Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’m fairly confident the EU will sign it off so they can give TM a fighting chance to get the deal through so they can get their grubby hands on the £39bn

I think you will find that Suella Braverman committed to the £39Bn some months back, regardless of what happens in any negotiations.

Or maybe, if we went 'no deal' it would be an interesting start to our negotiations with USA, Russia, Brazil, etc etc (oh - and the largest trading bloc in the world the EU) by refusing to pay our outstanding trade bills ?

Do you listen to anything that's been going on for the last 3 years :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That's yet again just a woeful, rather childish, simplistic, misrepresentation oft repeated by hardcore remainers/the Guardian set. The real reasons why Brexiteers didn't end up in the top job or resigned are far more nuanced and about political realities than ' they ran away' .... play ground stuff.:rolleyes:

They ran away from their responsibilities trying to blame everyone else, so it really shouldn't come as a surprise us when their supporters follow their lead and do the exact same thing :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I need to go to bed for an early flight tomorrow.

Who knows, maybe by the time I next sign on, maybe someone who voted for the cluster***k that we now have may have stood up, and actually taken responsibility for what they have done.

Or maybe not :bigwave:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
How does this add any value to the conversation here, apart from winding people up.

If you're saying, and you are, that Leave.EU's revolting campaign messages were designed to wind people up then I'm with you all the way. They seem to have been effective at doing just that and and the result is that we are now where we are.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
How can a second referendum make things any worse than they are now? Nothing will change in the minds of those that want to Leave now - with or without a Deal, and nothing will change in the minds of those that want remain and believe in the European Project.

Furthermore, there are 13 million people that didn't vote that might have come to a decision now that the facts are clearer. And what about the 2.4 million young voters that have turned 18 since the referendum back in 2016 - shouldn't they get a say on the deal reached in Parliament?
You could say this about any election or referendum.

After a year or two of any government, it is doubtful whether they have implemented what they said they would do. You would end up having elections every couple of years.

People only want a second referendum to overturn the original vote. If you voted Remain, you have nothing to lose.

And if the vote was to leave a second time, those people who voted remain would still not like the result and try to stop Brexit.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I think you will find that Suella Braverman committed to the £39Bn some months back, regardless of what happens in any negotiations.

Or maybe, if we went 'no deal' it would be an interesting start to our negotiations with USA, Russia, Brazil, etc etc (oh - and the largest trading bloc in the world the EU) by refusing to pay our outstanding trade bills ?

Do you listen to anything that's been going on for the last 3 years :facepalm:
I wish I had the time to listen to as much as you do. That’s why I come on here to be educated

D

Deleted member 22389

If you're saying, and you are, that Leave.EU's revolting campaign messages were designed to wind people up then I'm with you all the way. They seem to have been effective at doing just that and and the result is that we are now where we are.

It's done, finished, time to move on don't you think? we get it. Most of the leavers departed this thread months ago, it's pointless.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You could say this about any election or referendum.

After a year or two of any government, it is doubtful whether they have implemented what they said they would do. You would end up having elections every couple of years.

People only want a second referendum to overturn the original vote. If you voted Remain, you have nothing to lose.

And if the vote was to leave a second time, those people who voted remain would still not like the result and try to stop Brexit.

I think in this case there's more to it. Nobody knew what Leave would actually look like back in 2016, or who would be leading it, or how it would be implemented. And without a manifesto to be accountable for there were lots of huge lies in the Referendum Campaign.

And if the country voted Leave a second time I really don't think there would be a call for a third vote.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Doesn't appear to be much media coverage for some reason, but thank goodness the Daily Express is and telling it like it is:

Theresa May warned 'Brexit FIGHTBACK' is on as protesters launch 270-mile march to London

BREXITEERS came together on Saturday to begin the "fightback" for Brexit as angered Britons took to the streets to march from Sunderland to London to voice their anger over plans to delay the UK's exit from the European Union.

Around 100 people assembled in Sunderland

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...nderland-Farage-UK-EU-withdrawal-delay-latest

Every game in the Bostick League South East will get a bigger turnout than that this afternoon. :lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Judging by the gammonball run not sure we need to be to concerned over any potential civil war

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
They ran away from their responsibilities trying to blame everyone else, so it really shouldn't come as a surprise us when their supporters follow their lead and do the exact same thing :facepalm:

And repeat ... just a woeful, rather childish, simplistic, misrepresentation oft repeated by hardcore remainers/the Guardian set. The real reasons why Brexiteers didn't end up in the top job or resigned are far more nuanced and about political realities than ' they ran away' .... playground stuff.

It was ever thus …

Russian conspiracy

BBC conspiracy

Gammon

A recession is coming we are doomed

Frauderendum

It was only advisory

Cliff edge

All racists voted leave

There are only three options (or two)

Old peoples votes are less valid

Always been the same choices (which change)

Right-wing press conspiracy

Nothing to do with Remainers in Parliament intent on stopping Brexit

No deal will never happen

No deal will happen … PANIC!

This would always have happened

No one knows what is happening, your fault leavers

Leavers are dying ... hurray!

Our children's futures are over

You morons were duped and shouldn't be allowed to vote …. now vote again

Voting leave won't reduce EU immigration

The big drop in EU immigration would have happened anyway

Financial conspiracy of Rich Brexiteers (and Philip Hammond!)

Referendums are terrible

We want another referendum

Vote leave didn't campaign for a Soft Brexit but it's still leaving, so there.

Vote leave didn't campaign for a no deal so we can't do it

80 ERG MP's are stopping Brexit happening (230 MP's voted against May's deal)

You voted to rip up the good Friday agreement

WTO will make us have a hard border

The government is far right, May's an immigrant hating fascist

Honda 'Brexit' Job losses

Honda management fibbing

Job losses big news

Job gains irrelevant

Record employment irrelevant

All your fault .. ner ner ner ner ner,nothing to do with our incompetent political class :facepalm:

And on and on and on ....

At least :shit: have been knocked out of the cup though! :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here