Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Clearly this seems to be being strongly reported, but there seems to be a few links in the chain and if any one of those goes wrong then the transfer collapses. There are a few known unknowns.

Such as

Can Man U finance £80million for Maguire without selling Pogba?
Would Leicester definitely prefer Dunk than Tarkowski? Are they both linked as part of a cluster style policy Leicester have.
Do Leicester have any other targets who haven't been reported?
Would or could Tony Bloom just refuse point blank to sell under any circumstances?

This transfer story is highly plausible and I'm sure Lewis would jump at the move, but there's no reason to think it's a formality. Another possibility is that this has alerted other clubs to his availability and so he goes somewhere else

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There’s going to be some FANTASTIC backtracking, excuses, recriminations and I told you sos on this thread in a week or two. I’m going to get the popcorn now before it sells out.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I know nothing, just for the record.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Latest on the Maguire to Man Utd or City is that oddly Maguire wants to go if Leicester get a bid that meets their valuation. Currently thats being quoted as £80-90m.
But he will be "professional" if a bid doesn't come in. Which at that price - it might well not.
Originally via John Percy but now all over the transfer rumour spaces.
https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1150785295777972227

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I reckon if the money on offer is good enough TB will take it and reinvest. At the end of the day Brighton are a selling club and always have been. Hopefully the Clarke is the next defensive gem

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Latest on the Maguire to Man Utd or City is that oddly Maguire wants to go if Leicester get a bid that meets their valuation. Currently thats being quoted as £80-90m.
But he will be "professional" if a bid doesn't come in. Which at that price - it might well not.
Originally via John Percy but now all over the transfer rumour spaces.
https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1150785295777972227

You're slightly misquoting the tweet. Maguire doesn't say he'll be professional but LCFC expect him to be if bid doesn't meet their valuation. He could still throw his toys out of the pram!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can Man U finance £80million for Maguire without selling Pogba?

this highlights a flaw in the thinking. i reckon the club, manager and fans would want a bit more return from Pogba sale than a £80m defender.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I reckon if the money on offer is good enough TB will take it and reinvest. At the end of the day Brighton are a selling club and always have been. Hopefully the Clarke is the next defensive gem

Bloom doesn’t exactly live up to this assumption though does he. When did we last sell a first choice player ?

Clue - it was over 5 years ago.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
I don't want Dunk to leave, but if we were to get £45+ million it would be a very difficult business decision to decline, whatever loyalties are involved.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m astonished that Utd want Maguire in the first place. If they want to pay £80 million then good luck to them, let’s have half of that for Dunk and find someone for half that again who’s nearly as good. I’m sure there are plenty regardless of how inflated the market is. We can’t turn that sort of offer down because Dunk will want to go given he’ll make many millions from a deal that size. Excellent piece of business all things considered.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’m astonished that Utd want Maguire in the first place. If they want to pay £80 million then good luck to them, let’s have half of that for Dunk and find someone for half that again who’s nearly as good. I’m sure there are plenty regardless of how inflated the market is. We can’t turn that sort of offer down because Dunk will want to go given he’ll make many millions from a deal that size. Excellent piece of business all things considered.

Half? Bollox to that - three quarters (75%) minimum. Not a penny or a 1% less.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Half? Bollox to that - three quarters (75%) minimum. Not a penny or a 1% less.

you think Dunk is worth £60million not the £45million reportedly bid?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here