Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Blocking calls on iphone

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've started getting a lot of spam calls of the "ring once and hang up" variety. It's got to the state where I have to leave my phone on silent at night because the ******** ring at all hours. Last night I had about 20 calls, purporting to come from El Salvador (but could be anywhere with a spoofed CLI)
Does anyone know of an app that will block unknown callers or suchlike ? I used to have one called Nixcall but that's gone.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Iphone does it for you. If you go into your last dialled/missed calls list, hit the "i" on the right of the nuisance number and scroll down to block caller.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Iphone does it for you. If you go into your last dialled/missed calls list, hit the "i" on the right of the nuisance number and scroll down to block caller.

I should have said, each call is a different number, so although I can block them, it doesnt block new ones.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I've started getting a lot of spam calls of the "ring once and hang up" variety. It's got to the state where I have to leave my phone on silent at night because the ******** ring at all hours. Last night I had about 20 calls, purporting to come from El Salvador (but could be anywhere with a spoofed CLI)
Does anyone know of an app that will block unknown callers or suchlike ? I used to have one called Nixcall but that's gone.

This is anecdotal from the interwebs so no idea if it works, perhaps worth a try?

- Create a contact and give it 10 little phone numbers: +[country code] 0, ...1, ...2, ...3 etc.
- Block that contact.

Like I said, no idea if it works. The apps out there (Hiya, for one) seem to act like adblockers, holding blacklists of numbers used for spam calls, but whether that means they are more useful to American users...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here