Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Watford *** Official Match Thread ***

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
A point is better than none , the performance was good enough to win easily as Watford offered very little in attack apart from a couple of times. Locadia very unlucky to come up against an in form keeper with two great saves from headers ( I thought he said heading was not a strong point , these two for fantastic attempts ).

Dunky risking serious injury putting his head on the ground to make sure the ball did not hit his arm , best example of our 'normal' defence that went A.W.O.L on Tuesday evening second half so much improved and hopefully meaning the Fulham game was a fluke bad second half at the office.

Deserved more , we were the only team trying to win it for most of the game , Watford looked happy for a point from the kick off. Now we need to follow this up at WBA in midweek & at home to Burnley next weekend to make it a good week after the previous poor one.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think superb is a bit of an exaggeration. I'd say better than normal but if still question if he is premier league standard going forward.

Then you are letting your preconceptions (which are wrong in the first place) blind you. March was second only to Propper in our team today, repeatedly beat his man, put four or five absolutely superb balls in, and he has assisted more goals than anyone else in our team. More often than not we look a better team with March in the side.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We dominated the game, did they have a single shot on target?

2 minutes added time has to be the lowest I’ve ever seen that isn’t a pitiful amount of added time for a game where one team is being completely embarrassed.

hooper is an idiot .....foul throws ....cholebas still on the park , deeney not booked for blind siding dunk and proper booked for farting .......****ing muppet

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As long as we keep the distance between us and the bottom three I’ll take it

We're not though. Fulham climbed three points nearer to us the other night, everybody else, except Huddersfield, are closing up on us too - Palarse a point behind us with a better goal difference, and Newcastle, Burnley and Southampton just one win (three points) behind us, all picking up a bit of momentum at the moment. We might have stopped the rot today, but that's about all..

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sadly, I think Hughton has worked out what we need to stay up from here. Home points v Watford, Burnley, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Southampton, Bournemouth and Newcastle. Leaves us on 33 points, probably enough to stay up. He is an arch pragmatist and has probably worked out that not losing to these sides will be enough. Buckle up for a similar experience to the first six months of Hughton's reign, it is going to be ****ing boring, but we will stay up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We're not though. Fulham climbed three points nearer to us the other night, everybody else, except Huddersfield, are closing up on us too - Palarse a point behind us with a better goal difference, and Newcastle, Burnley and Southampton just one win (three points) behind us, all picking up a bit of momentum at the moment. We might have stopped the rot today, but that's about all..

It’s a start :smile:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
There is a third relegation spot though. How far we are ahead of that is the only thing that matters. 8 points at the moment but could be down to 5 by 19:30 tonight.

It is shame we have missed the opportunity to make ourselves safe over the last two games.
It's the Brighton way.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Even if Cardiff win, we would hardly be deep in a relegation battle. We've gained another point on the bottom 2 and the road has got one game shorter.

Last 5 games at 5pm today:
Southampton 9 points
Burnley 9 points
Palace 7 points
Newcastle 6 points
Cardiff 4 points
Albion 2 points

You might want to check this but it suggests we don't have the momentum other teams do. Thats why we should go full on panic stations if Cardiff get a result.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's just not happening at the moment but I'd start to get concerned if we lose to Burnley.

Can't wait for midweek (as above!) but we've got more than enough to finish 13th - inevitably. :)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sadly, I think Hughton has worked out what we need to stay up from here. Home points v Watford, Burnley, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Southampton, Bournemouth and Newcastle. Leaves us on 33 points, probably enough to stay up. He is an arch pragmatist and has probably worked out that not losing to these sides will be enough. Buckle up for a similar experience to the first six months of Hughton's reign, it is going to be ****ing boring, but we will stay up.

if you thought that game was boring then i feel sorry for your saddle .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's a good job Foster didn't ruin his master plan then. On at least three occasions...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It's just not happening at the moment but I'd start to get concerned if we lose to Burnley.

Can't wait for midweek (as above!) but we've got more than enough to finish 13th - inevitably. :)

i had a 30 dollar bet paying 55 k mate ...we draw , burnley draw , chelsea + 3.5 ,palace + 1.5......if i'd have left it there i got 54/1 but i went for boro , brentford and ****ing millwall all to win .....millwall drew 0-0 .....:upsidedownheadbedtimeaaarggh:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thats why we should go full on panic stations if Cardiff get a result.

You can, anyone else that isn't an idiot can remain pragmatic and realistic.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Surprised how poor Watford were, there for the taking but we never took it. Oh well point better than nothing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Said when team announced Hughton out and stand by that utter shite
Clueless one sub lol
What knocky must think sat there watching that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t work out what the most stupidest part of this post is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here