Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Marketing emails concerning ladies team

Should the club continue the marketing strategy of clickbait, or describe news accurately?

• No, I love being trolled

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • Yes, the email subject should describe the enclosed news

Votes: 116 82.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Strictly speaking it's accurate. But not in spirit. It's inaccurate or misleading in that 30000 of us turn up to watch the Albion but maybe a couple of hundred turn up to watch the other Albion. Guess which Albion almost everyone thinks of when they read a headline saying 'Albion' sign new goalkeeper.

My point exactly, which means the poll question is not correct. You could say it's misleading :lol:

It looks like what the club is trying to do – whether people like it or not – is try and stop people thinking about the 'other' Albion and group all the teams under one banner, to carry on the whole 'together' schtick. Personally I have no issue with it, for reasons I've already mentioned but clearly people do, so maybe it's time for the hierarchy to look at it :shrug:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My point exactly, which means the poll question is not correct. You could say it's misleading [emoji38]

It looks like what the club is trying to do – whether people like it or not – is try and stop people thinking about the 'other' Albion and group all the teams under one banner, to carry on the whole 'together' schtick. Personally I have no issue with it, for reasons I've already mentioned but clearly people do, so maybe it's time for the hierarchy to look at it :shrug:
Agreed. And whilst I think it's great to have a ladies team for those who want to be involved and support it, no amount of emails will make me any more likely to go and see them play, just like the other 'Albion' teams who are not 'The Albion' in my view.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Any idea what Avail_U10 means? I have a monetary value there that means nothing to me,

That wasn't in my options but it may be to do with promotions for U10s? That's solely a guess though as that's a written message rather than code. Do you have an U10 who comes with you?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Does anyone get their club news by email? I can't remember the last time we signed anyone completely out of the blue by reading a club email. It's almost always through NSC, Twitter, or some other source.

Basically, what I'm saying is I literally don't care about this "issue" and I certainly don't feel betrayed or misled or whatever words hyperbolists use these days. Don't like the content? Don't read it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Does anyone get their club news by email? I can't remember the last time we signed anyone completely out of the blue by reading a club email. It's almost always through NSC, Twitter, or some other source.

Basically, what I'm saying is I literally don't care about this "issue" and I certainly don't feel betrayed or misled or whatever words hyperbolists use these days. Don't like the content? Don't read it.
I am sure I'm not the only one using a smart watch. The email title is misleading and it's all I see.

Your comments are like a few others here that tell people that they shouldn't be bothered as you are not bothered. If only life were that simple.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
That wasn't in my options but it may be to do with promotions for U10s? That's solely a guess though as that's a written message rather than code. Do you have an U10 who comes with you?

No not really. My grandchildren have been to the odd game but that's about it.

It says £125.00 in the field though so no idea what that means.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yet more CLICKBAIT from the club with an email entitled 'Connolly's greatest game'. I wasn't aware of AARON'S significant contribution on Saturday, but it turns out it was a story about MEGAN Connolly from the Dorises.

Absolutely FUMMIN over here :angry:

A strongly-worded email is on its way to Messers BARBER, POTTER and BLOOM :moo:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Yet more CLICKBAIT from the club with an email entitled 'Connolly's greatest game'. I wasn't aware of AARON'S significant contribution on Saturday, but it turns out it was a story about MEGAN Connolly from the Dorises.

Get it on telly in the news all the time these days................Literally no one is interested. £50 for a season ticket LOL.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Get it on telly in the news all the time these days................Literally no one is interested. £50 for a season ticket LOL.

Literally no one is interested?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Dorises....hahahahaha

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Well, THIS is exciting...

marketing-permissions.png

(Switched off men's AND women's team news - no sexism here, no sir)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here