Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Would a Boris Johnson PM gives the Tories are wider appeal?

How would you vote if a Boris Johnson PM called a election?

• I’ll still vote Tory

Votes: 24 14.7%
  • I’ll still vote Brexit/UKIP

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • I’ll still vote Lab/Lib/other

Votes: 101 62.0%
  • Switching from Brexit/UKIP to Tory

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Switching from Lab/Lib/other to Tory

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Switching from Tory to Brexit/UKIP

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Switching from Tory to Lab/Lib/other

Votes: 20 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Boris Johnson is a ****ing **** and anyone who thinks he will go into the job with the best interest of the country at the forefront of his policies is also a ****ing ****

But, other than that ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Come on Nicko what a pointless poll to put on a board which is 3/4 left.

I thought you guys were meant to be clued up.

I know NSC is left of centre, but you miss the point. Its about whether BJ will make you change your position. Telegraph today claims BJ would secure a 40 seat majority, that would need to come from the centre not just the right

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Only in Politics could you make a complete dogs dinner of the foreign secretary role and get promoted off the back of it. He will have as much appeal as catching a dose of smallpox to the wider electorate.

I'd I had to vote him or Corbyn, I'd vote Johnson though but I'd vote for Lord Sutch over the pair of them. He seems normal nowadays.

He has been a lot quieter of late, especially the last 20 years.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know NSC is left of centre, but you miss the point. Its about whether BJ will make you change your position. Telegraph today claims BJ would secure a 40 seat majority, that would need to come from the centre not just the right

That's because The Telegraph is merely supporting their columnist, The multi-millionaire Barclay Brothers who own the paper have selected Boris as their man, especially with his pledges to cut tax for high earners and corporations.... maybe the Barclay brothers might move some of their cash back to the UK if he gets selected ? The Telegraph will be right behind him, think of all the exclusives !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only in Politics could you make a complete dogs dinner of the foreign secretary role and get promoted off the back of it. He will have as much appeal as catching a dose of smallpox to the wider electorate.

I'd I had to vote him or Corbyn, I'd vote Johnson though but I'd vote for Lord Sutch over the pair of them. He seems normal nowadays.

'Normal' as I dead for the last twenty years, you mean?

.....and, in response to the OP......

Would a Boris Johnson PM gives the Tories are wider appeal?

Yes, I think it probably would.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Interesting the result so far on this poll tends to indicate well over 50% of NSC contributors would vote labour / lib dem it's time Labour / Greens/ Lib Dems to be selective regarding the fourth coming election to ensure this Tory Brexit Boris madness

Boris when speaking about the person or persons who leaked the USA Ambassadors observations he said "I hope they find the person and eviscerate him"

eviscerate which means disembowel (a person or animal) disembowel, gut, remove the innards from body.

Yet another example if it was needed in a job where what you say can have much wider consequences and Boris is not that person

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will let you know after Trump gives him his annual PDR in November.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Boris Johnson is a ****ing **** and anyone who thinks he will go into the job with the best interest of the country at the forefront of his policies is also a ****ing ****

Very well said Mr Hine, well said indeed

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Unless the pollsters have it completely wrong BJ will be announced as PM 2 weeks tomorrow as the next UK PM of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

But will he have a broad appeal in the country beyond the right, or drive the centre towards the Lib Dems, Labour and other parties?

Discussions to a minimum please, there’s another thread for that. Just vote in the POLL

Unfortunately all political polls on NSC are usually well wide of the mark and do not reflect the feelings of the nation as a whole.
Brighton fans probably rank number one for green voters and Guardian readers. Not saying there is anything wrong with that just that we are different.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People that like Boris should be sectioned

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

I know NSC is left of centre, but you miss the point. Its about whether BJ will make you change your position. Telegraph today claims BJ would secure a 40 seat majority, that would need to come from the centre, not just the right

I didn't miss your point as I would say we hardly have any from the centre on here, they might say they are but when push comes to shove they are left or right.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's not just Boris, why would you want May, Hunt, Gove, Duncan-Smith, Rees-Mogg, Davis, Raab, and all the other Tory idiots that have and continue to ruin the country

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Bojo did a decent enough job as Mayor of London, think he’ll be a breath of fresh air as PM after the spineless Theresa May !

No, he really didn't.
Water cannon, Garden Bridge, cable cars, London buses,all expensive white elephants, and even Boris bikes was a Ken Livingstone idea. But, give him his due, he does steal the credit for other people's achievements very well.

Id rather vote for Boris Karloff

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I will pick the person in my constituency I would prefer to represent me in parliament. The leadership of whatever party they belong to will play a part, but it isn't the only or most important part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here