Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
More rubbish from the Establishment! Why can't they just mind their own bloody business and let us get on with it. ………………...Oh hang on, it is their business!

According to the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), failure to reach a deal with Brussels before March could trigger massive queues of trucks at British borders from a vast increase in paperwork and checks to clear customs.

From a survey of more than 1,300 UK and EU-based supply chain managers, the personnel responsible for navigating customs controls for their companies, a tenth at UK firms said it would risk bankruptcy if goods were delayed by between 10 and 30 minutes at the border.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Tory MP for Shrewsbury well and truly owned. If you are going to tweet about fruit and vegetable tariffs, it is good to know what you're talking about.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2018/09/25/tory-mp-owned-almost-worth-price-brexit/
Amusing stuff. Typical incompetence from a Tim Nice But Dim character.

Like almost everyone, I am far from expert on these matters, but my take home message is that we already have access to the whole world as potential trading partners and that A LOT of nonsense is talked about supposed negative effects of EU membership...?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Amusing stuff. Typical incompetence from a Tim Nice But Dim character.

Like almost everyone, I am far from expert on these matters, but my take home message is that we already have access to the whole world as potential trading partners and that A LOT of nonsense is talked about supposed negative effects of EU membership...?

Exactly. I am pro EU, and I didn't realise how many FTAs we have with Commonwealth and other countries along with the 27 others.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The other thing Daniel Kawczynski MP wont be able to comprehend is those goods from South Africa, Egypt, Chile, Zimbabwe, Costa Rica and Peru are imported into The EU, which doesn't necessarily mean they are imported direct to The UK, hence they're potentially going to be subject to logistical problems from next year and delays.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Thats simply not true, I don’t believe all second referendumers who want a vote on the deal are undemocratic loons,dont think [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] does either,but that is up to him to verify. those that believe for example amongst them Len McCluskey that another vote should exclude a remain option and should focus on how we Leave, are not undemocratic or loony at all……….can you spot the difference to undemocratic weasel loons like you yet?
Thanks for misrepresenting what I have said…….yet again.

I am sorry but this is just dick-like behaviour up there with 2p's claim that Chile is an integral component of America. You know perfectly well that by a 'second referendum' people have always meant giving voters an opportunity to reconsider their decision in the light of emerging facts. This is what people have been arguing about on this thread for months. This is what opinion-pollsters have been asking people about. This is what voters have been giving their opinions about. This is what you have been name-calling anyone who disagrees with you about, for years now. Your sudden referencing of certain views advanced by an apparently small minority of Labour Party members on what questions any second referendum should ask is absurd. You knew what was meant and your doleful retreat into smart-ass semantics impresses no one.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Your sudden referencing of certain views advanced by an apparently small minority of Labour Party members on what questions any second referendum should ask is absurd.

To me it just shows he's rattled enough after yesterday's events in Liverpool at the prospect of a second referendum to have to clutch at potential straws on the matter in the shape of the views of an overweight, former dock worker and current trade union leader from Merseyside, who he has nothing in common with, and post about it at 3:16am. I get the impression he's not the only one. If we are to hit no deal territory in January, the chances of any Tory MP's backing a no confidence vote against the Government are nil, but the offer of a crash landing mat in a padded cell, in the form of a peoples vote, as a way out from the lunatics who've taken over the asylum that is Brexit, will be far more palatable.

Matthew Parris on C4 News last night was adamant The EU will extend Article 50 for that reason quite easily, though not for the purposes of The UK 'playing silly buggers' as he put it. With the preparatory legal requirements already prepared by The European Parliament for such a request, he may well be right.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s all on this site.

Yes, good response - if there was any evidence to support it.

Nonetheless, if I was a remainer like you I would be embarrassed by the thought that the poster I replied to was on my side. How many people are in the EDL anyway? My guess is no more than a few thousand - which still leaves 17M+ people voting leave who do not support the EDL.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, good response - if there was any evidence to support it.

Nonetheless, if I was a remainer like you I would be embarrassed by the thought that the poster I replied to was on my side. How many people are in the EDL anyway? My guess is no more than a few thousand - which still leaves 17M+ people voting leave who do not support the EDL.

Of course there is. [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION] posts were recent and numerous people will remember his late Friday night outburst. The other, I’ll try and dig out. I want to be 100% certain I have got the right posters before I discuss further-I’m sure you’ll understand as the nature of their posts was much more sinister and threatening - stating , and II quote “hunt you down” and find you at the AMEX are pretty serious. And if I recall correctly a threat was made regarding looking for someone Villa Park when they found out the person was going there for the final Championship game.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, good response - if there was any evidence to support it..
[MENTION=32776]heathgate[/MENTION] was the poster of the Villa threat to “search” for someone at Villa....posted at 3am the night before the game.

When I have time I’ll find the “hunt you down” threat.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Still nothing? So quiet when you can't use a canned bullshit response or it does not fit your agenda.

You know perfectly well his view ..... you're just pretending not to remember it. Besides you demanding answers from someone is rather pot, kettle and black !

I assume you'll be going on the march in October ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But keeping freedom of movement and staying in the single market and leaving the eu is what we voted for. We voted to leave.

Where on the ballot paper did it say the first two options you mention ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here