Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Unity is gone. It will take generations to fix this rift. And the country should never ever forget what the Tories have done to the United Kingdom and it’s citizens.

Jesus Christ! Are you Ernest? Cameron thought he was doing the right thing and putting the Euro sceptics on the back foot, but with hindsight he made a monumental mistake. But you want to tar all right of centre thinkers (many of whom voted remain) as being guilty of wilfully screwing up UK plc, grow up man.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
But I’d want a burger.

I'll check, as the kebab guys said there's a hard border with regard to burgers, could I offer you one but maybe not deliver it?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think remain would lose a second referendum. But whatever the outcome of all of this, the U.K. is dead in the water. Very few want to know and those that do are just trying to pick over the trade bones of a dead beast. The voters ignorance and the Tory greed has sunk us.

Although my conclusion is the same, I blame the arrogance of the liberal educated elite rather than Conservative greed. The so called clever people took the working class for granted.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
How, when they cannot agree now? Unless it's just stalling...….

Well I guess if the amendment was put to a vote and it wasn't agreed then yes, that would be either stalling or a sign that the proposed deal is very bad.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This in absolute spades. The Tories completely own this farce. They called the referendum, their voters voted for it.

No I didn’t, nor did many others. It was a mixture of historical right wingers, little Englanders and the disenfranchised.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Although my conclusion is the same, I blame the arrogance of the liberal educated elite rather than Conservative greed. The so called clever people took the working class for granted.

Took them for granted ? Hmm, possibly. Took them for a ride ? Definitely. Brexit was one big con.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A lot of signatories to it. A who's who in the Westminster freak show parade basically:

Fiona Bruce

She's really pushing the boundaries of what she can and can't do as host of Question Time, isn't she?

But yes, all the usual headbangers on that list. A veritable "Who's That?" of them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The government will ask for an extension now, the eu will grant one on the condition there is a 2nd referendum, I think we’ll see 3 options, leave with no deal, leave with the deal offered and remain.
Well the 3 options certainly wouldn't be equal runners, as it would split the remain vote. There's concern that a 2nd referendum would damage the country too much. I don't think it would, but if those are our options in a straight 3 way vote, the shit would really hit the fan.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Making our own way in the world is surely about striking the best trade deals?

What country around the world is going to give the UK, a much smaller market than the EU - a better deal than they give the EU?

I’ll have a stab at it, none. There is no country that will undermine their deal with the EU but under cutting it for the UK.

I don't actually believe thats true for some smaller countries. The EU is so large and powerful that its not about the other countries giving the EU a deal, but rather what they have to do to get a deal with the EU. But now the UK is on its own these other countries will have more leverage than they did with the EU. We've all seen the US banging on about chlorinated-chicken and hormone-fed beef. We'll get the odd nice deal, but it will come at a cost to standards, or our own producers, or our trading relations with the EU. Malaysia is a prime example, as its main export is palm oil, but much of it is the result of mass deforestation and the EU won't accept palm oil from unsustainable sources. So they will give us a prime trade deal, as long as we commit to accepting their unsustainable PO.

But for the larger countries, yes they not only might be unwilling to give a better deal, but actually CAN'T give a better deal because of the terms of their EU deal. The recent Japan, Mexico, Canada, Korea, Caribbean, Vietnam and upcoming Australia and India deals all contain most-favoured nation clauses with the EU - meaning they can't give a better deal to the UK.

Still won't stop them asking for more concessions from us. Japan will push for visa exemptions to be lifted Various countries will seek access to our fishing waters. India also wants visa liberalisation, but they're pretty happy as it is the UK that has been holding up an India-EU deal over import tariffs on Scotch, with us out of the way they'll get their deal and keep their tariffs, and their economy is set to overtake the UK's as a result. The South American trade block will seek a deal that will flood the UK with their cheap beef, damaging our own cattle farmers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unity is gone. It will take generations to fix this rift. And the country should never ever forget what the Tories have done to the United Kingdom and it’s citizens.
So you want a rift to be fixed, and to do it you want the entire country to go against one of the main two parties :lol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I predict we will crash out on no deal, May will slip out of the limelight, a millionaire cushioned from the effects of her **** up, leave voters gradually realise over two years they’ve been conned into ruining their own country, UK breaks up. We ain’t getting a second referendum on this. May will getvcoted down again, she’ll resign, we’ll crash out.

On your way.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jesus Christ! Are you Ernest? Cameron thought he was doing the right thing and putting the Euro sceptics on the back foot, but with hindsight he made a monumental mistake. But you want to tar all right of centre thinkers (many of whom voted remain) as being guilty of wilfully screwing up UK plc, grow up man.

:facepalm:

Idiot.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I predict we will crash out on no deal, May will slip out of the limelight, a millionaire cushioned from the effects of her **** up, leave voters gradually realise over two years they’ve been conned into ruining their own country, UK breaks up. We ain’t getting a second referendum on this. May will getvcoted down again, she’ll resign, we’ll crash out.

On your way.
Still by far the most likely outcome.

A little more time yet though for MPs to fiddle while the UK burns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here