Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The British Grand Prix thread

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Easily the best racing I've seen this season. Great stuff. My last channel button is taking a pounding between this and the Cricket...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What's being English got to do with it?
Eh? We're in the Cricket world cup final, so being an Englishman, that puts cricket at the top of the list. We also have the world champion in F1, leading the championship, at his home GP. We don't have anyone in the final at Wimbledon.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Cricket......world cup winners on home of cricket..tick
F1..........Hamilton, English driver wins Grand Prix at Silverstone, home of F1.......tick
Tennis......no British winner but Oh what an occasion at the home of Tennis.

Good day of sport.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Eh? We're in the Cricket world cup final, so being an Englishman, that puts cricket at the top of the list. We also have the world champion in F1, leading the championship, at his home GP. We don't have anyone in the final at Wimbledon.

Eh? I'm English and have zero interest in Cricket so doesn't appear on my list never mind being top of it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Surely Hamilton’s home GP is Monaco, as that’s where he resides and pays taxes?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So I was at Silverstone yesterday. (Clearly I'd bought tickets before, I knew who would be competing for the tennis and cricket finals). Excellent race and good atmosphere there. On any other day it would have been a top quality and newsworthy sporting event. But unfortunately it got blown out of the water by two far superior sporting match ups. Ah well

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surely Hamilton’s home GP is Monaco, as that’s where he resides and pays taxes?
Fair point. After winning he said 'The greatest single moment for any athlete is to raise the flag in their home country'.

I guess he was referring to his win in May.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why do people only care about the Monaco thing now? Was the same criticism thrown at Jenson Button?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here