Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Initiative Q.

This looks like it could be a variant of crypto (although no risk as no charge right now), with nice cartoons to make it look friendly.

It might work, but I suspect the ‘target’ price will forever be just that and the only people to make real money will be the founders (if they convince enough people to buy into this if it ever launches).

Direct Carrier Billing systems (payments through mobile as alternative to Credit Cards) have been around for years and are more advanced than this in global adoption. They charge Retailers a smaller handling fee than credit card companies and PayPal, so this payment revolution is already happening.

Bango and Boku are UK listed examples of companies that have developed DCB payment processing and are growing market share.

Will be interested to see what happens with this, but not holding my breath.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
5 spaces available!

Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of credit cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this.

Here is my invite link: https://initiativeq.com/invite/SVECrgajQ

This link will stop working once I’m out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of credit cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this.

Here is my invite link: https://initiativeq.com/invite/B-AFvg6o7

This link will stop working once I’m out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Will be interested to see what happens with this, but not holding my breath.

This is probably where I am too, to be honest. I’m looking at it as a free lottery ticket. I’ve signed up for it, I’ve shared it and now there’s a slim chance I’ll get a big lump of cash in a couple of years time.

There seems to be a bit of buzz building around it, none of the components are particularly unique but there’s a fair few ideas being tied together here and the giving away money to create a user base early on is pretty interesting from a marketing point of view.

The Pyramid scheme claims fall short as you don’t have to put any money in up front, and as for people saying it’s data mining... well NSC has more of my information/data than In-Q does. :lolol:

Giving somebody my email address and potentially gaining 400,000 Q’s seems like a fairly decent gamble to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here