Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Have you ever passed out?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
After years of cuts and scratches I just stuck a screwdriver into my hand and along came a blackout, first time ever and really horrid experience [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Did her in doors pass out to when she saw you doing some DIY ..must have been quite a shock for the poor lass

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Only once.

I got kicked in the knee by a horse in the parade ring at Bath racecourse. Bust my knee cap. I think it was the shock rather than the pain, although it did smart a little.

:lolol:
Getting kicked in the ring is I imagine enough to make most a tad wobbly.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Have you ever passed out?

No, but I knew a bloke who did.

Small man. Bit of a temper.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
After years of cuts and scratches I just stuck a screwdriver into my hand and along came a blackout, first time ever and really horrid experience [emoji23]

Wimp! :lol:

🚑🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲

:p

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The one thing that struck me was just how hard it was to lift a dead weight...It took three of us.

Roy Hodgson managed it by himself.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Yep. Sliced the outside of my right wrist deeply whilst using an open-ended spanner on a recessed bolt on a car seat runner.Should have been using a socket but I was a first year apprentice and didn't have any in my toolkit at the time. Got taken to the mess room and had to hold my hand above my head whilst the squeamish workshop foreman tried to stem the considerable blood flow.As soon as I saw how much blood was running down my forearm and dripping off my elbow I fainted. Now I realise that a faint isn't a blackout but banging your head on the stove in the mess room as you go over seemed to do the trick.:sick:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Mine is way more impressive than all of these tales. I once banged my elbow on my desk (a mate came up behind me and made me jump), totally innocuous, I immediately stood up to assault him and that's when the pain hit. It was ridiculous, it barely made a noise but something about that spot must be bad news, anyway I just fell like a log apparently, hit my face square on the desk on the way down. Woke up under the desk a few moments later.

So, whilst a screwdriver through the hand might sound bad, I can assure you, bumping your arm on a desk is far more serious.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Packed commuter train passed out due to heat. Train had to make additional stop with ambulance called to meet train.
At least those announcements of late running train due to passenger being taken ill are correct

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Many times do not ge get old

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
4aed403df80e304dd72af606669060a2.jpg

Did you also cut a finger off as well? :cool:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Several times because I have low blood pressure and low pain threshold*. So, once when I sliced the tip off my finger trying to make myself a sandwich during the first week at university; once when I cut my toe on a loose piece of grating at a Turkish swimming pool while on a family holiday; at least three times when I had really bad nosebleeds (really very bad nosebleeds, honest). A couple other times for injections and blood tests, and at least once when drunk.

*medical diagnosis for being a pussy.

Blokes usually mean something else when they ask if you would like "a finger-tip sandwich".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I passed out for three days when I drank almost an entire bottle of whisky.

I was FIVE years old. :drink:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Cut the tip of my finger off pruning some ivy during the royal wedding in 2011. Apparently I passed out whilst sitting at the table immediately afterwards. Thankfully the minor injuries unit was empty as everyone was watching the wedding so I was seen quickly and the tip was re-attached. It is still in place, although I have almost no sensation there. Played it safe and watched the wedding on Saturday.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Cut the tip of my finger off pruning some ivy during the royal wedding in 2011. Apparently I passed out whilst sitting at the table immediately afterwards. Thankfully the minor injuries unit was empty as everyone was watching the wedding so I was seen quickly and the tip was re-attached. It is still in place, although I have almost no sensation there. Played it safe and watched the wedding on Saturday.

Gives you a new found sympathy for blokes who get the tip of their John Thomas sliced off.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
A few times actually. I snowboard and mountain bike, and often have more balls than talent. I learnt at a young age, if I hurt myself, my body puts me to sleep and when I wake up, I'm not in pain. Not the best lesson to learn as I now have a walk like some ghetto kid from the Bronx and when it's cold/wet out my whole body aches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here