Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Haywards Heath Recommendations

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hi All,

Looking for a place to have some decent food and drink on Friday night, I dont know the area well at all, I was just wondering if a few of the locals might have some decent suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get out quick.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
The Lockhart Tavern is your best bet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Nizam curryhouse along South Road (A272) is decent, and only a short stroll from The Star, Orange Square, Idlewild or the Lockhart (if craft beer is your thing).

Otherwise there's a Cafe Rouge if you don't mind the crushingly slow service. River Thai if you like Thai (I don't).

NogansRun

Aug 8, 2016
If you like your decent beer and quality pub food, go to the Lockhart Tavern for food and drink (ex Dark Star pub) - but make sure you book it early as does get crowded. If you prefer a curry, go for Nizam Tandoori. All the other bars are much of a muchness with Idlewild being probably the nicest. The Cote is pretty good if you like that kind of thing, whilst if you fancy formulaic Pizza/Pasta there is Pizza Express and Zizzi. All these places are in or around the Broadway so take your pick.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Miller and Carter and Cote are both ok (no surprises chain fodder), if you want something a bit different the Zeytin Grill on South Road is very good (Turkish).

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Depending on how decent you want, there's Ockenden Manor in Cuckfield or Jeremy's at Borde Hill, both a couple of miles from HH and on the fringes of a Michelin star (Ockenden Manor used to have one).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Depends on your budget La Campana is good for Spanish food but very limited on beer as you would expect from a restaurant, obviously a better selection of wine. Avoid the Beechurst (Harvester) where the food is awful even by Harvester standards.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Miller and Carter and Cote are both ok (no surprises chain fodder), if you want something a bit different the Zeytin Grill on South Road is very good (Turkish).

That's a good shout, bring your own booze too.

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Nizam for curry. Pizza Express seems to have a better menu than Zizzi's if you want Italian.

Lockhart good, but wouldn't want to be eating in there on a Friday night unless you're there very early. Too busy, too noisy, just gets packed with drinkers.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Nizam curryhouse along South Road (A272) is decent, and only a short stroll from The Star, Orange Square, Idlewild or the Lockhart (if craft beer is your thing).

Otherwise there's a Cafe Rouge if you don't mind the crushingly slow service. River Thai if you like Thai (I don't).

I echo these words. The Lockhart is my advice for food and drink, depends what you want to eat.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
La Campana is my favourite. Very generous portions of Tapas.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Some very good recommendations mentioned.

The Lockhart and Star (although it's gone a bit soulless compared to 15 or so years ago. Still a good pub for a pint of lager or Guinness).

Avoid around the station and the dreaded Burrell, where you have to wipe your feet on the way out and the two curry houses are nothing special.

Stick to the Broadway with the Nizam very nearby although a little pricey and you'll have a good night out. :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hi All,

Looking for a place to have some decent food and drink on Friday night, I dont know the area well at all, I was just wondering if a few of the locals might have some decent suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

It’s a small place made up of decent-ish chain restaurants and a few independents. Walk down the high street and you’ll find something.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Some very good recommendations mentioned.

The Lockhart and Star (although it's gone a bit soulless compared to 15 or so years ago. Still a good pub for a pint of lager or Guinness).

Avoid around the station and the dreaded Burrell, where you have to wipe your feet on the way out and the two curry houses are nothing special.

Stick to the Broadway with the Nizam very nearby although a little pricey and you'll have a good night out. :thumbsup:

I went in the Burrell the other night for the first time in 10 years or more... quite a makeover... actually ok I thought

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I went in the Burrell the other night for the first time in 10 years or more... quite a makeover... actually ok I thought

I've never been in, but the sign outside advertises "2 cans of craft beer for £7", so it must be slightly less spit-n-sawdust than its reputation suggests.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
La Campana is my favourite. Very generous portions of Tapas.

i agree but we usually order much too much unless the waiter stops us and tells us that we have ordered enough in his opinion.. Good to read Dazzer views on the Turkish in South Rd havent tried it yet but have been meaning to, so must soon

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
i agree but we usually order much too much unless the waiter stops us and tells us that we have ordered enough in his opinion.. Good to read Dazzer views on the Turkish in South Rd havent tried it yet but have been meaning to, so must soon

Wasn't impressed with Zeytin grill although my kids liked it. If you fancy Chinese, Canton Chef is good (Broadway again).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here