Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to cash in on Andone and promote Connelly

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
That was a ridiculous decision to send Andone off
It was a complete accident his back was to the player he hadn’t a clue that he trod on his leg.
Clumsy indeed but an accident and I did not think it even warranted a yellow card let alone red.
The saints defender made a meal of it pretending he was in agony until andone got sent off and then he got up.
Even if he did hurt him there was no intent by andone just a complete accident.
Potter should of stuck up for him in the interview.
Such a shame for him he so deserved a full game and so unlucky that happened.
These var decisions are ridiculous it’s basically another ref only one looking at a replay and putting his decision on it.
The var ref on spurs match was Paulson terrible ref I don’t know if you saw a penalty var decision in that match.
The Newcastle centre half knew he couldn’t stop Kane in the penalty area getting in a shot which probably would of been a goal so he dived or flung himself and his body into Kane.
The stupid var ref thought he slipped into Kane by accident and the stupid idiot Murphy on match of the day thought he did.
He deliberately dived into him he didn’t slip so as to prevent him getting in a shot for possible game.
They are getting loads of decisions wrong.
Andones accidental challenge was typical of the idiots getting it wrong.
Why doesn’t the on field referee go to the on field video look at it and confirm the decision he made is correct.
Lots of var decisions in the World Cup were reversed after the on field referee changed his mind.
Better than just getting another ref on var to do it.
Especially the stupid useless referees we have or maybe an independent overseas ref should be employed.

Either I've been whooshed, or you're a pillock :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Possible if Connolly steps up and keeps his place over Andone.
Strikers are easy to sell in January for inflated fees. Trouble is we'd need to sign at least 1 if both Andone and Locadia go.

Also we need to see if Murray has run out of steam or not by New Year.

Last edited:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Well with Loco out of shape and Andone, banned, I think Connolly may well get a few opportunities over the next few weeks - if he takes them he's in possession. As for January, its too soon to say.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Maybe a possible swap plus cash deal for Andone for the lad from the Spanish Cucumbers in January. For me he has one more chance but after WBA in the cup and now this I think it's only a matter of time before he properly hurts somebody.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Strikers are easy to sell in January for inflated fees. Trouble is we'd need to sign at least 1 if both Andone and Locadia go.

Also we need to see if Murray has run out of steam or not by New Year.

The NSC boo-boys will want Ali-J out too because he has done nothing this season!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You can’t condone that tackle, it was a very poor error or judgment in the way he tried to shield the ball. But it’s down to the club to work with him this stage. And no, I didn’t applaud him, I assume those who did didn’t see it.

Get rid of Locadia in January. He is either not good enough or distracted by other things in his life. I don’t know which it is but I seen enough.

Bring Connolly in whilst Andone serves his punishment, would love to see a few run outs as sub to see whatnot quickly he could adapt. You never know

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Stop dreaming mate he’s hardly kicked a ball in league 1. Reserve or U23 football is totally different playing against professional men on a Saturday.

Then GP needs to play him for 2 - 3 games, if he's not good enough then off load to Crawley, Portsmouth etc, then we can get on finding the next real deal via the academy. Absolutely no point in keeping these players if you are right. and I emphasize the IF.

Connolly thing is a joke, no UK based player gets in the team anymore without a hard season on loan somewhere, almost certainly the Championship.

Andone is sadly clearly a nasty little toerag. Look at what he does straight after nearly breaking the guy's leg, he actually sits on (!!!) the left-back and cocks his head over pleadingly to the ref hoping he's not seen it. No care at all for the player he knows he's hurt.

But ultimately if we have to have 1 or 2 shites in our squad like that, so be it. Murray's legs are gone and Locadia is too sluggish to play in the PL. Andone is the best we have in the 9 spot currently, until Maupay shows he can take over that spot permanently or we get a new signing. So we hire the most expensive sports pyschologist around and try and fix this guy's broken head

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Connolly thing is a joke, no UK based player gets in the team anymore without a hard season on loan somewhere, almost certainly the Championship.

Andone is sadly clearly a nasty little toerag. Look at what he does straight after nearly breaking the guy's leg, he actually sits on (!!!) the left-back and cocks his head over pleadingly to the ref hoping he's not seen it. No care at all for the player he knows he's hurt.

But ultimately if we have to have 1 or 2 shites in our squad like that, so be it. Murray's legs are gone and Locadia is too sluggish to play in the PL. Andone is the best we have in the 9 spot currently, until Maupay shows he can take over that spot permanently or we get a new signing. So we hire the most expensive sports pyschologist around and try and fix this guy's broken head

You're absolutely right, [MENTION=1483]London Irish[/MENTION]. You certainly wouldn't see an Aaron Wan-Bissaka come through these da......oh.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Maupay a player who was prolific in the championship looked a tad naive Saturday with some of the things he tried. Of course AC might hit the ground running although it’s doubtful.

You're absolutely right, [MENTION=1483]London Irish[/MENTION]. You certainly wouldn't see an Aaron Wan-Bissaka come through these da......oh.

Yes and throw in Dunk and March while you are there, why not?

The fact that you have to pick a 50 million player to make your point actually shows it doesn’t add up. Unless you are implying Connolly is on the same level as AWB? But he isn’t is he, he got dominated by the League 2 clogging centre backs at Crawley in pre season. How about we keep the discussion on some kind of firm grounding?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yes and throw in Dunk and March while you are there, why not?

The fact that you have to pick a 50 million player to make your point actually shows it doesn’t add up. Unless you are implying Connolly is on the same level as AWB? But he isn’t is he, he got dominated by the League 2 clogging centre backs at Crawley in pre season. How about we keep the discussion on some kind of firm grounding?

London Irish: Thing A never happens anymore.

AZ Gull: Thing A has literally just happened.

London Irish: Thing A just happening is evidence that Thing A doesn't happen anymore.

AZ Gull: :wozza:

London Irish: Thing A never happens anymore.

AZ Gull: Thing A has literally just happened.

London Irish: Thing A just happening is evidence that Thing A doesn't happen anymore.

AZ Gull: :wozza:

You are comparing Connolly to a 50 million Manchester United player :wozza:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
You are comparing Connolly to a 50 million Manchester United player :wozza:

You are seeing things, [MENTION=1483]London Irish[/MENTION]. I haven't even mentioned Aaron Connolly.

You stated this:-

... no UK based player gets in the team anymore without a hard season on loan somewhere, almost certainly the Championship.

which is demonstrably untrue (as I, er, demonstrated).

You are seeing things, [MENTION=1483]London Irish[/MENTION]. I haven't even mentioned Aaron Connolly.

You stated this:-

which is demonstrably untrue (as I, er, demonstrated).

My comment was about Connolly though wasn't it - but thanks for the pointless discussion Mr Logic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here