Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Constructive debate, if only!

People get so wound up by this Brexit malarkey.

My genuine thoughts are, well it’s way above my pay grade to be worried about, what will be will be and we will move forward, equally if by some reason we don’t leave I’ll be equally as benign as I would have been that Friday morning had the country decided they wanted to remain [emoji106]

If only some others were as calm as yourself.
Unfortunately, the very mention of the words...' Brexit '...'.No Deal '....' Trump '....and....' Farage ' send some people into squirming paroxysms of rage and madness and a complete and utter sense of hopelessness. There are some on here ( no names ) goading and feeding this frenzied fire of hate and madness. It won't work. People have to be purged.
Lets start but very gently....after three.....one..two..three.....' BREXIT '....' NO DEAL' ....' TRUMP'.... ' FARAGE.'
There.....not so bad was it. Now.....deep breath...... lets repeat them again.....' BREXIT' ....' NO DEAL'....' TRUMP '.... ' FARAGE '......Look I know its hard...I'm with you on this....I've had the therapy.....it does make it easier in the long run, however bitter and acrid the taste. Its cathartic.
Keep repeating four times a day for fourteen days or until you start fancying Ann Widdecombe.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I don't believe he is any of those, otherwise he would have been banned months ago. The world has moved on.

huh??
He literally signs off every post with DR, which stands for Das Reich, his old username. He posted a video from a youtube channel that shares almost exclusively, videos by David Duke.
Which bit don't you believe?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't believe he is any of those, otherwise he would have been banned months ago. The world has moved on.

Das Reich One year ban

Following a detailed review of posts from this person, the following was noted. Racism, homophobia, glorification of football violence, holocaust denial, Nazi apologism etc.

Das Reich: 14 day ban

Unpleasant and threatening behaviour.

And from January this year

Pretty pink fairy: 7 day ban

He'll be taking a seven day break from NSC under the 'totting up' process for multiple infractions

Pretty pink fairy: 3 month ban

Unfortunately PPF posted a further unpleasant anti-semitic comment whilst his first one was being assessed by the mods and received a further infraction, which resulted in his ban being extended under the totting up rules to three months.

And these aren't his only bans, but I couldn't be arsed to look further. But you're probably right, it's all made up, and you and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] should continue to defend him. After all, he voted leave :facepalm:

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

And these aren't his only bans, but I couldn't be arsed to look further. But you're probably right, it's all made up, and you and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] should continue to defend him. After all, he voted leave :facepalm:

Agreed. This is what I mean by the whole thing becoming increasingly visceral. Random insults have been chucked at me by a previously reasonable Leave supporter and I don't imagine there will be an apology. People just dig in and defend the inexcusable......

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
People get so wound up by this Brexit malarkey.

I know someone whose mother has been told if Brexit goes wrong they will struggle to get hold of the medicine which is keeping her alive. I also know someone who has a partner from the EU whose entire future is up in the air.

These are real people and real lives being negatively impacted by Brexit, directly so. So it's not surprising people get "so wound up" by it. I'd question the empathy and compassion of anyone who isn't, frankly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I know someone whose mother has been told if Brexit goes wrong they will struggle to get hold of the medicine which is keeping her alive. I also know someone who has a partner from the EU whose entire future is up in the air.

These are real people and real lives being negatively impacted by Brexit, directly so. So it's not surprising people get "so wound up" by it. I'd question the empathy and compassion of anyone who isn't, frankly.

Completely agree.... and I am very angry on behalf of several real friends who will indeed be negatively impacted; the response from some on here is either a breezy acceptance of that impact, complete denial and/or flagging up of a few positive developments.

I would just add that I think Aristotle had it right when he pointed out....

'Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.'

D

Deleted member 22389

huh??
He literally signs off every post with DR, which stands for Das Reich, his old username. He posted a video from a youtube channel that shares almost exclusively, videos by David Duke.
Which bit don't you believe?

What exact video did he post from this channel? After reading about this man, he might not have even known who this character was.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What exact video did he post from this channel? After reading about this man, he might not have even known who this character was.

As kindly highlighted to you earlier by W z, Ppf has been variously banned for: Racism, homophobia, glorification of football violence, holocaust denial, Nazi apologism and making anti semitic comments in relation to Tony Bloom, no less.

A quick Google search of David Duke brings up his wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Duke

The first line of which describes him as: David Ernest Duke (born July 1, 1950) is a prominent American white supremacist, white nationalist politician, white separatist, antisemitic conspiracy theorist, Holocaust denier, convicted felon, and former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

What a positively uncanny coincidence.

Suffice to say my own conclusion as to whether he knew who 'this character was' somewhat differs from yours, but you carry on defending him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Definitely beginning to think you are a very subtle comedy account now.
Like many leavers on this thread and in the wider world, you're always complaining about being accused of racism. I've said before on here that I have seen little to no evidence of leavers actually addressing the bigots and racists who line up under the Brexit flag. And now, you seem to be taking it a step further by putting up a spirited defence of the man who calls himself Das Reich and links to dodgy as **** youtube channels who share white supremacist and anti immigrant videos.

D

Deleted member 22389

Definitely beginning to think you are a very subtle comedy account now.
Like many leavers on this thread and in the wider world, you're always complaining about being accused of racism. I've said before on here that I have seen little to no evidence of leavers actually addressing the bigots and racists who line up under the Brexit flag. And now, you seem to be taking it a step further by putting up a spirited defence of the man who calls himself Das Reich and links to dodgy as **** youtube channels who share white supremacist and anti immigrant videos.

You think I'm a comedy act, fine.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Jan 30, 2008

If you're going to do a job do it properly , all my fans love me :wave:
Regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

You clearly haven't taken in WHY I defended Ppf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here