Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Monarch were one of our customers and we took a hit when they went

Yes, being in the Sec75 dept, we took a substantial hit in relation to Low Cost due to the hotels and transfers in relation consq losses i.e re-booking the same hotels/transfers at increased prices.

Not so much with Monarch, although we paid out a fortune in overtime wages.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Here's a handy reminder of what the government promised in their remain propaganda leaflet....

screen-shot-2017-11-20-at-23-09-31.png

.... obviously, if Remain had won you would be fine if they reneged on that promise and said we were leaving .. after all the referendum was only advisory.

Sadly, we've had two different governments since Cameron promised that and then fµcked off, leaving us all in the soup.

D

Deleted member 2719

Says the man citing Piers Morgan and The Express. Should I be reading the Sunday Sport too to get their take on it, maybe consult the Village Idiot to get "all sides"?

Look - shock, horror. Leader of the Liberal Democrats endorses Remain policy. If you disagree with Remain don't vote for her, but if you want to Remain then consider it.

As for the "power crazy lying possessed woman" I don't see that she's doing anything else than being completely honest about the Lib Dem position. To my ears your comments sounds quasi-sexist, like you think she should be burnt as a witch.

She and the Lib un-democrats party are failing the majority of the country.

I am just giving a balanced view, as Boris haters have been saying he is a power-crazy man, what wrong with someone pointing out Swinson is at it like Corbyn, they are all lying possessed people?

Typical of today's society to throw some sort of tag at someone for stating a simple fact just because I mentioned she is a woman.

She could be a Witch though as she has cast a spell on those that can not see through her tripling of education fees lies.

Go on Pavilionaire watch the video just to test out whether she's already cast her spell on you.:drama:

https://youtu.be/uD7oWrpKwYA

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Did that document give any guidance if one or both sides were judged to have breached electoral rules?

No, I don't think it did but if it had been a binding, rather than an advisory referendum, it would have had to have been taken again after all the half-truths, downright lies and fraud. By law.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

What are you? Some sort of comedian?

The current population of the United Kingdom is 66,985,289 as of Saturday, July 27, 2019, based on the latest United Nations estimates.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I am just giving a balanced view, as Boris haters have been saying he is a power-crazy man, what wrong with someone pointing out Swinson is at it like Corbyn, they are all lying possessed people?

Typical of today's society to throw some sort of tag at someone for stating a simple fact just because I mentioned she is a woman.

She could be a Witch though as she has cast a spell on those that can not see through her tripling of education fees lies.

Go on Pavilionaire watch the video just to test out whether she's already cast her spell on you.:drama:

Piers Morgan has been saying for the last 3 years that we have to Brexit because of the result of the 2016 Referendum because it was a democratic majority. Ergo, he is never going to agree with Jo Swinson's policy. The question is whether you are obliged to respect the outcome if the winning side demonstrably span a misleading campaign based on falsehoods, and if it looks like leading to a No Deal and economic chaos.

I think it would be pure and utter madness to crash out of the EU with No Deal simply to deliver on the wafer thin majority of a half-arsed shambles of a Referendum. Millions of other people feel the same way which is why the Lib Dem's policy makes sense.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If the Libs get in it won’t be that Government.

I’m very much on the fence on the position, but if you are confident the country hasn’t change its mind why are you worried?

The point was the Remain-supporting government holding the referendum was promising to enact the result, we all expected this to happen at the time.

We have a democratic timeline which consists of an overwhelming majority in parliament voting to give the people a say in a referendum including both Tory and Labour parties, the government of the day promising to enact the result, a majority - 17.4 million voted to leave, parliament overwhelmingly voting to trigger article 50, a general election where both main parties set out manifesto promises about enacting the result, they received over 80% vote share .... how many more democratic votes would you like before it's ok to leave?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Jan 30, 2008
Swinson just proved what a liar she is, she is happy to slag off everyone else but she didn't like It when Piers wound into at breakfast this morning.

The lib undemocratic sound so much better as better party name, who is voting for this power crazy lying possessed woman???

The woman is out of her depth watch this:

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/t...te-Lib-Dem-Good-Morning-Britain-ITV-video/amp
Deluded doesn't even cover it Mouldy, how anyone can attach themselves to this shower of shit is beyond me, no wonder chucky and Ghyma sloped off to them, two peas in a pod for undemocratic loons
regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Piers Morgan has been saying for the last 3 years that we have to Brexit because of the result of the 2016 Referendum because it was a democratic majority. Ergo, he is never going to agree with Jo Swinson's policy. The question is whether you are obliged to respect the outcome if the winning side demonstrably span a misleading campaign based on falsehoods, and if it looks like leading to a No Deal and economic chaos.

I think it would be pure and utter madness to crash out of the EU with No Deal simply to deliver on the wafer thin majority of a half-arsed shambles of a Referendum. Millions of other people feel the same way which is why the Lib Dem's policy makes sense.
so you agree with the DELUDED Swinson??, she looks the complete Rabbit caught in the headlights
regards
DK

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Certainly, two-faced and definitely undemocratic. Once called for an in-out EU referendum in parliament, criticises Cameron for doing just that,...

... calls for a second referendum then says she wouldn't accept the result if we voted leave again.

Extremist undemocratic zealots.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Biggest export market in Europe of German cars are the British. Can they just turn their noses up at us?

People who want a BMW, Audi, Porsche or Merc already pay a premium for the Marque, they will just have more cachet if there is a tariff on them. But some senior Tory are suggesting we will zero rate everything, so could be no problem for them anyway.

D

Deleted member 2719

What are you? Some sort of comedian?

The current population of the United Kingdom is 66,985,289 as of Saturday, July 27, 2019, based on the latest United Nations estimates.

But Piers also voted remain, so he is being true to himself and being democratic.

The issue here is some people are scared, perhaps they have forgotten about their fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers who were probably a bit scared too, but I tell you what not one of them would have been scared about Brexit.

They were survivors, we have gone soft and need to toughen up and adapt and look at the bigger picture and future.
So many are just scared about the here and now as they sit watching sky sport, Netflicks and twitting everyone rather than engaging face to face.
Disruption is a good thing in life without a bit of disruption we would melt, we will become more efficient in the future and more together as a nation, but remainers have to let go and accept that we do not need the EU to hold our hand while crossing the road as we are big boys, girls and non binaries now, in fact, the 5th strongest economy in the world.

Jan 30, 2008
oh shut up with your leaver lies. We all knew it was advisory. If you did not, well, you are showing yourself up as being thick as shit.
Also, the government that quote is refering to no longer exists so why are you still banging on about it? New government, new times. We are staying, get over it.

the gift that keeps on giving :timmy:
regards
DO

Jan 30, 2008
But Piers also voted remain, so he is being true to himself and being democratic.

The issue here is some people are scared, perhaps they have forgotten about their fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers who were probably a bit scared too, but I tell you what not one of them would have been scared about Brexit.

They were survivors, we have gone soft and need to toughen up and adapt and look at the bigger picture and future.
So many are just scared about the here and now as they sit watching sky sport, Netflicks and twitting everyone rather than engaging face to face.
Disruption is a good thing in life without a bit of disruption we would melt, we will become more efficient in the future and more together as a nation, but remainers have to let go and accept that we do not need the EU to hold our hand while crossing the road as we are big boys, girls and non binaries now, in fact, the 5th strongest economy in the world.
THIS !!!!
regards
DG

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The point was the Remain-supporting government holding the referendum was promising to enact the result, we all expected this to happen at the time.

We have a democratic timeline which consists of an overwhelming majority in parliament voting to give the people a say in a referendum including both Tory and Labour parties, the government of the day promising to enact the result, a majority - 17.4 million voted to leave, parliament overwhelmingly voting to trigger article 50, a general election where both main parties set out manifesto promises about enacting the result, they received over 80% vote share .... how many more democratic votes would you like before it's ok to leave?

The point is a subsequent democratic vote trumps. Let’s face it the last three and a half years have been a shambles and anyone who engages knows far more, which may or mayor mean more leavers and may or may not mean more remainders. But there is no way the Liberals will be elected as the Government so it’s all a bit of a dull debate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here