Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not that worried, because they will never get a huge majority on that platform.

At the risk of another expletive filled post from you, I wouldn't get too confident on the Tories not getting a large majority if todays front page of The Times is anywhere near true about Labour support ( along with the rumours of them possibly deselecting 70 MPs for the next GE ). Rock and a hard place springs to mind.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just seen their answers to the border issue

Hunt - although the EU have said that they won't renegotiate the border I believe they will.

Johnson - the border issue should be delayed until after the withdrawal agreement.

Thank goodness, that after 3 years that's finally sorted then. And this is what large numbers of leave voters have claimed the magic answer was all along. A Brexit supporting PM :facepalm:

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
At the risk of another expletive filled post from you, I wouldn't get too confident on the Tories not getting a large majority if todays front page of The Times is anywhere near true about Labour support ( along with the rumours of them possibly deselecting 70 MPs for the next GE ). Rock and a hard place springs to mind.

The Times , say no more

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
But it isn't Parliament who have the vote. It is 160k Tory Party members, amongst whom fox hunting is most likely a fairly popular pursuit. So on that basis it is probably quite sound advice and a pledge that could be quietly booted into the long grass should he be elected. (He won't be).

Fox hunting and tax cuts, it's aimed purely at those voters.
Just goes to show what those people are like, totally selfish and slack jawed, tally ho, plums in their mouths bloody snobs.
I expect the last bribe will be free moat cleaning.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
They’re being investigated by their own party, thicko.

Islamophobia is hate crime,a matter for Law if proven.Possibly not in the Reich,but civilisation rules in Great Britain.While we are on about the law,I see a poster on a thread I cannot post on because of knicker-wetters,is spreading rubbish about Doctor David Bull MEP.Perhaps she should desist.

vexatious.png

Oh,nearly forgot to return the insult.Kartoffelkopf.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Islamophobia is hate crime,a matter for Law if proven.Possibly not in the Reich,but civilisation rules in Great Britain.While we are on about the law,I see a poster on a thread I cannot post on because of knicker-wetters,is spreading rubbish about Doctor David Bull MEP.Perhaps she should desist.

Obviously everything in the U.K. ultimately has to abide by the law of land.

But. Do you understand there is a set of rules, and guidelines, within the Conservative party as well? These are what the investigation is concentrating on and all the party can concentrate on. If they have also broken the law I’m sure they will also get a call from the police.

As an example. Paul Barber will sling you out of the AMEX and ban you for having a bottle top. This is not a criminal offence.

Thicko.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

View attachment 112386

It’s also not a criminal offence to make up bullshit about drinking with footballers, lie about drinking buddies in the army and fib about your wealth. But there’s a lay set of unwritten rules which most of us abide by :wink:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Obviously everything in the U.K. ultimately has to abide by the law of land.

But. Do you understand there is a set of rules, and guidelines, within the Conservative party as well? These are what the investigation is concentrating on and all the party can concentrate on. If they have also broken the law I’m sure they will also get a call from the police.

As an example. Paul Barber will sling you out of the AMEX and ban you for having a bottle top. This is not a criminal offence.

Thicko.

So you admit you were wrong about it not being a criminal matter.Kartoffelkopf.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It’s also not a criminal offence to make up bullshit about drinking with footballers, lie about drinking buddies in the army and fib about your wealth. But there’s a lay set of unwritten rules which most of us abide by :wink:

It is certainly an offence to spread lies about people with the wealth to fight back,as shown by the chair of the Brexit party gaining exemplary damages from a lying SNP MP recently.I gave advice to her in a friendly manner,but you chose to put your own little bitter twist on it.What a sad,small-minded weasel you are.Kartoffelkopf.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m a lifelong believer in animal welfare and anti blood sports carried out for fun.

Jeremy Hunt’s refusal to condemn fox hunting makes him a grade A, opportunistic, cnt in my eyes. I’ll have zero respect for the bloke from now on.

(Not a party political point ... Labour’s Hoey thinks fox hunting is marvellous, whilst Blair revealed in his memoirs that “he was ignorant about the sport and underestimated public feeling about it, and says he then deliberately sabotaged the Hunting Act to ensure there were loopholes which would allow the sport to continue”).

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I’m a lifelong believer in animal welfare and anti blood sports carried out for fun.

Jeremy Hunt’s refusal to condemn fox hunting makes him a grade A, opportunistic, cnt in my eyes. I’ll have zero respect for the bloke from now on.

(Not a party political point ... Labour’s Hoey thinks fox hunting is marvellous, whilst Blair revealed in his memoirs that “he was ignorant about the sport and underestimated public feeling about it, and says he then deliberately sabotaged the Hunting Act to ensure there were loopholes which would allow the sport to continue”).

Everyone seems to be getting very worked up about what 2 guys are saying to impress 160k extreme right-wingers. I can only imagine the outrage over the next few days as so far they haven't yet mentioned capital punishment, national service, the cane/birch or restoration of The Empire. They've still got a week to go though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everyone seems to be getting very worked up about what 2 guys are saying to impress 160k extreme right-wingers. I can only imagine the outrage over the next few days as so far they haven't yet mentioned capital punishment, national service, the cane/birch or restoration of The Empire. They've still got a week to go though.

Animal welfare is a huge issue to me, as it is to many millions of Brits. For every tosser into dog fighting, badger baiting, fox hunting, giving pets a jolly good boot, there are overwhelmingly more caring, humane people in this country.

A very sensitive subject, to loads of people across the political spectrum (I’m not a ‘leftie’).

Hunt’s looks either cruel or cheap over this refusal to condemn.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Some people seem to think that having a nom-de-plume protects them from prosecution,but even SNP MPs aren't above paying damages,in this case equating to a year's wages,for printing or saying falsehoods.So I suggest you stop bigging yourself up,and have a cup of STFU.Another apology by pm will be fine.lyingtwat.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So you admit you were wrong about it not being a criminal matter.Kartoffelkopf.

Jesus. I really can’t be arsed to debate this any further. And **** knows why I bit in the first place. Good afternoon.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

b@@@@@@@

:)

I read the report and there isn't any party anywhere near getting an overall majority.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...ould-cut-new-pm-s-majority-to-three-7nnccxwzh

ro-Remain parties will unite behind a single candidate for the first time at next month’s parliamentary by-election in an attempt to reduce the Tories’ working majority to three.

Plaid Cymru and the Green Party will not stand in Brecon & Radnorshire to help Jane Dodds, the Liberal Democrat leader in Wales, to secure the seat.

The vote, to be held on August 1, will be the first electoral test for either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Hunt as prime minister. Plaid, which advocates Welsh independence, will actively endorse Ms Dodds, 55. She described the pact as a “historic and courageous decision” in the interests of opposing Brexit.

Marvellous.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Animal welfare is a huge issue to me, as it is to many millions of Brits. For every tosser into dog fighting, badger baiting, fox hunting, giving pets a jolly good boot, there are overwhelmingly more caring, humane people in this country.

A very sensitive subject, to loads of people across the political spectrum (I’m not a ‘leftie’).

Hunt’s looks either cruel or cheap over this refusal to condemn.

I wouldn't class myself as an animal lover - never been a great one for pets or anything like that.

But I abhor cruelty to animals and Fox-hunting is barbaric. How anybody can even consider that it should be legal is beyond me.

And it really annoys me when people who support it come up with one of two defences:
1. "It's the politics of envy". Oh no it isn't. If I wanted to charge around the countryside on a horse wearing silly clothes in pursuit of a fox I could probably order my finances quite easily to let me do so. But the idea repulses me.

2. "They don't understand the countryside". If that is a call for us to descend to the level of an animal which might kill just for the sake of it, I'm flabbergasted. Barbaric is an inadequate word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here