Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Favourite top 3 UK breweries ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was around in the '70s (at the end of, in beer-drinking terms), and the answers then would have been Harveys, King & Barnes and Fremlins. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it was more a comment on how big brewers with their tied houses dominated the landscape in those days whereas now there is such a huge number - and for those of use who hated that gassy keg crap the big conglomerates used to churn out it's great to see, even if I don't like a lot of it (And yes, I appreciate the irony seeing as I love a cold can of Kronie).

I'd agree with your choices, btw although I'd probably swap Fremlins for Gales.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We truly are in the Golden Age of beer. Last night in The Partridge (formerly Dark Star Brewery Tap) in Partridge Green they had on:
Harvey's Best
Harvey's Lewes Brown
DS Hophead
Longman APA

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We truly are in the Golden Age of beer. Last night in The Partridge (formerly Dark Star Brewery Tap) in Partridge Green they had on:
Harvey's Best
Harvey's Lewes Brown
DS Hophead
Longman APA

That certainly isn't a "Golden Age " , that's a choice of two effectively, APA or Low Alcohol APA.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I’ve just put a keg of Clwb Tropicana in the perfect Draft, looking forward to demolishing that over the next couple of days !
As a precursor to tomorrow nights big Fridat Night thread I was curious tonight as to our members top brewerys

I’m going charging in with Thornbridge, Tiny Rebel ( on the Tropicana tonight ) and Magic Rock.... Brewdog in close attendance

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
St Austell, Longman, Harvey’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am not sure about St Austell..... the Proper Job down there in Cornwall is excellent as is the Hicks but unfortunately it is brought down to earth by the Tribute which is often God awful !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve just put a keg of Clwb Tropicana in the perfect Draft, looking forward to demolishing that over the next couple of days !

I had 4 cans of the Clwd Tropicana last night amongst some red wine. I took the day of to watch the cricket today.
That Tiny Rebel Tropicana really is superb. Up there with my favourite beers at the moment WHP.

When you say the perfect Draft is that a drinks dispenser thingy.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I am not sure about St Austell..... the Proper Job down there in Cornwall is excellent as is the Hicks but unfortunately it is brought down to earth by the Tribute which is often God awful !

Proper Job always goes down well, not tried Tribute, will steer clear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Yeah it’s a home draft beer dispenser, I can honestly say, it’s the single best purchase I’ve ever made !
Perfectly chilled beer from a keg, better than most pub pulled pints, highly recommend the investment.
I love the Tiny Rebel stuff and to see Tropicana on the machine is like a dream come true !

https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/perfectdraft-keg-machine#__sMTQ5Mzg0

I had 4 cans of the Clwd Tropicana last night amongst some red wine. I took the day of to watch the cricket today.
That Tiny Rebel Tropicana really is superb. Up there with my favourite beers at the moment WHP.

When you say the perfect Draft is that a drinks dispenser thingy.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hophead is terrible now. I had a pint at the Fullers pub in Chiswick a few months back and it was completely different. Also that chilled, keg, unfiltered London Pride is just wrong too.

Top 3 is so hard, can’t really support Magic Rock since they sold out.

BrewDog
Siren
Pollys Brew

Probably

Wylam, Deya, Cloudwater, Verdanf also right up there

Unfiltered Pride is no longer available

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here