Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any remember our very own pitch invader vs Leyton Orient March 97?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
That whole run of home games at the end of that season was crazy, it felt like we had the executioners axe hanging over our head before every game because at home we were brilliant but away utter turd.

McDonald and Storer down the wings with Maskell and Baird up front. I bloody loved Ian Baird, proper old school forward, tough as nails.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
My recollection was that he was heading for McGleish, and "butch" tried to intervene and stop him. I don't think he was heading for Wilkins.

And then I watch the video posted, and realise how much your mind plays tricks on you. Yep, he was trying to throw punches at Butch.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’m as bad as the rest but this thread, over 20 years after the event just shows how a complete dickhead who could have got us chucked out the league/ points deducted etc is remembered as a bit of a rogue, freedom fighter, just got a bit excited, not a bad bloke actually, when we should be thinking he was a disgrace, hope he never sets foot at the Albion, etc.

How will Brum fans remember Paul Mitchell in 20 years?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We were behind it in west side of the North Stand, my over all memory was just despair. I thought instantly points deductions, sanctions on the club and the nail in the coffin of our club.

I was just amazed afterwards we missed this bullet somehow. Agree at the time I thought idiots and would think the same today. We were fighting for the life of or club and this bit could have killed it dead.

I also remember it felt like two points dropped and that a point was not enough.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I’m as bad as the rest but this thread, over 20 years after the event just shows how a complete dickhead who could have got us chucked out the league/ points deducted etc is remembered as a bit of a rogue, freedom fighter, just got a bit excited, not a bad bloke actually, when we should be thinking he was a disgrace, hope he never sets foot at the Albion, etc.

How will Brum fans remember Paul Mitchell in 20 years?

Equally how will his new partner 'Villa Leroy' in Winson Green prison remember him?

With affection hopefully?

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
From that game, I seem to remember some bloke getting onto the pitch from the north, wandering about a bit and then climbing into the West beneath the Lego stand. He looked totally stoned and then got set upon by angry Albion fans who realised that his, and the other invaders', actions put in jeopardy all that Stevie Gritt had achieved.

When I feel a bit hacked off with the club nowadays, I just think back to where we were then , to get myself some perspective.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
From that game, I seem to remember some bloke getting onto the pitch from the north, wandering about a bit and then climbing into the West beneath the Lego stand. He looked totally stoned and then got set upon by angry Albion fans who realised that his, and the other invaders', actions put in jeopardy all that Stevie Gritt had achieved.

Thank-you. I thought I had misremembered. This was immediately after the first invader went on - he sort of ambled around - wearing some odd sort of denim/cloth shoulder bag looking completely out of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here