Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kazenga Lua Lua: post-Albion

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He fully deserved that Championship player of the month. For that period of time, he was terrific. There are players who can play at a level for a decade (perfectly well) and never win a player of the month award.

Some players can come back from cruciate injuries or similar and still be the players they were, but to have a chance you usually have to be young and it has to be a first time injury. Solly is a good example. If you've had similar problems over and over or you're 26+ you'll never be the player you were. Defenders or centre mids can sometimes get round this by adapting their game, others who rely heavily on explosive acceleration and power, like CMS or Kaz are destined to slip down the leagues.
Some people just don't get it. They should listen to Michael Owen talk about how he changed post injury (even when young).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What is it that you "get", that others don't?
Well I'm far from alone, but many of us understand that he was a dangerous player with a turn of speed that caused defences a lot of problems, and that since his injuries he doesn't have that any more, and so he's no longer as good as he used to be.

There are plenty of players through history who have adapted their game and been successful after losing a bit of speed. Kaz isn't one of those. His turn of pace was too important a factor in his ability, and once it went, so did his ability to perform at a high level.

It's not because he's stupid (many a great footballer can be a bit daft) and it's not because he can't be bothered. His body simply can't do what it used to be able to do.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He fully deserved that Championship player of the month. For that period of time, he was terrific. There are players who can play at a level for a decade (perfectly well) and never win a player of the month award.

Some players can come back from cruciate injuries or similar and still be the players they were, but to have a chance you usually have to be young and it has to be a first time injury. Solly is a good example. If you've had similar problems over and over or you're 26+ you'll never be the player you were. Defenders or centre mids can sometimes get round this by adapting their game, others who rely heavily on explosive acceleration and power, like CMS or Kaz are destined to slip down the leagues.

There is a huge difference between a torn cruciate ligament and a shattered ankle joint held together with screws and plates. His hamstrings are like cheese strings too.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I wish Kaz all the best.

He will always remain one of the few Albion players that got me off my seat every time he got the ball on the wing.

Great pace, great skill at the time, but as my son said at the time, 'If he could cross a good ball after skinning the defenders, he wouldn't be with us'.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I wish Kaz all the best.

He will always remain one of the few Albion players that got me off my seat every time he got the ball on the wing.

Great pace, great skill at the time, but as my son said at the time, 'If he could cross a good ball after skinning the defenders, he wouldn't be with us'.

He obviously never saw the pass to Vicente.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
He obviously never saw the pass to Vicente.

Of course he did, but in general. ( and I remember a cracker v saints? )

Not slagging kaz off in the slightest, I assure you, in fact, quite the opposite!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Man of the Match today

With a goal and a triple somersault

When he was fit that guy was a delight to watch!!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Used to love watching him when he was fit , so exciting with pace and power , and a goal scorer , shame about his injuries

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
When fully fit, he’s way too good for league 1. I’m glad to see him doing well but it’s just a shame it’s for Luton. I was hoping they’d apart after Jones left but it hasn’t happened unfortunately.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Kaz to Sunderland - perm

Was listening to the radio in the car on the way back from Devon....they were raving about Luton and Kaz in particular who had a great game. So pleased he seems to be enjoying his football again

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
When fully fit, he’s way too good for league 1. I’m glad to see him doing well but it’s just a shame it’s for Luton. I was hoping they’d xxxx apart after Jones left but it hasn’t happened unfortunately.

Sorry you think that way, if they gain promotion this season, nathan jones will have deserved that on his CV !

That irrespective of what you feel for that particular club !

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Always seemed to be the best player in the Champ for first 5-7 games of the season and then COMPLETELY disappear until after the next pre-season.

Deserves to be back in the Champ though!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here