Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Jess Glynne: Serial Sicknote

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah but who the feck is she?

I've never heard of her in my life and i'm in my early 30's.

Most people around my age don't follow the charts. Those days have been and gone, and anyway, I always had chart music down as something for the kids?

So do the OAP's still follow the charts?
If you want to start a poll on that, put me down as no!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Is there any substance to these hints/allegations of her being a Charlie fiend? I don’t read newspapers and they haven’t mentioned anything on Heart FM

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Well done Wozza, I can tell you are down with the kids :)
I bet your wireless is permanently tuned in to Heart FM :wink:

Isn't Heart FM for 30-somethings? Not really for the kids.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
They play her most of the day, whilst I’m listening anyway.

I'm sure. But I was accused of being "down with the kids" like we were discussing *checks notes* Post Malone or Dave or Digga D or something. :)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A typical playlist includes Jess Glynne, Rita Ora, Taylor Swift and Pink.

Are you thinking of Radio Sussex?

All those artists are pushing 30, except Pink who is pushing 40, FFS.

Are you thinking 'kids' are in their 20s and 30s?!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All those artists are pushing 30, except Pink who is pushing 40, FFS.

And you thinking 'kids' are in their 20s and 30s?!

We’ve got kids, with their mates, they like some of those artists. When their gigs are aired eg BBC last year the crowd is full of kids and young adults.

Shirley they know what they like, rather than grown ups on NSC telling them they don’t.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
We’ve got kids, with their mates, they like some of those artists. When their gigs are aired eg BBC last year the crowd is full of kids and young adults.

Shirley they know what they like, rather than grown ups on NSC telling them they don’t.

I'm sure they do. It's mainstream pop.

The point remains that Heart is aimed at 30-somethings not kids.

Edit: In fact...

"Heart's core audience are aged between 25-44. Heart listeners have a spark about them; despite juggling their various roles as wives, husbands, parents and professionals, they still make time for themselves and are determined to squeeze the most out of life."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.heart.co.uk/about-us/

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Even if you don't know who she is, if you have a TV you will almost certainly heard of her - even if you don't know it.

She provides the soundtrack for this commercial...

Worst holiday ever if you had that playing in the background.

PS never seen that advert before. I never watch the commercials.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Well... just to make up for all this, I cashed in some Hilton Hotel points to see her at a small and intimate gig at a top London hotel. A private gig for about 300 people, organised by Hilton.

I didn't feel well on the day so called Hilton and cancelled. I got all my points back and she didn't see me.

punk:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Seven #1s?! I didn't even realise she had released that many singles.

Mind you, I expect you only need to sell a small number these days to get top spot....I dont keep up with the charts any more tbh, so probably all done on download now is it?

Pop charts are like school grades these days, everyone gets seven number ones for releasing an EP used on a Morrisons ad. Entire months go past where the only artist in the top 100 is bloody Ed Sheervolume

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'm over the halfway point of my 50s, can't stand "No music variety Heart FM" and Radio 2 is my station of choice (except when Slime is in between 12 and 2 when it's Absolute Radio).

I have heard quite a few of her songs and I think she pretty good. No idea if she's got a problem with C.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
https://mobile.twitter.com/JessGlynne/status/1144197318692016129/photo/1

D-EBW04XUAAOCft.jpeg

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I had no idea who she is when I read the Isle Of Wight Festival news. I then listened to a bit of her goat like singing and wish I still didn't know.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Kids compaired to people you are calling " Gramps " :)

Personally I thought Heart FM is for people that like hearing the same songs 8 times a day everyday.

AKA jestermen “”Ultras” they can listen to, and sing along with, a mournful dirge for 90 minutes without coming up for air.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I am an old fart, make no bones about it, but I do know Jess Glynne and like her a lot. Especially liked "Not Letting Go" with Tinie Tempah was superb.

Always comes across well in interviews, and hopefully she is just being more careful with her voice than some have done down the years, causing irreparable damage. I remember Jon Bon Jovi talking about tours where for weeks he couldn't get close to some of the high notes in their songs, but they would just carry on anyway. He could probably get away with throwing the mic towards the audience to all sing the lines "Whoa-hoa LIVING on a prayer" but Jess can't really do that so much.

Hope it's nothing more than some serious fatigue, and the late notice in the IoW was merely her exhaustion reaching a tipping point where she suddenly called time of "pushing through, one more time."

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
She is a phenomenon of our time, make no mistake about it, an artist who is loved as much by the teens as by the forty somethings who are young at heart.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is that her offa the red button turney around singing show?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here