Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Here's a handy reminder of what the government promised in their remain propaganda leaflet....

screen-shot-2017-11-20-at-23-09-31.png

.... obviously, if Remain had won you would be fine if they reneged on that promise and said we were leaving .. after all the referendum was only advisory.

Jacob Rees-Mogg and Farage both said a second referendum would be required if it was only 52% Remain.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Here's a handy reminder of what the government promised in their remain propaganda leaflet....

screen-shot-2017-11-20-at-23-09-31.png

.... obviously, if Remain had won you would be fine if they reneged on that promise and said we were leaving .. after all the referendum was only advisory.

If the Libs get in it won’t be that Government.

I’m very much on the fence on the position, but if you are confident the country hasn’t change its mind why are you worried?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Im gutted. I wanted to hear more about the EU's backstop proposal that they are forcing on the UK

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Undemocratic loons bleating on about the referendum being advisory only after they lose it ... desperate as ever.

I knew it was advisory in 2015 when the Referendum Act was passed in Parliament. It's called keeping up with current affairs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If the Libs get in it won’t be that Government.

I’m very much on the fence on the position, but if you are confident the country hasn’t change its mind why are you worried?

Have you noticed how the language has changed? A year ago, leavers kept going on about a once in a LIFETIME referendum, until they realised there are some oldies like me who voted in the referendum of 1975. Now it is a once in a generation.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Have you noticed how the language has changed? A year ago, leavers kept going on about a once in a LIFETIME referendum, until they realised there are some oldies like me who voted in the referendum of 1975. Now it is a once in a generation.

Tbf both sides are moving to goal posts

The whole lot need to go

We are becoming a laughing stock on the world stage

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Jacob Rees-Mogg and Farage both said a second referendum would be required if it was only 52% Remain.

would you expect them to get it though?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

It's looking more and more likely that it'll be once in a decade...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Tbf both sides are moving to goal posts

The whole lot need to go

We are becoming a laughing stock on the world stage

absolutely. they are the ones that passed legislation to have a referendum and having the result to enact it. then decided they arent quite sure about what to do next.
trouble is, another election just returns most the same people. shame we cant vote "none of the above " force new candidates for a complete clean slate.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
When have we ever been able to travel freely? Have you been to Spain without your passport?

I think Chappers may have been talking about a principle laid down 70 years ago::

"We hope to see a Europe where men of every country will think as much of being a European as of belonging to their native land, and that without losing any part of their love and loyalty to their birthplace. We hope that wherever they go in this wide domain, to which we set no limit in the European continent, they will truly feel ‘Here I am at home. I am a citizen of this country too’."

(As an aside, my first granddaughter was born last week, a subject of the Queen and a citizen of Europe, a glorious combination that will stay with her for, as things stand, the first six weeks of her life. And then it will end, to the cheers of the Brexiteers no doubt, and a stirring in the grave by the man who wrote the words above.)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We normally travel TUI, Thomson that was and I was speaking to one of their guys who said they have been really hit badly by this 737 issue and they are having to borrow planes all over the place. We went to Corfu on a TUI plane and back on a Norwegian crate! Friends just came back from Italy on a Tulip Airlines...I have never even heard of them! a
Issue is most planes are our non TC flights are rammed, so if they do go some people will be in for a long wait to get home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here