Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team to play Cardiff

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
News from my Sauce......

Personally, I just cant believe this will be the team.

Ryan
Bruno - Duffy - Dunk - Bernado
Ali J - Stephens - Proper - March

Gross

Murray.

Back to the tried old tested 4 4 1 1 !!!

Good re formation, no choice re AJ as Izquierdo clearly struggling, otherwise surely wouldn’t be playing.

Kayal does not keep any shape, so is unlikely to get selected, but then neither did Propper or Bissouma Saturday.

Best news is Gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan
Bruno - Duffy - Dunk - Bernardo
Kayal - Propper - Bissouma
March - Murray - Izquierdo (or Gross if he is fit and Izzy isn't)

My notable absentee is Stephens. If we are going all out for 3 points then we don't want to constantly be slowing play down and passing the ball backwards.

You're missing the point - OP wasn't suggesting that line-up, he's telling us it IS the line-up......................

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think it was almost inevitable.

We know how to play with a four man midfield. I'm coming to the conclusion that Hughton can only coach a 4-4 - something.

I'm a fan of 4-3-3 but we look awful in it. I had high hopes after the first few games we played it thinking we'd iron out the kinks over time but we became very poor very quickly. It's given us no greater attacking threat whilst destroying our defensive shape. The reason why Dunk and Duffy were so solid last year is because they could stay in position due to the bank of four in front of them denying the opposition any space. They've not had that this year and have been exposed too much.

Our performances have become increasingly listless and lifeless with no real pattern of play or identity to them, something that's the exact opposite of what we've come to expect from a Hughton team. My hope (and expectation) is that it is mostly down to the fact we were trying to play 4-3-3, a system beyond Hughton's ability. Go back to what he knows and we go back to the teams of 2015-18, teams that knew their job, knew their team mates job and worked their arses off doing them.

I look forward to waking up on Wednesday morning to read about our hard fought, scrappy 1-0 win.

:albion2:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I don't want to reveal Tuesdays team just in case CH actually picks it and makes me look silly again.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Makes sense and something I mentioned in the other Team thread, go back to tried and trusted. If Izquierdo was fit then he would replace Ali J.

If Knockaert were not an overly emotional, high-maintenance Bell-end, then neither would be considered.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We dominated most home matches last season with Propper and Stephens in midfield and Gross just behind
Murray so it could be worse. I also remember March having some good games against Cardiff in the past.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I don't want to reveal Tuesdays team just in case CH actually picks it and makes me look silly again.

Ooops..... To late.
News from my Sauce......

Ryan

Gross

Murray.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Thanks, the Gem. I'm willing to suspend a bit of confusion on my part about how you actually know all this as I have noticed you've got these selections correct before.

My question is, do you know who the players will be or the formation as well? So for example could it be 4-3-3 with

Ryan
Bruno - Dunk - Duffy - Bernardo
Gross - Stephens - Propper
Ali J - March
Murray

Ooops..... To late.
News from my Sauce......

Ryan

Gross

Murray.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Gem’s sauce is living on borrowed time. Barber and Bloom will not be happy about this, the hunt will be underway....

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Thanks, the Gem. I'm willing to suspend a bit of confusion on my part about how you actually know all this as I have noticed you've got these selections correct before.

My question is, do you know who the players will be or the formation as well? So for example could it be 4-3-3 with

Ryan
Bruno - Dunk - Duffy - Bernardo
Gross - Stephens - Propper
Ali J - March
Murray

It's supposed to be 4 4 1 1

I think Gem’s sauce is living on borrowed time. Barber and Bloom will not be happy about this, the hunt will be underway....

It will be like catch me if you can,

Starring My Sauce as Frank Abagnale, Jr and Barber as Carl Hanratty.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
As interesting it is to know this, aren't we in danger of helping the opposition?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ooops..... To late.
News from my Sauce......

Ryan

Gross

Murray.

I had that but Bissouma in for Propper. I don't think he has any other choice. Biggest worry will be Ali J. After his backheel flick passes he attempted against Southampton in the first half, I don't think mentally he has any idea what this type of scrap is about.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Cardiff started with Peltier and Bennett at full back against Burnley. If our wingers can’t get the better of those two then we’ve got no hope as they are barely Championship quality.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Agree mate. Ali J has got to show he can mix it. They all do. We'll come up against ....

Snidey off the ball violence
A barrage of long throws
Teamwide co-ordinated mind games with the ref
Blatant timewasting
Continued provocation
Attempts to get our players sent off for anything

It will be an abysmal game. Fitting for lower reaches of the championship. Chances to show we can actually play will be few and far between. We'll get zero time on the ball. To win the match, first we have to show them we're not intimidated, that we're prepared to battle for the right to play.

I had that but Bissouma in for Propper. I don't think he has any other choice. Biggest worry will be Ali J. After his backheel flick passes he attempted against Southampton in the first half, I don't think mentally he has any idea what this type of scrap is about.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here