted this, and I think most of us would have. What I won't accept is what is being attempted by the lunatic right wing fringe that have taken hold of the Conservative party.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Many of the more thoughtful Leave voters, on seeing the evidence of how Leaving the EU would affect the UK, have changed their minds and would now prefer to remain.

It surprises me that there are still so many who think as you do - that we should leave, whatever the cost, because a vote was taken over three years ago - despite the obvious fact that this would be so catastrophic for the UK.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
10,000 pages and we still haven't a clue where Brexit is going...

What ever happened to soulman?

How many of PPF's posts were created by a bot?

I really cannot understand why so many Leave enthusiasts have posted that prolifically. The disputed 2016 referendum was 'won' by the Leave lobby and it is surely up to the 'losing' side to discuss what, if anything can be done about it......

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Put another way, if it isn’t simply about “winning”, why do you think 16million plus voters should be totally ignored?

They shouldn't. So, taking account the result of the referendum, how do you satisfy both sides? 52% in / 48% out?

100000.gif

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
They shouldn't. So, taking account the result of the referendum, how do you satisfy both sides? 52% in/ 48% out?

Congratulations - you are the 100,000th post on The NSC Brexit Thread poster. You should add a signature to your posts going forward to reflect this momentous achievement.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They shouldn't. So, taking account the result of the referendum, how do you satisfy both sides? 52% in / 48% out?

View attachment 115362

As I just responded. With a soft (EEA-EFTA) Brexit. Fairest compromise. Still respects the result of the referendum, and acknowledge the large part of the country that continues to want close cooperation with the EU. Pretty simple really.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They shouldn't. So, taking account the result of the referendum, how do you satisfy both sides? 52% in/ 48% out?

As has been stated countless times, you reach a compromise. Whether that's staying in the CU/SM or EEA/EFTA but it's the obvious approach. Opting for hard brexit (and ignoring the view of half the voters) is divisive and revoking A50 is even more divisive.

The only other way to heal the split is another referendum. So, a compromise or a referendum, I can't really see another alternative.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The hysteria seems to be that people think it will mean conscription, because some countries still have national service. The irony being that national service in the UK seems to be a thing of choice for many Tories.

This sounds like one of those cognitive dissonance tests for Tories, the EU want to impose National Service.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wow.

100,000 posts and we have LESS idea than 3 years ago as to what’s going to happen next. And there are STILL people clinging on to the belief that this is a good idea.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hi Simster, I am a decent fella but I'm not sure about the highly intelligent bit. I pass muster, I suppose!
The point I was trying to make, badly it seems, is that I thought it was 'unhelpful grandstanding' by PM Bettel. This was also the view expressed by the expelled Nicholas Soames, no fan of B.J.
Anyway, I no more think Johnson is a suitable PM for this country, than you do!
As for the Tories, I don't have a blind spot, but I have to admit that my fear of a Corbyn led Government, truly gives me the shits and maybe this is sometimes reflected in my posts!
Lovely day down here on the Sussex coast, hope it is the same in lovely old Reigate!
I will admit that I did think the Luxembourg PM was opening himself up to those accusations, but equally you have to say that the EU by extension is simply doing what it can to distance itself from blame in these Brexit shambles.

Let's not forget the pre-amble here. Johnson spent his time undermining May - easily done, as her deal was truly dreadful. And that isn't a surprise considering the incompetent, clueless team she put together to do the negotiating (including Johnson and Gove, currently in office) - plus in true weedy fashion, she allowed herself to be bullied by right wing extremists in her party, such that the red lines imposed by the ERG made the job near impossible.

So May resigned, and this bullying mess has jumped in promising something he can't deliver. He tried of course, by trying to shut down democracy. That was his big plan - renegotiation was always impossible given the UK's absurd self-imposed red lines, so he was going to undemocratically force through no deal. Now all he is doing is going through the motions - turning up in various European capitals with absolutely no new ideas, and flouncing rather than standing up and speaking at long-organised pressers.

What a terrible prime minister he is. Where May was a drip, he is a bully - and even less competent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here