Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Alzate signed from Leyton Orient

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
First saw him live in an U-23 semi-final playoff game. He ran the show along with a small left-back called Cox and an Irish midfielder they've just released (ends in iou, Mandriou maybe?). People were banging on about Gyokeres, Connolly Sanders (capt) and Mateju. But the two I mentioned were head and shoulders above all the rest. The opposition (Middlesbrough?) had a great little ginger winger also but I can't remember his name. Mateju was just big but played awful as a right-back, glad he's gone.

I wish people would get out and see these players live before jumping on the bandwagon and repeating what they read on here.

Connor Malley?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
May have been. I thought there was a *Wood* in there somewhere. Kind of a Northern name. I think he wore the number 7 or 11 shirt? He was good, Hunemeir and his like couldn't get the ball off him :)

boro.jpg

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
We seem to be extraordinarily well stocked with central midfielders at U23 level.

Steven Alzate, Max Sanders, Jayson Molumby, now also Tudor Baluta potentially. They have all been touted as potential breakthroughs to the first team, but surely they will get in each others' way? Some will inevitably be loaned out and sold on. Haydon Roberts (also plays CB) and Teddy Jenks look like being the next generation of U23 centre midfield talent for us.

Dan Mandroiu was another one who was a very good little attacking centre mid, but couldn't force himself ahead of the above few. He is now at Bohemians, winning accolades and tearing up the League of Ireland at 20 years of age - would expect him to get a transfer to a League club soon enough. (He also scored this a few weeks ago too... https://www.balls.ie/football/danny-mandroiu-screamer-412276)

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1303226567468875778[/tweet]

[tweet]1302227678486036481[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like a prospect, this kid. But "Alzate can operate as an orthodox striker or on either wing. He made a dozen appearances in League Two last season for Orient, where he has been from under-13 level." according to the Argus. Looks much more like a number 8/10 to me.
The new Dele Alli?

So that's the plan !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shares a birthday with me :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1288875252127334412[/tweet]