Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome to Brighton Leandro... I for one am really excited by this signing, can't wait to see him in the stripes...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As there's more than a touch of the 'Uncle Fester's' about him how about:-

"He's nippy and he's tricky
Skillful and quite ...
Although ...
It's Leandro Trossard"

Fill in the blanks, cos I can't!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Brighton & Hove Albion are delighted to announce the signing of KRC Genk midfielder Leandro Trossard for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old winger, who joins on a four-year deal, becomes the club’s second signing of the summer following Matt Clarke’s arrival from Portsmouth last week.

Trossard inspired the Belgian side to the Jupiler Pro League title last season with 14 goals in 34 games, while also notching seven assists. Having earned the captain’s armband towards the end of the campaign, he lifted the league trophy for only the fourth time in the club’s history.

Trossard also hit the net a further eight times in 11 games in the Europa League – plus three more assists – as Genk made it into the last 32 of the competition.

Albion head coach Graham Potter said, “We are delighted to welcome Leandro to the club and excited about the impact he can have for us.

“He’s an attack-minded player who had a very impressive season last year in helping Genk win the league title.

“He was influential in the side’s success last term and scored a lot of goals, as well as creating chances for others.

“At 24 he also brings good experience, having captained the side and also featured many times in the Europa League.”

Trossard joined the KRC Genk youth academy in 2010 and was promoted to the senior squad two years later, making his debut towards the end of the 2011/12 campaign.

Loan spells at Lommel United, Westerlo and OH Leuven followed before he became a regular back at his parent club in the 2016/17 season.

Since then the midfielder, who has represented Belgium from U16 to U21 level, has scored 39 goals across 118 appearances in the last three seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqTwOoElxBA

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Tony like the rest of us just wants to turn up at a home game and be entertained a bit more.

If it means we get relegated while our style changes then Its a hit I am willing to take.

The last 6 months in particular had been torture at home, I may actually venture to an away game now if possible

I wouldn think that TB would agree with you about the relegation. I go to watch BHA win if they can do it in style that is a bonus but the result is the be all and end of as regards the enjoyment and flowing football comes a very poor 2nd.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Brighton & Hove Albion are delighted to announce the signing of KRC Genk midfielder Leandro Trossard for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old winger, who joins on a four-year deal, becomes the club’s second signing of the summer following Matt Clarke’s arrival from Portsmouth last week.

Trossard inspired the Belgian side to the Jupiler Pro League title last season with 14 goals in 34 games, while also notching seven assists. Having earned the captain’s armband towards the end of the campaign, he lifted the league trophy for only the fourth time in the club’s history.

Trossard also hit the net a further eight times in 11 games in the Europa League – plus three more assists – as Genk made it into the last 32 of the competition.

Albion head coach Graham Potter said, “We are delighted to welcome Leandro to the club and excited about the impact he can have for us.

“He’s an attack-minded player who had a very impressive season last year in helping Genk win the league title.

“He was influential in the side’s success last term and scored a lot of goals, as well as creating chances for others.

“At 24 he also brings good experience, having captained the side and also featured many times in the Europa League.”

Trossard joined the KRC Genk youth academy in 2010 and was promoted to the senior squad two years later, making his debut towards the end of the 2011/12 campaign.

Loan spells at Lommel United, Westerlo and OH Leuven followed before he became a regular back at his parent club in the 2016/17 season.

Since then the midfielder, who has represented Belgium from U16 to U21 level, has scored 39 goals across 118 appearances in the last three seasons.

Which one broke the embargo, or did they both 12.57 and 12.59?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crack on with the striker now please boys!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] will be happy now. :lolol:

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Never final until you see a headline that we "swooped". Interesting that he has given up Champion's League football to join us!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Europa League ready #barberIN

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Paid too much, and seems no one else wanted him. Shambles.

Unlike you to make tongue in cheek comments. You are one of the most literalist posters on NSC. Are you now on drugs? Can I have some?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
At some point we are going to end up spoiled for wingers? Izzy, Ali, Knocky, Solly & Trossy?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
8 goals in 11 Europa League games managed to push one of my eyebrows up a little bit.

Room for some cautious optimism with this one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here