Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just under 6% of our land is actually built on. It is a common problem that people exaggerate the amount of room this island has.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41901294

When I’m on a flight and I look down as we fly over the U.K. I always find it remarkable just how much of the country is countryside. It’s vast swathes of green with the odd built up area.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Or maybe that’s how negotiating goes **** wit. You and a number of other idiots believe that Britain
Shall forever not trade with any other nation because we left the EU. Simply not going to happen.

Of course we will trade, just at a lower level, and expensively, and some things we won't be able to sell in Europe anymore, like Financial services, internal EU flights, etc. Billions of pounds worth of business will be taxed elsewhere.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Of course we will trade, just at a lower level, and expensively, and some things we won't be able to sell in Europe anymore, like Financial services, internal EU flights, etc. Billions of pounds worth of business will be taxed elsewhere.

At last some sense! In other words we don’t really know yet though it’s safe to say the ST is going to be a bit shit, but to say we’re isolating ourselves blah blah as some have on this thread is just bullshit. Now, wait and watch as those retards back track ‘oh, that’s not what I meant...’ well, i was only arguing against that point. Nothing else. So if you meant something else, perhaps make your points better.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Or maybe that’s how negotiating goes **** wit. You and a number of other idiots believe that Britain
Shall forever not trade with any other nation because we left the EU. Simply not going to happen.

So how long does this last for? And how are the deals we secure afterwards going to be better than what we already have with the exact same countries?

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
I'm sorry but we are where we are because of what you voted.

You were told what would happen but you went ahead, ignored what you were told, stuck your fingers in your ears shouting 'project fear' and did it.

Every last excuse has been hung out to dry (Easiest deal, they need us, they'll blink first etc etc).

The last desperate act, it's because we didn't have a Brexit PM. You voted for this whole Johnson/Hunt clusterf*** and you've now got what were told you would get.

Enjoy your victory or if you can't do that, at the very least, try and be mature enough to take responsibility for what you have done :facepalm:

Survey before Brexit 486 Remain MP`s ,160 leave . No i was not bothered about Project Fear ,none of it happened did it ? There is no victory for any one and i`m only one vote out of 17.4 million .like i say maybe come out with a deal if its terrible for the UK go back in might bring the country back together, if its great people might vote to stay out in future referendums . I am sure the EU would welcome our money again .

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Good news about Jaguar Land Rover isn't it.

We don't know so can you tell us please ? Or are the finer details hidden behind a pay wall and only the immediate headlines inferring good news is as usual and when the details are scrutinised the good news is not so much?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I can only speak for myself ,its just my opinion it was about immigration .I said ages ago i did not want the UK overpopulated on this thread ,they are just going to wreck the countryside with new housing and roads ,its going to happen anyway ,we are on 65 million at the moment might be wrong ,we are just a small island .

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but how much are you hoping immigration will decrease post Brexit and why do you assume it will decrease?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but how much are you hoping immigration will decrease post Brexit and why do you assume it will decrease?

It really doesn't matter if immigration increases or decreases as long as THIS country can determine who they are, Simple.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Keep the covers over my head? How silly. I'm not afraid of freedom of movement, especially when the EU has in place a system for ensuring that migrants have a job within three months and health insurance.
Just a shame our own government fell down on exit checks (Blair)

All could have been avoided if identity cards had been followed through by the con/lib government following labours defeat in 2010, the legislation was in place, cards had begun to be issued ( even though on a voluntary basis at that time) but one of the first things that unholy alliance did was to completely scrap the plan. Brilliant work by Clegg and Cameron, proof of entitlement could/would have solved a lot of the immigration problems and subsequently we may never have got to this clusterf**k

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It really doesn't matter if immigration increases or decreases as long as THIS country can determine who they are, Simple.

That's not what albion68 is suggesting though.

They voted for Brexit because they think there is too much immigration leading to overpopulation and more roads/houses.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Would be good if it could stay that way .

Largely it will I think. Although I share concern. In Shoreham where I reside the building is getting ridiculous, now developers are eyeing up the airport. What was once a lovely little town is getting hemmed in by blocks of flats. It’s upsetting. But it will happen as the housing demand is at crisis level.
It’s not so much the buildings I mind so much as the influx of people. Shoreham is getting very busy and we really don’t have the infrastructure here for so many new folks. Obviously it’s not immigration that is causing the influx. It’s largely white folk carrying yoga mats and walking their labradoodles.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
You have lived your entire adult life on benefits. You’re in no position to judge who this country needs.

I believe he thinks that is his point, he heard all these unfounded rumours of Eastern Europeans coming over here undercutting the indigenous trades people, claiming family allowance for their children back home, sending their excess hard earned wages back home to purchase cheap properties, clogging up doctors surgerys, hospital beds etc and then to cap it all found he had to justify his incapacity for work and his benefits capped !! who wouldn't be pissed off if it were true? Then some people believe anything their told by their betters!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

"THIS country" of course meaning a few MPs you have no control over for 5 years. Unless your candidate (not your party) wins you have no control over them at all.

Let me give you a scenario, a future government negotiates a trade deal with India and as part of the deal, India insists that the UK massively increases the number of Visa for Indian students. They won't ask your opinion.

So what you are actually saying is that although I have absolutely no control over the levels of immigration into this country, I'm happier that a British person (but not me) makes the decision rather than a foreigner ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So how long does this last for? And how are the deals we secure afterwards going to be better than what we already have with the exact same countries?

I like the rest of the world including you don’t know. I’d have a better idea if I was being paid and employed to do as a job mind.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

EU net immigration has decreased by a significant amount since the referendum and we haven't even left yet. Brexit voters who were concerned about the rate of EU immigration will welcome the indisputable fact that their vote has already had a notable effect.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
EU net immigration has decreased by a significant amount since the referendum and we haven't even left yet. Brexit voters who were concerned about the rate of EU immigration will welcome the indisputable fact that their vote has already had a notable effect.

I think they are going to be genuinely disappointed about what comes next.

:lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think they are going to be genuinely disappointed about what comes next.

:lolol:

Unlikely as they will correctly assume all immigrants will be treated on a more equal level and they can hold our representatives to account without them having the excuse of blaming EU rules.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Unlikely as they will correctly assume all immigrants will be treated on a more equal level and they can hold our representatives to account without them having the excuse of blaming EU rules.

Like it's year zero and everything has changed for ever.....

Unlike yourself those in power are more interested in the state of the economy than immigration.

They will pander to you to get your vote, but it's all bluster I'm afraid. They are already making concessions behind the scenes particularly to the farming industry.

The reality is that non EU immigration will massively increase after we leave. The Tories can bullshit you about a points system, but as we start to do independent trade deals with countries outside the EU they will use it as a bargaining chip.

This is the paradox of Brexit - Leave voters like yourself who now believe you have control over immigration. You never had and you never will.

You've simply swapped immigration from people who might consider moving home to people from less wealthy countries who probably won't.

I think it's hilarious. The right wing of the Conservative party (particularly the ERG) have no problem with immigration at all. Boris particularly fully embraces an influx of cheap labour from the EU and other countries. He has tried to cover it up, but has said so to a number of European Ambassadors.

They have other agendas (smaller state, less regulation, low taxation, removal of working hours directive) but the EU has got in the way. Fortunately for them they were able to jump on your fears of immigration and you gave them your vote.

They lied, you swallowed it. I suggest you prepare yourself emotionally for a post Brexit world because you are going to be very very disappointed.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Like it's year zero and everything has changed for ever.....

Unlike yourself those in power are more interested in the state of the economy than immigration.

They will pander to you to get your vote, but it's all bluster I'm afraid. They are already making concessions behind the scenes particularly to the farming industry.

The reality is that non EU immigration will massively increase after we leave. The Tories can bullshit you about a points system, but as we start to do independent trade deals with countries outside the EU they will use it as a bargaining chip.

This is the paradox of Brexit - Leave voters like yourself who now believe you have control over immigration. You never had and you never will.

You've simply swapped immigration from people who might consider moving home to people from less wealthy countries who probably won't.

I think it's hilarious. The right wing of the Conservative party (particularly the ERG) have no problem with immigration at all. Boris particularly fully embraces an influx of cheap labour from the EU and other countries. He has tried to cover it up, but has said so to a number of European Ambassadors.

They have other agendas (smaller state, less regulation, low taxation, removal of working hours directive) but the EU has got in the way. Fortunately for them they were able to jump on your fears of immigration and you gave them your vote.

They lied, you swallowed it. I suggest you prepare yourself emotionally for a post Brexit world because you are going to be very very disappointed.

..... and it's not as if Johnston has ever shown signs of seizing power because of an overwhelming desire to do good for others; he has shown himself to be a self obsessed posh boy with a ruthless ambition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here