Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I was born within 1.5 miles of the Goldstone. On a Wednesday in between home wins ....

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I was born 39.3 miles from The Goldstone on the day that Albion drew at Wrexham. 12 months later, Albion were in the first division.

Coincidence?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Look at Timothy !

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Step off the train all alone at dawn, back into the hole where I was born.
(Couldn't resist, it is the first line from the Be Here Now album)

I was born in Southlands on a Saturday, and we lost 3 nil to Millwall. Funnily enough, "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash was number 1.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I was born miles away from the Goldstone on a Saturday when we got humped by Liverpool. :(

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I was born miles away from the Goldstone on a Saturday when we got humped by Liverpool. :(

Humped? I was born 6 miles from Dean Court, Bournemouth. 8 years before England won the Football World Cup. Aint ever gonna see that again.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Humped? I was born 6 miles from Dean Court, Bournemouth. 8 years before England won the Football World Cup. Aint ever gonna see that again.

England won the World Cup 50 years ago today.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I wa born at Brighton General Hospital In March 1950 on the day we beat Port Vale 2-1 in div 3 south. I remember it like it was yesterday.

My first visit to the Goldstone was 8 years later v Liverpool following our first promotion to the old 2nd div. 2-2 it was.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Albion lost 2-0 away at Oldham Athletic only 7 hours before I was born. The nearest team to where I was born, Aldershot, were also in the middle of two consecutive away defeats. When I was taken to my first home, just behind their ground, the sequence was broken. Only [MENTION=27288]atfc village[/MENTION] will find that remotely interesting, but only as interesting as anyone reading an HB&B article.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I was born at Windlesham Cottage Hospital on 17th April 1956. What the Albion were up to at the time, I have absolutely no idea.

ENGLISH DIV 3 (SOUTH) Sat 14 Apr 1956
Norwich 3 - 3 Brighton

ENGLISH DIV 3 (SOUTH) Wed 18 Apr 1956
Brighton 1 - 1 Leyton Orient

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here