Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crystal Palace lost £39 million last season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’m a ‘bit dim’ according to the Palace BBS and the loss is only £33 million apparently. Must be my bad arithmetic I guess. I subtracted £189m from £150m to calculate the loss pre player sales and incorrectly got it to £39m. Stupid me :dunce::dunce:

View attachment 107298
Even if they were right, then their £33 million loss 'victory' would still seem a bit pyrrhic.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Take a look at my reply to Rory. At the end of the day Palace’s strategy of spending a lot on wages and player signings has kept them in the Premier League.

Agreed - but with a £39m loss, surely that strategy is unsustainable? It'll be interesting to see what happens next season. I'm assuming Roy will retire gracefully, and much will rest on the choice of the next manager. They've flirted with progressive football (de Boer), but have always reverted to "playing to their strengths". Which way will they go in 19/20? Whatever they do, they will need to spend a load on the new stand, and no doubt loads on new players.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Agreed - but with a £39m loss, surely that strategy is unsustainable? It'll be interesting to see what happens next season. I'm assuming Roy will retire gracefully, and much will rest on the choice of the next manager. They've flirted with progressive football (de Boer), but have always reverted to "playing to their strengths". Which way will they go in 19/20? Whatever they do, they will need to spend a load on the new stand, and no doubt loads on new players.

I suppose playing to their strengths only leaves them one choice for manager:

62a6685620f4d24dc0cd2697ae728d1c.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here