Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bottletop Gate

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone is capable of taking in a bottle top...several people around me had them.

One wonders what the punishment would be if caught. Would it be same as being caught with knife or fireworks? Surrounded by stewards thrown to the floor and carted off by Police to be in court next day

Only in the home end. In the away end, the chairman would promise a full investigation and appropriate action against offenders, but then do nothing apart from find you a nice new seat with your pals after ousting other season ticket holders to make room.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They didn't even take the lids off the 2 bottles of fizzy pop jnr bought at half-time.

He picked us up a couple of pints of water for the first half, I think we were just about the only ones in the family stand drinking free water.

We really are bad bad fans.
I should also add nobody died as a result of us having our bottle tops.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Going flat isn't an issue - it will be knocked over, spilling that oh-so-precious sticky liquid all over the stand. We've all been there...

Which in turn could create a massive slick of sticky 'wasp magnet' thereby creating a pest nuisance, which potentially could have life threatening consequences for anyone with an allergy to flying stripy ******* stings. Literally no lids could cause DEATH!

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
You only have to look around as you leave to see all the wet patches under the seats to see how much is spilled.
I take a small bag which I put under my seat and I would be p****d off if I found it soaked from a spillage behind. I see people putting coats, programmes etc under seats so at some point there will be a confontation.
Will PB replace a soaked programme for free or pay for someones dry cleaning of a coke soaked coat? Of course not. But it is a stupid rule.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Got it confirmed with insider that if you have your bottle emptied by a spill they will refill FOC

I hopefully won’t have to try this, but it will be interesting if anyone actually tries this at a kiosk!

They can’t do water fountains at the moment!

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Got it confirmed with insider that if you have your bottle emptied by a spill they will refill FOC

I hopefully won’t have to try this, but it will be interesting if anyone actually tries this at a kiosk!

They can’t do water fountains at the moment!

So if I go to a kiosk with my empty diet coke bottle and say it spilled, they will believe me?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
You'd think with all the environmental pressure on reducing single use plastics the club would be supportive of this but it looks like they are more interested in the profits from people buying drinks, spilling them and then replacing them than the environment.

Of course. You think Barber gives a shit about the environment? It's all about the ££££. Get your drink knocked over and you have to buy another one. Gotta give the man credit; it's a great marketing ploy.

Try CapriSun. It's not in a bottle so no reason to remove the top. It's not a carton (it's not made from thickened cardboard) and its certainly not a can. Only problem is that the aluminium / plastic container is NOT recyclable.

Disappointing that the club isn't more environmentally aware.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So if I go to a kiosk with my empty diet coke bottle and say it spilled, they will believe me?

Not sure about that but water they should...see the reply on ask the club to me

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here